Sand

To Russa's Ppl

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi guys, i really always thinking to visit Russa and Ukraine, maybe not now but someday god willin, so but i have no idea about the people and the cultures and the weather and the Food and if it expensive to Visit for a week or 2 weeks .. what about the Hotels ? and which a best place to visit ? and it's easy fro me to get a visitor visa from USA to there? and do u have any idea how much the Fees?

any informations ?

thanks alot.

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ukraine:

If you are a USC then no visa required to visit Ukraine for 90 days. If staying in one location then the preferred method of housing is private apartment versus hotel. Expensive is a relative term... You will see disparity between the capital and major metropolitan cities (such as Kiev or Odessa) and/or tourist locations in Crimea (Yalta, Sevastopol) versus other smaller cities located around the country

YMMV

Timeline
Ukraine:

If you are a USC then no visa required to visit Ukraine for 90 days. If staying in one location then the preferred method of housing is private apartment versus hotel. Expensive is a relative term... You will see disparity between the capital and major metropolitan cities (such as Kiev or Odessa) and/or tourist locations in Crimea (Yalta, Sevastopol) versus other smaller cities located around the country

you dint tell me more about the life and ppl and food? by the way i am not a usc.

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

Game Over.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Visa is required for USC to visit Russia.

Russian Embassy Link

I found it very cheap to visit Taganrog, near Rostov-On-Don, 500 miles south of Moscow. I hear that Moscow is very expensive. Draw your own conclusions. I rented an apartment which was expensive due to the agency I rented it through but food was very cheap and a 5 course gourmet dinner for 5 (with drinks) set me back all of $130 USD. This was easily a $600 - $1000 USD meal in the States.

Trip of a lifetime!!! Loved it. People were great and very friendly and interested in learning about our culture. I have no idea what visa requirements are for a Kuwaiti Citizen but the Embassy Link should answer your questions.

Edited by NavarreMan

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!

Timeline

Since I don't want to guess what your citizenship status is then I suggest you use a tool such as this

Visa requirements

to determine the visa needs for your situation... then look at the consulate website for Ukraine or Russia located in your country of residence for more information.

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Filed: Timeline
you dint tell me more about the life and ppl and food? by the way i am not a usc.

You'll find the food in Russia is typically heavy. They use a lot of meats, potatoes, broths, etc., but they don't use a lot of spices. Bread is served with every meal, and in fact there's not really a distinction made between breakfast type foods and dinner type foods.

When you first enter Russia, you'll think them rude and disorganized. You'll eventually discover they're just disorganized. :) As you get out of the city you will find your typical Russian is friendly and curious. Their reaction to you will depend on how you initially treat them. A smile and a little humility will make you friends for life. Impatience will get you nowhere. Learning a little Russian, even if you mangle the pronunciation, will break the ice faster than just about anything else.

If you go to Russia, spend as little time in Moscow as you can. There is a saying that you have to leave Moscow to see Russia and I think there's a lot of truth to that. You'll also find that the culture varies quite a bit from place to place. The Mari El republic, for instance, is very different in culture and attitudes than Tatarstan, and yet they border each other.

Russia is so large and diverse that it's hard to generalize. I would recommend getting a couple travel books, doing some internet searches, and then deciding what area of the country sounds the most interesting to you.

Good luck!

Timeline

Thank you guys, it's very helpfully information, but the thing is i dont speak Russian, i hope they speak English because i dont want to get involved like what happend to me one time in Turkey, no body speak arabic no body speak english lool, i thank god i found one who spoke arabic with me. well so far sound's good, but i wanna insert a good point. would you advise me about things should to stay away from it while i am there? oh by the way, i am so happy they have a bread lol i cant make it without it lool

Thank you

Game Over.

Timeline

You will find it very difficult to navigate outside the airport and/or other tourist friendly areas without any knowledge of Russian.

YMMV

If you are serious about visiting Russia or Ukraine, then invest in an electronic translator. That will make your trip much easier if you don't have an experienced translator working for you.

Regarding visa requirements, check out your country's embassy in that country (Russia or Ukraine) for the specific requirements. I'm sure they have a web site.

The food is really very good and interesting. But then, if you are visiting any country you should try their food with an open mind. They use lots of vegetables, fish, pork, chicken, but not much beef. Exotic seafood like lobster, prawns or crab is available but quite expensive. The local markets also have a wide variety of food and beverages.

The best time to visit depends upon your likes of weather. To see the country late spring to early fall is usually the best time. For you, because of the Kuwait listing I would recommend mid summer.

Timeline

Thank you so much and u got a good point about the electronic translator, this is a very good idea, oh by the way i am not in kuwait i am in the CALIFORNIA-USA,

by i really wanna ask u guys something.

i know Russia and Ukriane, i dont want to say Poor Countries, but let me say lots of poor people living there. how they can Afford all this expensive stuff? that means if i wanna visit for 2 weeks, i will spend 2 thousand dollar for simple things. and maybe i will not be able to buy gifts from that money !!

Edited by Sand

Game Over.

Timeline
i know Russia and Ukriane, i dont want to say Poor Countries, but let me say lots of poor people living there. how they can Afford all this expensive stuff?

If you really believe what you wrote in the above sentence then you do not know anything about these two countries....

YMMV

Timeline

i dint say anything wrong i said lots of poor people there, and everywhere u will find them . but i meant how the can afford this expensive life?

Game Over.

Timeline
i dint say anything wrong i said lots of poor people there, and everywhere u will find them . but i meant how the can afford this expensive life?

So if poor people are everywhere in the world then they do it the same way they do it in the USA or any other country in the world..

YMMV

Timeline

yes but there's so many cheap countries, u have to considerate that.

anyways thank you guys for ur help. i really got my enough.

Edited by Sand

Game Over.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
Thank you so much and u got a good point about the electronic translator, this is a very good idea, oh by the way i am not in kuwait i am in the CALIFORNIA-USA,

by i really wanna ask u guys something.

i know Russia and Ukriane, i dont want to say Poor Countries, but let me say lots of poor people living there. how they can Afford all this expensive stuff? that means if i wanna visit for 2 weeks, i will spend 2 thousand dollar for simple things. and maybe i will not be able to buy gifts from that money !!

Just for your information, Russia has more rich people, especially in Moscow, then most countries. (look on Forbes.com)

When you ask questions about a country where you want to travel, I suggest doing some research. We can answer some specific questions here on the board, but the general description of weather, food, currency, what people look like, what language do they speak and so on you will find on google.com, unlike the slang translations of Russian words.

Good luck,

Mike.

Edited by gogal2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.