Cassie

Stop stop stop stop saying this word!!!!!

165 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
This is very true! but to walk thru life trying not to offend someone is utterly lame, it cant be done.

Very true, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't think before you speak. I would never call a mentally handicapped kid retarded, nor would I call a guy in a wheelchair a gimp. I think there are things that offend everyone, and you should try and be sensitive with what you say.

I try to be sensitive on this forum because this isn't quite like the rest of the internet. Everyone is gathered here for a common purpose, and hearing kind words from others have brought a little sunshine to my rainy days.

Sometime in April: Mailed I129F to USCIS

5/31/2007 ~ NAO1 (online)

9/6/2007 ~ Touch (used RFE trick)

9/24/2007 ~ NAO2 (online and email)

9/25/2007 ~ Touch

9/27/2007 ~ NAO2 (hardcopy received)

10/22/2007 ~ Case received at NVC

10/24/2007 ~ Case forwarded to Japanese embassy!

11/2/2007 ~ Sayaka receives Packet 3!!!

12/3/2007 ~ Interview and approval

12/5/2007 ~ Visa came in the mail

1/12/2008 ~ Sayaka's flight arrives in the US!!!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tolerant (adj) showing respect for the rights or opinions or practices of others

or

tolerance (noun)

1. a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward those whose opinions, practices, race, religion, nationality, etc., differ from one's own; freedom from bigotry.

2. a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward opinions and practices that differ from one's own.

3. interest in and concern for ideas, opinions, practices, etc., foreign to one's own; a liberal, undogmatic viewpoint.

4. the act or capacity of enduring; endurance: My tolerance of noise is limited.

If being "tolerant" in your eyes makes me a "leftist being held back by political correctness" I'd have to say you're full of poop. Tolerance works right in with my personal Christian beliefs too.

My panties aren't in a wad, but I had to point out that "tolerance" isn't a bad thing.

This is very true! but to walk thru life trying not to offend someone is utterly lame, it cant be done.

Agreed. In trying not to offend, we will surely offend someone anyway. No matter what.

This thread is nothing but tight panties ,for sure!

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

[This thread is nothing but tight panties ,for sure!

only tight ? :lol:

Too tight and someone told them they were on backwards. Now theres a double pissoff.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

― Andrew Wilkow

Too tight and someone told them they were on backwards. Now theres a double pissoff.

Sure they are not twisted ... and in a bunch too ?

I guess youd have to talk to the owner.

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Sure they are not twisted ... and in a bunch too ?

I guess youd have to talk to the owner.

Ouch ... that could be dangerous

Very true, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't think before you speak. I would never call a mentally handicapped kid retarded, nor would I call a guy in a wheelchair a gimp. I think there are things that offend everyone, and you should try and be sensitive with what you say.

I try to be sensitive on this forum because this isn't quite like the rest of the internet. Everyone is gathered here for a common purpose, and hearing kind words from others have brought a little sunshine to my rainy days.

Aaron, Im very sensitive! Hyper sensitivity,such as posting "I dont like a certain word" is utter non-sense. Trying to be sensitive to this kind of thing, has to be called out.

For Cassie to post this, just means she lacks attention thats all (gonna catch hell I'm sure) "I dont like" applies to alot of things.

Trying to please everyone is crazy! Be yourself and except the consequence.

Looking for a "TRUE" friend, on a forum is at best a fantacy.

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
Aaron, Im very sensitive! Hyper sensitivity,such as posting "I dont like a certain word" is utter non-sense. Trying to be sensitive to this kind of thing, has to be called out.

For Cassie to post this, just means she lacks attention thats all (gonna catch hell I'm sure) "I dont like" applies to alot of things.

(I'm not Aaron, but I'll butt my nose in here)

I don't know, Marc, you and I have gone around in disagreements a couple of times, yet we've managed to agree not once, but twice tonight. (Full moon?)

I see your point, but I also see the point that we can still be considerate or tolerant (giggle) of each other here, which I think was Aaron's point (and here I go assuming again).

Oh, and HEY! I met my future husband in an online forum, so I guess my fantasy came true :)

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

"I dont like" ...

Being away from my wife ....

Missing her every day ...

Oh sorry ... back to topic ... :blush:

I don't know, Marc, you and I have gone around in disagreements a couple of times, yet we've managed to agree not once, but twice tonight. (Full moon?)

I see your point, but I also see the point that we can still be considerate or tolerant (giggle) of each other here, which I think was Aaron's point (and here I go assuming again).

Oh, and HEY! I met my future husband in an online forum, so I guess my fantasy came true :)

I am a pretty popular guy to dislike. I just say whats on my mind, not caring much for how people accept it. What is truly funny, is that the people who preach love and understanding are the ones that show the most hate. I guess hate is okay when the majority approves. Its so typical! Friends are life long, and dont come from a simple conversation.

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I am a pretty popular guy to dislike. I just say whats on my mind, not caring much for how people accept it. What is truly funny, is that the people who preach love and understanding are the ones that show the most hate. I guess hate is okay when the majority approves. Its so typical! Friends are life long, and dont come from a simple conversation.

Just because I'm in a mood of piss and vinegar....

I agree with most of what you say (except that you are popular to dislike) (no, that's actually pretty true on here, but I respect that you speak your mind) (and you are fun to argue with sometimes)

ANYWAY, piss and vinegar...friends _can_ come from a simple conversation.

But I don't think hate is ever ok, majority rule or no.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Just because I'm in a mood of piss and vinegar....

I agree with most of what you say (except that you are popular to dislike) (no, that's actually pretty true on here, but I respect that you speak your mind) (and you are fun to argue with sometimes)

ANYWAY, piss and vinegar...friends _can_ come from a simple conversation.

But I don't think hate is ever ok, majority rule or no.

Staying "TRUE" to yourself is always the best policy. Having a bad argument with a "FRIEND" and the friend picks you up the next day, means you have one.

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

You obviously don't know Cassie well at all. She is not one to post just for attention, unlike some others here. :whistle: So yeah you do get some heck from me, b/c I won't let an insult towards Cassie from someone who gets himself into plenty of heated arguments defending what he believes(politics) go uncommented. Anyway, all people have to do is look at the track record of posters if they really want to know how a poster is or isn't. No need to insult the OP just b/c you disagree.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord