w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Is the term "illegal immigrant" a slur?

76 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

my husband had an idea last night that sounds quite appealing. He figures that if all these 11 million illegals are given amnesty and just handed a US citizenship, then all of us who have done immigration the legal way should sue the government for citizenship and refund of our processing fees. Afterall, why the hell should we have spent all that money and stress and time on doing it the legal way, when apparently doing things the illegal way is no longer illegal?

Class action anyone?

My question of course is are all 11 million going to be given amnesty, no matter their background or only a select bunch? Will they also have to go thru the background checks and whatnot as we have all done, or does the US government even care who these people are, other than future voters?

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
Ok....

Driving w/o a license = "undocumented driver"

Robbing a bank = "undocumented withdrawal"

Home invasion = "undocumented guest"

Stowaway = "undocumented passenger"

:thumbs::yes::yes::yes:

At the end of the day and no matter how is is dressed up "illegal" is illegal which means, to my mind, something that is done outstide the laws of that country.

:thumbs::yes::yes::yes:

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Filed: Timeline
my husband had an idea last night that sounds quite appealing. He figures that if all these 11 million illegals are given amnesty and just handed a US citizenship, then all of us who have done immigration the legal way should sue the government for citizenship and refund of our processing fees. Afterall, why the hell should we have spent all that money and stress and time on doing it the legal way, when apparently doing things the illegal way is no longer illegal?

Class action anyone?

My question of course is are all 11 million going to be given amnesty, no matter their background or only a select bunch? Will they also have to go thru the background checks and whatnot as we have all done, or does the US government even care who these people are, other than future voters?

Depends on which bill ends up becomign law. By the Presidents proposal, every illegal who has had a job. By the 'compromise' that ended up going nowhere bill, every illegal whos been here >5 yrs who has had a job.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Other Timeline

how will they know who has had a job if they're undocumented? There'd be no reliable way to trace it back, other than to ask them all "do you have a job?"

Bush should take some pointers from PM Harper. He's turfing out all the illegal Portuguese in Canada. No idea if he's also picking on other nationalities, it seems tho only the Portuguese are in the news.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

how will they know who has had a job if they're undocumented? There'd be no reliable way to trace it back, other than to ask them all "do you have a job?"

Bush should take some pointers from PM Harper. He's turfing out all the illegal Portuguese in Canada. No idea if he's also picking on other nationalities, it seems tho only the Portuguese are in the news.

Maybe Harper doesn't have to deal with an opposition party that wants illegal aliens to have a path to citizenship.

The only difference between Bush and the Democrats is Bush wants to peck them on the a$$, the Dems want to french kiss them right up the crack.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Maybe Harper doesn't have to deal with an opposition party that wants illegal aliens to have a path to citizenship.

The only difference between Bush and the Democrats is Bush wants to peck them on the a$$, the Dems want to french kiss them right up the crack.

Awesome.. so the people that were voted into office, bow to the will of ppl that can't legally vote, and there fore have a voice in our political system.. because they may one day vote.... as in statistical avg of... 55%? yeah, that's pure genious right there.

"BILL N OPUS '08!"

James & Sara - Aug 12, 05

Humanity... destined to pass the baton shortly.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Class action anyone?

I've seen this misunderstanding promoted in the media.. Whatever happens to the illegals here in the US, NO ONE is getting a US passport handed to them.

As it stands now, if you snuck into the US (EWI/Endtered Without Inspection) you are 100% ineligible to Adjust Status.

Some of the solutions offered in Congress include giving EWIs legal status that can lead to Permanent Resident status (they'd go through all the regular checks here, just like we do and this would be AOS) and after 5 years of PR, they could *apply* for citizenship, just like we do.

Reading the paper would lead you to believe that the illegal just has to come out from under his rock and pick up his US passport and join the real world.

Not.

:)

m

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

lol so thats where they live?

:lol:

but yea.. i think there's a lot of 'misunderstandings' concerning the new law

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

This whole discussion is absurd!!!! If someone does something that is illegal then it is right to address it as such... #####-footing around ain't gonna change anything. But I tell you I sure as heck do not understand this - reward those who enter illegally - but punish those who do things by the book; coz this whole process is nothing but hell!!! Politicians need to get real - boot out all who are illegal - be they Europeans (Western or Eastern), Latinos, Asians, Africans, Australians (if have I omitted anyone it is not intentional). Rewarding people for breaking the law is insanity - and then to discuss whether it is right to call someone who has broken the law to enter the country an illegal immigrant is even more ludicrous!!! :wacko:

Paul and I met on the Bazaar on the 14th January (he joined my progressive rock forum that day)

July 3rd he flew to England to meet me

We fell in love while he drove all over the place coz I cannot read maps (we were supposed to go to Ingleton - but touched Darlington 4 times, Pierce Bridge 6 times, Scotch Corner twice and Bernard Castle twice and we never did make it to Ingleton)

It has been so long and so much has happened in between...

Arrived in Houston on October 29th 2006

Married 17th November 2006

Lost my father 8th January 2007 (all dates are a blur after this)

Conditional Green Card dated 24th October 2007

I-751 posted on 6th August 2009

Received on 7th August 2009 in VT

Melo's Prog Bazaar

CTTE

This whole discussion is absurd!!!! If someone does something that is illegal then it is right to address it as such... #####-footing around ain't gonna change anything. But I tell you I sure as heck do not understand this - reward those who enter illegally - but punish those who do things by the book; coz this whole process is nothing but hell!!! Politicians need to get real - boot out all who are illegal - be they Europeans (Western or Eastern), Latinos, Asians, Africans, Australians (if have I omitted anyone it is not intentional). Rewarding people for breaking the law is insanity - and then to discuss whether it is right to call someone who has broken the law to enter the country an illegal immigrant is even more ludicrous!!! :wacko:

BRAVO

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Why Plymouth Rock is not a good example.

Cause there was no INS at the time.

We had way more guns than the Indians.. wanna play cowboys and Mexicans now?

Well I've heard that there are plenty of spots along "our borders" where there is no INS at ANY time. These people are simply coming to "THE NEW WORLD", actually, it's kinda the old world for many of them...

And so to your other "point" that the ends justify the means, then I say this whole argument is moot, cuz the non-native born are gonna take over this continent once again, just like they did lo those many years ago. Those with historical perspective won't be able to keep from laughing at all the bitchin' and moanin' coming from all of those descendants of "illegal immigrants".

-mike

fnord!

"Of COURSE there's no God... there's nothing BUT God!"

"what shall we say, shall we call it by a name? As well as count the angels dancin' on a pin?" -Let it Grow by the Grateful Dead

"Inspiration, move me brightly. Light the song with sense and color--hold away despair... more than this I will not ask, faced with myst'ries dark and vast... statements just seem vain at last... ... ... ... ..."

-another Dead tune-

We f*cking RULE!!! All other K1'rs pale in comparison to our mighty relationship. We will usher in a new era of rock-osity to this faded world. Prepare yourselves for the party. Hope you like tofu and karaoke.

-mike and ize

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Actually Plymouth Rock is an excellent example; the Pilgrims had a patent for Virginia not New England, and they knew that when they settled there. They also knew it was illegal, but they didn't care; so they started an illegal immigrant commune. Similar things can be said about the Puritans who had a patent for the right area but stole it from the office and took it to their colony because they knew the King would be pissed if he ever found out what they really thought. The Indians are not important in this context; they didn't mind the Pilgrims at all for the first few years...

The country was thus started by illegal immigrants and criminals.

:devil:

Permanent Green Card Holder since 2006, considering citizenship application in the future.

Actually Plymouth Rock is an excellent example; the Pilgrims had a patent for Virginia not New England, and they knew that when they settled there. They also knew it was illegal, but they didn't care; so they started an illegal immigrant commune. Similar things can be said about the Puritans who had a patent for the right area but stole it from the office and took it to their colony because they knew the King would be pissed if he ever found out what they really thought. The Indians are not important in this context; they didn't mind the Pilgrims at all for the first few years...

left out failures and chopf##ks..

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

left out failures and chopf##ks..

Yep.... I come from a well n good distributed family stock :P

James & Sara - Aug 12, 05

Humanity... destined to pass the baton shortly.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I am glad my wife has a visa and her "green card"--therefore she will never be labeled as "Legally-Challenged person of an Alternative Nationality."

squsquard20060929_-8_HJ%20is.png

dev216brs__.png

In accordance with Georgia law, "The Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act," I am required to display the following in any and all languages that I may give immigration related advise:

'I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW AND MAY NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE OR ACCEPT FEES FOR LEGAL ADVICE.'

"NO SOY ABOGADO LICENCIADO PRACTICAR LEY Y NO PUEDO DOY ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO O ACEPTO LOS HONORARIOS PARA El ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO."

hillarymug-tn.jpghillarypin-rwbt.jpgballoons-tn.jpg