sanderscn

Unble to attend Interview

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi,

I have got to the stage where I have undertaken my medical and I was sent an appointment of my interview at the embassy. I was unable to attend my interview becasue I was out of the country on a work trip. Also my interveiw was scheduled for October and I would be unable to travel to the US until the summer. I read that after the issuing of the green card, I have to travel to the US within 6 months.

I wrote a letter saying that I was unable to attend, but I have had no repsponse. Is there any way I can get confirmation that they received my letter? Also is there anyway way to try and scheduale my interview for a time suitable for me?

Any help would be appreciated.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

call the embassy and they will tell you what you need to know.

I-129F Sent .......... 2007-05-29 toNSC, then forwarded to CSC

I-129F NOA1 ........ 2007-06-15

I-129F RFE(s) ........ 2007-10-18 (very bad day, yak)

RFE Reply(s) ......... 2007-11-06

Touch.................... 2007-11-07

Touch.................... 2007-11-09

Denied 2007-12-14 because of missing divorce paper. Lawyer swears she sent it and we will file motion to reopen file ...how long?

Filed motion to reopen file a week later

Approved 2008-01-12

Interview at Embassy in Bucharest 2008-03-14 - Approved!!!!!!!!

Entry in the USA 2008-05-01

Married 2008-06-21 (hubby almost broke his ankle and a black bird hit our windshield while driving to the courthouse hahah!

Filed for AOS 2008-07-02

Green card received w/o interview on 2008-12-09

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It is my perception that if you miss the interview, they consider your petition abandoned and you would need to refile and start from scratch.

If I'm wrong (and for your benefit I hope I am) I hope someone will correct me.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

No, it's not abandoned, but it's sure frowned upon. Someone else could have used that interview time and they won't make it easy to reschedule. At any rate, the embassy doesn't schedule to your convenience but rather theirs. You're probably going to need to try to reschedule your personal appointments to make the next interview they give you.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

I would email the embassy to find out where you stand. Did you ask them to reschedule your appointment or just tell them that you would not be going?

k37hm7.png

03-06-10 Mailed N-400

03-17-10 Check cashed

03-19-10 NOA received

03-22-10 Biometrics sent

04-09-10 Biometrics appointment

06-14-10 Interview Date

06-22-10 Received letter for Oath

07-02-10 Oath ceremony

My husband was out of the country when his 1st interview was scheduled (Nov 3rd, 2004) and we simply wrote in (and called) and requested a new date... They obliged and gave us Nov 30, 2005. No problems whatsoever. London is a much more "catering" type of consulate, so I think asking for a change in date wouldn't be a big deal.

I am moving this thread to the Embassy discussion forum.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

Unless I am seriously confused, the OP will not be getting a greencard from the Consulate, either. The Consulate (hopefully) will issue a visa.

Many thanks to the Visajourney community for all the help!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi,

I have got to the stage where I have undertaken my medical and I was sent an appointment of my interview at the embassy. I was unable to attend my interview becasue I was out of the country on a work trip. Also my interveiw was scheduled for October and I would be unable to travel to the US until the summer. I read that after the issuing of the green card, I have to travel to the US within 6 months.

I wrote a letter saying that I was unable to attend, but I have had no repsponse. Is there any way I can get confirmation that they received my letter? Also is there anyway way to try and scheduale my interview for a time suitable for me?

Any help would be appreciated.

Did you notify the Consulate in advance, that you were unable to attend? Did you request they reschedule? What visa category?

Consulates don't issue green cards. They issue visas. Except for K3, yes you must use the visa to enter the US within 6 months of issue.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I would have let them know in advance to avoid problems, I'd contact them asap and figure out what they'll do with our case, I also wouldn't miss a second interview, by all costs.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Country: Bolivia
Timeline

I think it all depends on the embassy but petitions are not always abandoned. My fiance missed the first interview and all I had to do was send a letter that said I wished to proceed. Six months after the initial interview. Of course, I'm still waiting to hear if the visa was approved so it's probably best to let them know ahead of time.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I wrote a letter to inform them well in advance that I was unable to attend. But I have not heard anything back from them. What is the best way to contact them to find out if they received my letter?

Did you ask to reschedule or just tell them you were unable to attend? Depending on the answer, you might want to see if there is a gushing and painfull bullet hole in one of your feet.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Where can I find the email for the US embassy in London?

LondonConsular@state.gov

k37hm7.png

03-06-10 Mailed N-400

03-17-10 Check cashed

03-19-10 NOA received

03-22-10 Biometrics sent

04-09-10 Biometrics appointment

06-14-10 Interview Date

06-22-10 Received letter for Oath

07-02-10 Oath ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.