bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok, so my turn to vent (although I'm reluctant as my issue seems petty compared to others, but here goes!)

I was MOH at my BFF's wedding last October; not keeping score, but spent aLOT of time & money (dress, gift, threw her a shower) and was at her beck & call.

Well, we're going away for our weddingmoon; she and hubby can't go (no vacation time), ok, no biggie, totally understand. We helped them move TWICE into their new house; when we ask them to help Doug move for his POE; they can't...painting their basement, ok, no biggie.

My dress came in today; we agreed she would go with me when it came for fitting....um no, can't, has to help hubby with a spreadsheet he needs for work..and has the nerve to say "set the appointment for Saturday & I SHOULD be able to go then"?!@#! :angry: NOW it's a biggie! Now I'm pissy.....spreadsheet....my wedding.....hmmmm? Set the appointment around her schedule? No.....so I'm going tonite alone and it's fine with me. The whole reason we are going away was to avoid drama...even my own family doesn't know we're going.....

Doug & I BOTH agreed next time they ask us to help them, it's a No. Sheez.....whatever happened to friendship?

Adjustment of Status / EAD / AP

Day 000: 2007-12-28 Mailed Application

Day 006: 2008-01-03 "Received Date"

Day 011: 2008-01-08 Biometrics Appt. Letter Received

Day 028: 2008-01-25 Biometrics Appt.

Day 043: 2008-02-09 AOS Notice of Interview received

Day 054: 2008-02-20 AP & EAD Approval Email

Day 059: 2008-02-25 Received AP

Day 060: 2008-02-26 EAD card production ordered

Day 063: 2008-02-29 EAD card received

Day 123: 2008-05-01 AOS Interview in Detroit!

Day 123: 2008-05-01 Approval email notice...same day as Interview!

Day 125: 2008-05-03 Card Production Notice

Day 127: 2008-05-05 Welcome to the USA Letter!

K-1 Visa Approval

Day 000: 2007-02-05 Mailed Application

Day 016: 2007-02-21 NOA1 Date

Day 087: 2007-05-03 NOA2 Date

Day 119: 2007-06-05 Received Packet 3 (Instructions)

Day 123: 2007-06-09 Returned Packet 3

Day 287: 2007-11-08 K-1 Interview at Montreal

Day 293: 2007-11-14 K1 Visa in Hand

Day 296: 2007-11-17 POE

Day 299: 2007-11-20 Wedding on St. Pete Beach, FL

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hate to say it but that's not the best BFF. We have a great friend who is always around to help, and we help back. We are very close with him and he's a great guy. However EVERY other person or time in my life has burned me because I am too nice and generous.

Friendships no longer exist. People use us when it is convenient for them and ditch us when it is convenient for them.

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

Filed: Timeline
Ok, so my turn to vent (although I'm reluctant as my issue seems petty compared to others, but here goes!)

I was MOH at my BFF's wedding last October; not keeping score, but spent aLOT of time & money (dress, gift, threw her a shower) and was at her beck & call.

Well, we're going away for our weddingmoon; she and hubby can't go (no vacation time), ok, no biggie, totally understand. We helped them move TWICE into their new house; when we ask them to help Doug move for his POE; they can't...painting their basement, ok, no biggie.

My dress came in today; we agreed she would go with me when it came for fitting....um no, can't, has to help hubby with a spreadsheet he needs for work..and has the nerve to say "set the appointment for Saturday & I SHOULD be able to go then"?!@#! :angry: NOW it's a biggie! Now I'm pissy.....spreadsheet....my wedding.....hmmmm? Set the appointment around her schedule? No.....so I'm going tonite alone and it's fine with me. The whole reason we are going away was to avoid drama...even my own family doesn't know we're going.....

Doug & I BOTH agreed next time they ask us to help them, it's a No. Sheez.....whatever happened to friendship?

I have one word.... #######. Dump her azz like liz did with hers.... that's just being a mean one.

I totally agree. A BBF is supposed to be there no matter what. Other things can wait. Don't ever start letting people walk all over you(so to speak) cause they'll continue to do it. I learned the hard way with that one.

Mary

Here's my K-1 Timeline:

October 2006 - I-129F sent

10/24/2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!....APPROVED!!

10/30/2007 - Visa in hand!

AOS Timeline:

1/30/08 - Sent AOS pkg Priority Mail with USPS

3/12/08 - Biometrics taken

3/29/08 - EAD and AP in hand for me and my son

5/21/08 - Email-GC on its way!...RFE for my son's application

5/27/08 - GC arrives!!!

7/02/08 - Sons GC arrives!!!

ROC TIMELINE

3/23/10 - ROC sent!

3/29/10 - NOA1

4/22/10 - Biometrics Appt for me and my son

6/30/10 - Email saying card production ordered for me and my son

7/6/10 - Letter in the mail saying cards will arrive within 60 days

7/10/10 - Both cards received!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
My dad is so stupid sometimes!

our kitchen sink is clogged and so last night I went and got Drano_Professional_Strength_Kitchen_Crystals-resized200.jpg which specifically says do NOT put more than a tablespoon per application and do a max of two applications in total.

So I did that last night (two applications) cuz it wouldn't budge

well, I go down this morning to see if I can play with it some more and find that my Drano can is EMPTY!!!

My dad put the WHOLE CAN DOWN THE SINK so now, not only is there whatever was clogging it in the first place, there's WHOLE CAN of drano adding to the clog

Ok I have this problem too Liz. My sink has been clogged for months in the bathroom. I have even taken an old toothbrush of my son's(cause its tiny) and triedshoving it down there to get whatever it is out. Well it dont work, so don't ever anyone try this. I didnt get it stuck there. I haven tried all kinda of drain cleaners and nothing works. Anyone know of anything else? I bought 1 of those toilet snake thingys, but its a bathroom sink thats clogged and the snake doesnt fit down there.

Mary

Try filling the sink and then using the plunger on the drain hole. Sometimes the back pressure is enough to loosen whatever is there

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Fair weather friends are all around....even family can disappoint and annoy at times. Just remember that in crazy land there are no rules......

03-30-07 I-129F Mailed

04-09-07 NOA 1

07-27-07 Touched

07-28-07 Received NOA2 approval email

08-06-07 Received letter from NVC

08-20-07 Fiance received Packet 3

08-22-07 Packet 3 sent to Montreal

09-17-07 Emailed Montreal to confirm forms were received

09-18-07 Received email form Montreal with interview date - November 7!!!!

09-19-07 Medical

09-24-07 Received Packet 4

11-07-07 Interview- Approved!!

11-13-07 Received Visa

11-15-07 Dale missed flight to TN due to Customs! :0

11-16-07 Dale flys to TN (take two)

11-30-07 Received SSN

12-08-07 Married

12-23-07 Mailed AOS Package

01-05-08 NOA 1 for AOS

01-17-08 Obtained Tennessee Drivers License

01-18-08 Biometrics for AOS

01-22-08 Notice of AOS transfer to California Service Center

02-20-08 EAD Approved

03-10-08 AOS approved..Welcome to the USA letter received

Filed: Timeline
I totally agree. A BBF is supposed to be there no matter what. Other things can wait. Don't ever start letting people walk all over you(so to speak) cause they'll continue to do it. I learned the hard way with that one.

Mary

Speaking of BFF's.... I miss mine. Just talked to Sarah (Edmonton) and Brenda (Regina) and Carla (Mexico City) on the phone about my bro's baby and I kid you not, I miss those incoherent irreverent b!tches.... :crying::crying::crying:

I hate packing!!

Is it bad that I haven't really started yet aside from a heap of clothes I have "sorted" on the floor?

I think I started two or three months in advance... sold all the stuff I didn't want to lug across the continent and anything that Bee already had here, got rid of my old clothes, etc. Everything else I left until the very last minute when I realised that I needed to take the time to pack and wrap all my fragiles and ensure it was safe for transporting!

Funny that my computer was the only thing that the UPS guy packed and that was the only thing that got wrecked in the move. :whistle:

My friend posted a picture on his Flickr site today, showing the falling leaves in Vancouver... damn I am so wretchedly homesick right now. :(

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

I hate packing!!

Is it bad that I haven't really started yet aside from a heap of clothes I have "sorted" on the floor?

I think I started two or three months in advance... sold all the stuff I didn't want to lug across the continent and anything that Bee already had here, got rid of my old clothes, etc. Everything else I left until the very last minute when I realised that I needed to take the time to pack and wrap all my fragiles and ensure it was safe for transporting!

Funny that my computer was the only thing that the UPS guy packed and that was the only thing that got wrecked in the move. :whistle:

My friend posted a picture on his Flickr site today, showing the falling leaves in Vancouver... damn I am so wretchedly homesick right now. :(

At least Vancouver stays green all year round...and the flowers! Wow, mind-blowing.

Here in Wintery Montreal, everything is turning a brownish grey.

I "moved" back a few months ago from 13 years in BC...homesick is not the word.

Part of my heart stayed there.

Oh the ocean...the mountains...mmmm...

Hang in there...and then go for a long visit.

I have tones of photos from there as recent as August.

Would you like some more? :whistle:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Timeline

I HATE DELL!!!

HATE THEM HATE THEM HATE THEM!!!!!!

Or rather should i say incompetent workers who cannot get their SHIET together..

I AM SO MAD I COULD SPIT RIGHT NOW

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

I HATE DELL!!!

HATE THEM HATE THEM HATE THEM!!!!!!

Or rather should i say incompetent workers who cannot get their SHIET together..

I AM SO MAD I COULD SPIT RIGHT NOW

Yes, dear one, Dell sucks.

Do yourself a huge favour and join us newly reformed PC users:

BUY A SEXY MAC.

End of problems.

I promise.

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

I built my PC, but I'd give my left arm for a MacBook Pro. My in-laws have three between both of them and their little daughter. :D

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Timeline

Sara has a Macbook, it's great. My friend has a Macbook pro, loves it.

I dunno I am so used to PCs I am afraid to go Mac. Don't think I ever will.

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Sara has a Macbook, it's great. My friend has a Macbook pro, loves it.

I dunno I am so used to PCs I am afraid to go Mac. Don't think I ever will.

My Husband built this one, I like our PCs. I don't think I want a Mac. I think they are nice though, from what little I know of them.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I was never a big Dell fan, but got a Desktop for xmas last yr and so far soo good. My inlaws all swear by Dell.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.