To Russa's Ppl

35 posts in this topic

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To the OP,

If you're a non-native speaker of English, you're going to have a very difficult time in Russia. Even being an awesome English speaker (I'm a U.S.C., been speaking English forever!) it was somewhat difficult for me to navigate and a lot of research and planning went in to my trip.

The expenses you're referring to are "foreigner" prices for things. If you travel from outside Russia into Russia and stay for a week or two, you're going to pay several thousand bucks by the time it's all over.

Another aspect that you must consider is being an Arabic speaker, you're going to have certain prejudices against you, and your best option for minimizing difficulty because of this is to book a tour with a tour group or agency that specializes in tours to Russia. Many Russians holiday in Turkey every year. Far fewer Turks holiday in Russia, and almost no Kuwaitis, Saudis, Yemenis, etc., holiday in Russia. There are folks that do, but the numbers are overwhelmingly one-sided. Think about the difficulties you had in Turkey (which is pretty friendly to Arabs and Arab-speakers) and multiply that by the race issue. Not to discourage you though, Russia is actually a pretty diverse place. But, if you're going to holiday for a week or two, you're probably better off booking a tour through a good tour service.

Or, stick around in this forum for a while. If you read enough posts, you should be able to navigate the former Soviet Union with ease!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Thank you so much and u got a good point about the electronic translator, this is a very good idea, oh by the way i am not in kuwait i am in the CALIFORNIA-USA,

by i really wanna ask u guys something.

i know Russia and Ukriane, i dont want to say Poor Countries, but let me say lots of poor people living there. how they can Afford all this expensive stuff? that means if i wanna visit for 2 weeks, i will spend 2 thousand dollar for simple things. and maybe i will not be able to buy gifts from that money !!

It does not matter if you are in California. You said you are not a US citizen. That makes your visit to the FSU contingient upon whatever nationality you are. If we are to believe any part of your profile, you must be a Kuwaiti national with a USC as a beneficiary. Again it does not matter. You will need, in all probability, to contact the Russian Embassy to enquire about travel in their country. Or as was suggested earlier, check out the Delta website. There is a wealth of info there.

You don't want to give the info necessary for informed advice, fine. You will have to learn to live with the speculation of what nationality you are based on the evidence presented. I tried to help. I do not have time for games.

Suspected troll...

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I lived there for a year with my fiancée and can tell you a lot about Russia. My website has a lot of information about Russia and the city of Kazan', but VJ will not allow me to mention it any more. If you PM me, I can! :yes:

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Timeline
I lived there for a year with my fiancée and can tell you a lot about Russia. My website has a lot of information about Russia and the city of Kazan', but VJ will not allow me to mention it any more. If you PM me, I can! :yes:

I love Kazan! I was only there a few weeks, but fell in love with it instantly. In fact the backdrop in my avatar photo is the mosque at the Kremlin. I'd recommend Kazan to anyone wanting to get out of Moscow and see the "real" Russia.

Timeline
Just for your information, Russia has more rich people, especially in Moscow, then most countries. (look on Forbes.com)
They also have the youngest average age for someone to make that list. But that doesn't stop me from posting the obvious that about 25% of the population especially out in the villages lives in poverty. And if you think Moscow and its Oligarchs is representative of Russia as a whole, you really need to ask your fiancée / wife to take you just a few commuter train stops out of Moscow.

As for how do the locals survive? Most haven't left their village. They grow their own fruits and vegetables and subside on a lot of bread and potatoes. I think we already had this discussion in another thread not to long ago.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

well thank you so much guys, but i have an idea what do u think if i go with a group from there ?? i mean a tourist (ic) group!, because i see some posts make me feel i will not make it there lool, does anybody know if there is any tourist (ic) groups go from CALIFORNIA to RUSSIA ? that will be nice, because u right i cant make it if i go by myself i think i will get a hard time finding someone to translate to me what do i want to eat or where to go. this is true. let me add something. i love villages i love green and trees i mean simple life.

Thank You.

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

Timeline
well thank you so much guys, but i have an idea what do u think if i go with a group from there ?? i mean a tourist (ic) group!, because i see some posts make me feel i will not make it there lool, does anybody know if there is any tourist (ic) groups go from CALIFORNIA to RUSSIA ? that will be nice, because u right i cant make it if i go by myself i think i will get a hard time finding someone to translate to me what do i want to eat or where to go. this is true. let me add something. i love villages i love green and trees i mean simple life.

Thank You.

Danikon Tours

142 Charleston Avenue

Staten Island, NY 10309

877 541 6460

718 227 6245

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!

Timeline

Thank you so much, maybe i hire someone of you guys to go with me :lol: :lol: but should to speak Russian LoL

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

Game Over.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
Just for your information, Russia has more rich people, especially in Moscow, then most countries. (look on Forbes.com)
They also have the youngest average age for someone to make that list. But that doesn't stop me from posting the obvious that about 25% of the population especially out in the villages lives in poverty. And if you think Moscow and its Oligarchs is representative of Russia as a whole, you really need to ask your fiancée / wife to take you just a few commuter train stops out of Moscow.

As for how do the locals survive? Most haven't left their village. They grow their own fruits and vegetables and subside on a lot of bread and potatoes. I think we already had this discussion in another thread not to long ago.

I have been in Russia, in the remote regions as well as in the major cities. I lived there for 14 years and have seen my share of riches and poverty. The problem with Russia is that there's no middle class, everyone knows that, and I was referring to the comment that Russia as a country is poor as well as its people. Russia is a diverse country, as all have noted, but this is not a political forum so I'll end it at that.

Mike.

A group tour would be an excellent way to go. You could even find the tours of the museums and scenic places offered in Arabic over a recorded system. Plug in your headphones, and boom!, you've got it all. There were several tour groups while I was there enjoying their tours in their home language.

I don't know a good agency to use, (I did an individual trip) but they are out there. Definitely, you should go some time. It's an awesome place to see!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

the thing i am worried about is the weather i see all the time in the TV lots of snow there and all the time. i cant make it with that snow i am going to enjoy myself not to stay in the hotel with hot tea lool i think in the spring will be much much better, but still i have to bring my winter clothes right? anyways i got a good information from u guys, this is very nice.

and sure i will stop by to let u know about my lil journey :dance: maybe i add some pics :whistle:

Edited by Sand

Game Over.

Timeline
the thing i am worried about is the weather i see all the time in the TV lots of snow there and all the time.

We also have bears walking on the streets and you abslolutely have to have a hunting rifle to scare them off, and you can't move around without a pair of skis, even in July. You also have to drink a lot of vodka all the time - at least five times a day.

I'm sure that being from such a rich and highly developed country as Kuwait, you may find it strange that we still ride horses there and we don't have computers, cars, or television. Be prepared for a culture shock.

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

Timeline
:innocent:

Game Over.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.