mikeport2010

Why you got Married/engaged to your spouse/fiance?!!!

131 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I agreed to move to the U.S. and marry my husband because we were helplessly in love and made each other laugh.

Would I do it again? That's a hard question to answer because I could never give my husband up now, so I guess the better question would be..... Would I only agree to talk to people (on the dating site I was on) that were from my home country (Canada)??? Yes!!!!!

That way, I would not have met an American and would still be living in Canada where I would really rather be, close to my two sons and my many friends.

Just being honest guys!!!!!

I understand where you're coming from, but I'd just answer that I love my Luis and would marry him again, sure, but if I could turn time back and change things, I'd make him a brazilian so we could stay in Brazil together and not have to go through all this process and hardship and missing each other, etc.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never planned on being married again but this was the only way we could be together. If he was a USC to begin with, we would not be married right now.

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Here we gooo

1_Why you wanted to marry your spouse , why you wanted to get engaged to your fiance.

2_How you do you feel now about thsi Decision?

i ill talk about my experience when you ask me lool

i know its hard to answer the second Question so do your best guys

1- the first time we met and looked onto each others eyes..it was like woooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww

everyone knew we were kind of made for each other except me I was married then..he told his family that he would have asked me to marry him if I wasn t married, and he did right after my divorce.

2- the best thing that had ever happen to me. I am in LOVE.

1. Why? Love! It's that simple

2. It's been several months waiting to be together and with each passing day the love we have for each other grows and grows. I just wish I made the decision to marry sooner. (L)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We married for love.

Would I marry him if I knew then what I know now? Yes, although I might have pushed harder to live in Canada than move to the US. It was the practical answer, however. Like Jen, though, if we were both citizens of the same country we would probably just be living together instead of married - nothing against marriage, just the way we are. If I had to marry anyone though, I am glad it is him and would do it all over again.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The answers to these questions seem a little obvious (or they should be) as I assume many would agree...

1) Engaged because we love each other. (L)

2) Feel terrific about the decision. :yes:

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

1. I bet my heart and lost it to her in a game of no-hold-em.

2. I think she was playing with a loaded deck.

same here...strange..i had aces and eights?

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

I married Claudeth because she waits on me hand an foot :blink:

I love her and would do it all over again at the drop of a hat (L)

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

damn, brother jim..you were missed ...is your computer up and running good?

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Timeline

This is cheesy, but she is my soulmate, in more ways than one. No matter what happens, the fulfullment and joy that she has given me will be worth it, no matter what. I married her because we are perfect together, no issues, doubts, baggage, just a chance to re-start a new and happy life. I am totally committed to this.

How do I feel? A peace inside with this decision. Nothing I have had before.

Here we gooo

1_Why you wanted to marry your spouse , why you wanted to get engaged to your fiance.

2_How you do you feel now about thsi Decision?

i ill talk about my experience when you ask me lool

i know its hard to answer the second Question so do your best guys

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
1. I bet my heart and lost it to her in a game of no-hold-em.

2. I think she was playing with a loaded deck.

same here...strange..i had aces and eights?

LOL...Wild Bill is a distant relative.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We just decided to get married. There was no grand proposal or ring. We had a trip booked to Canada so Mel could meet my family and thought we would make it our Honeymoon trip.

We got married on a day when Mel's mom was in town- we thought we would surprise her. We both knew she would be happy.

We found a JP and a few friends and got married in Jackson Square one morning. I didn't wear a dress- it was pretty casual. Afterwards, we drove out to a plantation and spent the night there.

My first wedding was pretty similar- we just upped and did it- it was never really my dream to have the white dress and the whole affair.

Ok i've promissed you guy i'ill tell my story

i posted that topic for a reason and that im a bit Sad and confused!

I met my wife online i enjoy chatting to her looking at her gorgeous face enjoying our jokes whatever were silly these jokes but we enjoyed saying it and seeing eachother laugh. although all of this but we did not involve in any relation yet just we both felt we miss eachother like be in touch so after that i noticed i miss her and that if im away from my pc i remember her and i just wana back home to talk to her and she was the same so it started to show something... will tell the rest after i tell the problem

as i used to chat online i talked to other women before my wife i used to be flirty with them i admit i had some relations online all knew i was not serious about it except one relation it been since three years with a married woman she was over the 40s i was still 22s we talked she shared me her problems i felt sorry for her in th begning and then turned to be a relation but i thought it would be the same as teh others so i will just cheer her sad days for a while so she will turn away , but it did not happen , to tell you something about me i dont like to piss people off i love to go slowly without noise , tried to leave her dont come online for long time but she never stoped getting in touch with me she only stuck in my words and felt i have to pay of for my fault i said ok may its your fate , was sadly trying to convince myself that i will be happy , in the same time i did not stop or chatting to other women i knwo what will you say (another cheating dog) okk but i did not realise i was this i thought im helping and sharing love online that i believed love online will never work and they we will only forget about this relation with time as its not real ... ok back to the story this lasy did not knwo what she wants she was still married and dont wana get divorce so hell it was knocking in me shes stil marroed and wants to talk to me(to make me feel good she told me her husband beats her alot and harrass other women) so i just asked if you wana me then get divorce and come to me anyways it did not happen she only wants to talk to me via phone and cheer up after that i gave up and said okk you just come to egypt and lets see if will we adapt , and warned her we wont do anything wrong you will just come to visit egypt so said okk and booked the tickets ....

now lets back to my wife in this time my relation wth my wife started to get stronger but for me i thought its only an online relation and hmmmm even if i have feeling for her but i doubt it might be a deceiving feeling and it will fade away after time, but happened what i did not excpect just did not find any word to tell her i miss you just to say i miss youu do you think thsi can be love then she was there to say the same but hmmm we both used to joke much we did not assure it was real only we doubt eachother , the bomb was when she decided she wana come to see me i said omg that greattttttt i never expected that i will see that aweseome girl face to face (we did not talk about any relation) only she will come , so baby when will you come.....the biggest bomb she will come one week before the other lady arrival ...there we go i was upset about the idea but i said okk no problem i will meet my baby we ill take tour in egypt and then she will back usa with good memories with me and about the other lady hmmmmm it will be the same just lets see what she wantsss.......hmmmm i will complete it later inshallah

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.