KateandNik

Finally filing!!

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Macedonia
Timeline

Hey Everyone! As the subject states, I'm going to mail my application tomorrow and I just wanted to double check and make sure I have everything I need... As you all know, this is very stressful!!! :)

Ok, so here goes...

• Check for 455.00$
  • Cover letter stating the contents of the packet and what the submission is for
  • I-129F form (signed and dated, quadruple checked for accuracy)
  • Supplement to I-129F for question #18 (labeled with question #, question, signed and dated)
  • Copy of USC Passport to show citizenship
  • Letter of intent to marry from me and my fiance (signed and dated)
  • G-325A (all 4 sheets) and supplement for USC (signed and dated)
  • 2 passport style photos for USC (labeled on the back with my name) in plastic baggie labeled "Photo of *name*" stapled to a piece of paper tabbed "Photo of USC"
  • G-325A for beneficiary and 2 passport style photos (same as for USC)
  • Evidence of Meeting:
  • Copy of USC passport with entry and exit stamps labeled with little post-it flags
  • Internet trip itinerary, copies of flight tickets before use, copies of boarding pass stubs and baggage claim tickets for flight
  • Certificate from the police depeartment in Macedonia stating I stayed at my fiance's address from MM/DD/YY to MM/DD/YY
  • Receipts from ATM withdrawals, purchases, and bank statements from a credit card showing purchases in Macedonia
  • Train tickets for both of us for a day trip to a different city
  • Additional "for good measure" information:
  • Screenshots from email lists showing dates of messages both from USC and beneficiary
  • Telephone call log
  • Flight Itinerary for future trip to Macedonia for December/January
  • 8 Pictures of us with his family and in front of various landmarks (the American Embassy in Skopje, etc.)

Ok, what do you guys think? Did I forget something? Should I take out something? All opinions appreciated!!! :)

God Bless,

Kate

[font="Tahoma"][color="#9932CC"]10/01/2007 Sent I-129F
10/02/2007 @10:55am Arrived CSC
10/30/2007 NOA1 issued
11/01/2007 Touched
11/05/2007 Check cashed and paper NOA1 received
11/11/2007 Touched![/color][/font]

Filed: Timeline
Hey Everyone! As the subject states, I'm going to mail my application tomorrow and I just wanted to double check and make sure I have everything I need... As you all know, this is very stressful!!! :)

Ok, so here goes...

Ok, what do you guys think? Did I forget something? Should I take out something? All opinions appreciated!!! :)

God Bless,

Kate

Looks good to me! I don't see anything you left out, and I certainly wouldn't take anything out. Since it's Sunday and the post office is closed anyway, I'd walk away from it for half the day, then come back and go over the checklist from the K-1 guide one more time. Look over your signature blocks, make sure you signed and dated the check correctly with the right amount, and just generally give it one final going over. Try to look at it like someone who's never seen it is going to look at it. After that, seal it up and breathe a sigh of relief. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Ok, so here goes...

• Check for 455.00$
  • Cover letter stating the contents of the packet and what the submission is for
  • Supplement to I-129F for question #18 (labeled with question #, question, signed and dated)
  • 2 passport style photos for USC (labeled on the back with my name) in plastic baggie labeled "Photo of *name*" stapled to a piece of paper tabbed "Photo of USC"
  • Evidence of Meeting:
  • Copy of USC passport with entry and exit stamps labeled with little post-it flags
  • Internet trip itinerary, copies of flight tickets before use, copies of boarding pass stubs and baggage claim tickets for flight
  • Certificate from the police depeartment in Macedonia stating I stayed at my fiance's address from MM/DD/YY to MM/DD/YY
  • Receipts from ATM withdrawals, purchases, and bank statements from a credit card showing purchases in Macedonia
  • Screenshots from email lists showing dates of messages both from USC and beneficiary
  • Telephone call log
  • 8 Pictures of us with his family and in front of various landmarks (the American Embassy in Skopje, etc.)

God Bless,

Kate

Not sure if u listed this...but dont forget copy of Birth Certificates!!

AOS -K2 Based for 8 year old daughter...wife already has green card in hand and daughter was brought over via join to follow - K1.

11/04/08 - I485 sent

11/10/08 - NOA rcd

11/26/08 - Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok, so here goes...

• Check for 455.00$
  • Evidence of Meeting:
  • Telephone call log

God Bless,

Kate

Have you identified (by name) the people in the pics?

Have you explained how you met thoroughly so the beaurecrats can understand? (I don't recall if this is Q#18)

Did you make copy of ALL pages of US Passport (vice just "important" ones)?

Have you made EXACT copies of the package as you will send it to the USCIS (I made 3).

Some of these are picky, but they are things that I went back and brushed up on, because when I looked at my pkg a second time I thought I should. A recommendation about sending the material is to send it both registered and return-receipt requested. Unless you send it "Express Mail" which accomplishes the same thing. The point is to make sure that you get back documented confirmation from Post Office that they delivered to USCIS. With the delays that are happening in processing NOA1s, it seems this is critical these days so that you can relax a little knowing that its "in the building" even if you don't get confirmation from USCIS about this.

Also, you mentioned "check" but just to be clear, is this a personal check that you can tell (from your bank) when its been cleared? This is another item that people have had problems with on the Forum. They send money orders that can't be tracked, so they get no confirmation from USCIS until they receive NOA1. Its not mandatory, just helps the stress level, I think.

With the copies, I made multiple and sent one off (immediately) to honey ko so that she'd be able to see what it looks like. Of course, its subject to RFE (none yet) and she will need originals of all materials when she goes for interview. But it helped us during our discussions about what's going on and at times when she had to deal with situations regarding her kids.

K1 Visa Process
USPS Express Mail I-129F Package sent to USCIS VT Service Center 07/05/07
NOA-1 Received: Notice Date 07/11/07
NOA-2 Received: Notice Date 11/20/07
Medical conducted 12/21, 26, 28/07, 01/02/08
USEM Interview conducted 01/04/08
Visas picked up at USEM (request non-delivery) 01/08/08
Family (Mom & kids) arrive Washington, DC 01/13/08

AOS Process
USPS Priority Mail package to USCIS Chicago Lockbox 03/14/08
Arrived Chicago Lockbox 03/16/08
Checks Cashed for AOS fees 04/24/08
NOA1s received 04/25/08
Biometrics (spouse & 3 kids) 05/14/08
AOS transferred to CSC 05/23/08

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

you dont need birth certificates at this stage if you have the usc passport copied in there somewhere

looks all good to me...im so glad we got ours done when it was only $150 or so!

June 20th 2007.....I-129f Sent to CSC!

July 7th 2007....NOA1

November 8th....NOA2

December 8th.....Packet 3 Received (Sent back 10th)

January 8th.....Packet 4 Received

January 16th.....Interview in London

January 20th....Flight to AZ via JFK, received temp EAD

February 29th...Civil Ceremony

March 10th...I485, I765 & I131 sent to Chicago

March 22nd....Received NOA for I485, I131 & I765 (All dated March 18th)

March 24th....Received Biometrics Appointment Letter (dated March 20th)

April 7th...Request for Initial Evidence for I485 (Received in MO on the 10th)

April 9th....Biometrics Appointment

May 30th...EAD Card Production Ordered and AP Approved

June 7th....Wedding!!

June 13th...EAD Card & AP in hand

September 22nd...AOS Interview - APPROVED!

Nov 21st...Card Production Ordered!

Nov 22nd...Welcome to America Letter Received

Nov 29th 2008...Green Card Received!!!

Aug 20th 2010...Mailed I-751 to CSC

Aug 23rd...Check Cashed

Good luck

k37hm7.png

03-06-10 Mailed N-400

03-17-10 Check cashed

03-19-10 NOA received

03-22-10 Biometrics sent

04-09-10 Biometrics appointment

06-14-10 Interview Date

06-22-10 Received letter for Oath

07-02-10 Oath ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
you dont need birth certificates at this stage if you have the usc passport copied in there somewhere

looks all good to me...im so glad we got ours done when it was only $150 or so!

just make sure the passport is copied completly and has 5 years of validity.

AOS -K2 Based for 8 year old daughter...wife already has green card in hand and daughter was brought over via join to follow - K1.

11/04/08 - I485 sent

11/10/08 - NOA rcd

11/26/08 - Biometrics

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Ok, so here goes...

• Check for 455.00$
  • Evidence of Meeting:
  • Telephone call log

God Bless,

Kate

Have you explained how you met thoroughly so the beaurecrats can understand? (I don't recall if this is Q#18)

Have you made EXACT copies of the package as you will send it to the USCIS (I made 3).

Some of these are picky, but they are things that I went back and brushed up on, because when I looked at my pkg a second time I thought I should. A recommendation about sending the material is to send it both registered and return-receipt requested. Unless you send it "Express Mail" which accomplishes the same thing. The point is to make sure that you get back documented confirmation from Post Office that they delivered to USCIS. With the delays that are happening in processing NOA1s, it seems this is critical these days so that you can relax a little knowing that its "in the building" even if you don't get confirmation from USCIS about this.

Also, you mentioned "check" but just to be clear, is this a personal check that you can tell (from your bank) when its been cleared? This is another item that people have had problems with on the Forum. They send money orders that can't be tracked, so they get no confirmation from USCIS until they receive NOA1. Its not mandatory, just helps the stress level, I think.

With the copies, I made multiple and sent one off (immediately) to honey ko so that she'd be able to see what it looks like. Of course, its subject to RFE (none yet) and she will need originals of all materials when she goes for interview. But it helped us during our discussions about what's going on and at times when she had to deal with situations regarding her kids.

Does the USC really need to copy ALL pages of the passport at this stage? I thought just the page with the entry stamp to his fiancee's country or the third country is required.

My fiance is about to send off the petition now and I thought we only need one passport style photograph for each of us instead of two? Okay now I am confused.

Cheers.... :wacko:

“You need to be aware of what others are doing, applaud their efforts, acknowledge their successes, and encourage them in their pursuits. When we all help one another, everybody wins.” - Jim Stovall -

Our Journey

2008-08-15 .......... Married on K-1!!!!

2009-08-28 .......... Sent AOS (I-485 and I-765) Application to Chicago

2009-09-11 .......... NOA 1 for I-485 and I-765

2009-09-25 .......... Biometrics Appointment in Charlotte, NC (walk-in)

2009-10-08 .......... EAD Approved (CRIS update)

2009-10-08 .......... I-485 Touched, I-485 Case transferred to CSC (CRIS update)

2009-10-09 .......... Biometrics Appointment #2 in Charlotte, NC (walk-in)

2009-10-15 .......... I-485 Case transferred to USCIS office

2009-10-16 .......... I-485 Touched, EAD card arrived in the mail

2009-10-19 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-04 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-05 .......... I-485 RFE (CRIS update)

2009-11-06 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-10 .......... RFE arrived in the mail

2009-11-12 .......... RFE response sent back to CSC

2009-11-17 .......... RFE Received at CSC (CRIS update)

2009-11-18 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-23 .......... I-485 Notice that new permanent resident status has been registered

2009-11-24 .......... I-485 Card production ordered

2009-11-25 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-30 .......... I-485 Approval Notice sent, Permanent Resident Card in the mail!!!

Timeline
Does the USC really need to copy ALL pages of the passport at this stage? I thought just the page with the entry stamp to his fiancee's country or the third country is required.

My fiance is about to send off the petition now and I thought we only need one passport style photograph for each of us instead of two? Okay now I am confused.

I just went by the guides here on the forum and the written instructions in the packet... along with whatever I could scrounge up from the Federal Codes... When there was discrepancy or something left up to interpretation I went with the more conservative of the two.

About the copy of ALL pages of the USC passport... I'm using it as proof that I am a citizen of the United States. If you send in your birth certificate to cover that part then you don't need to send in all pages. (Although, I am sending in all pages for the entry and exit stamps too.. overkill probably, but the individual pages don't say that much in my opinion.)

I'm not sure where I read that I needed 2 passport style pictures because here in the guides and in the instructions for the I-129F it says only "a" photo a piece is needed... But I'm almost positive I read it somewhere, so I'm going to keep it at two.

As for the other stuff... Yes, I have ALL pages of my passport, twice. :) I'm going now to make copies of the thing. One each for me and my fiance as is and then 2 more black and white for good measure. I've labeled the pictures with names as best as I can... some say "Nik's aunt" or "Nik's cousin" etc. I'm using a personal check for 455.00$ with today's date. (The check part was the most nerve wracking for some reason...)

And about mailing... I was going to Express mail it overnight so it would be there Tuesday morning. The USPS makes me nervous too... If I were richer I would fly to Cali and hand deliver it...

Anyway, thanks for all the feedback guys!!! I've been over this like 50 times! I actually finished on Saturday, but have taken the weekend to re-check everything... Gah! So stressful!!! :)

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Kate (I just now pushed the "show all" button on the smileys... cute stuff!)

10/30/2007 NOA1 issued
11/01/2007 Touched

Timeline

I just checked to make sure and here is what I found on Page 2 of I-129F instructions.

3. What Documents Do You Need to Show That YouAre a U.S. Citizen?

A. If you were born in the United States, give USCIS acopy, front and back, of your birth certificate.

B. If you were naturalized, give USCIS a copy, front andback, of your original Certificate of Naturalization.

C. If you were born outside the United States and you area U.S. citizen through your parents, give USCIS:

1. Your original Certificate of Citizenship, or

2. Your Form FS-240 (Report of Birth Abroad of aUnited States Citizen).

D. In place of any of the above, you may give USCIS acopy of your valid, unexpired U.S. passport issued with a validity period of at least five years. You must submit copies of all pages in the passport.

Maybe its just me, but when they say "all pages in the passport" I send them "all pages in the passport". Even the blank ones. It seemed dopey, but I'd rather give them more than to slow things down with an RFE.

Edited by rouguewave

K1 Visa Process

AOS Process
NOA1s received 04/25/08

Ok, so here goes...

• Check for 455.00$
  • Evidence of Meeting:
  • Telephone call log

God Bless,

Kate

Here is what it says in our starter kit from our immigration lawyer about the passport and passport type photographs:

"You must send us a photocopy of several pages of your passport:

page 1 (showing your signature), page 2 (showing your photo and

citizenship data), and the page(s) where your passport was stamped upon

entering USA (and any other country where you have met Laura)."

"You and Laura must each take passport type photographs for

submission with the USCIS petition.

We recommend that Laura find a local professional company to take the

pictures. We need two photographs from you and two from Laura for the

USCIS petition."

Congratulations and Good Luck!!!!

~Laura

Edited by LauraLee

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Timeline
I'm not sure where I read that I needed 2 passport style pictures because here in the guides and in the instructions for the I-129F it says only "a" photo a piece is needed... But I'm almost positive I read it somewhere, so I'm going to keep it at two.

As for the other stuff... Yes, I have ALL pages of my passport, twice. :) I'm going now to make copies of the thing. One each for me and my fiance as is and then 2 more black and white for good measure. I've labeled the pictures with names as best as I can... some say "Nik's aunt" or "Nik's cousin" etc. I'm using a personal check for 455.00$ with today's date. (The check part was the most nerve wracking for some reason...)

Instructions ask for "a" photo of petitioner and "a" photo of benefitiary, then later refers to them collectively as "photos". It threw me for a while until I realized they were just combining them in later references (Sheesh!). I think I might have sent them 2 of each just because I had them.

Check part was nerve wracking for me too, but I know why. I've been doing electronic banking for years so I didn't have any checks. :lol: When I started reading up on this and thinking it through, I knew that I wanted traceability through my own bank (as explained before). So, I ordered checks (smallest amount) and now they are on the shelf where they will gather dust or I lose them. :o

K1 Visa Process

AOS Process
NOA1s received 04/25/08

Timeline

Here is what it says in our starter kit from our immigration lawyer about the passport and passport type photographs:

"You must send us a photocopy of several pages of your passport:

page 1 (showing your signature), page 2 (showing your photo and

citizenship data), and the page(s) where your passport was stamped upon

entering USA (and any other country where you have met Laura)."

"You and Laura must each take passport type photographs for

submission with the USCIS petition.

We recommend that Laura find a local professional company to take the

pictures. We need two photographs from you and two from Laura for the

USCIS petition."

Congratulations and Good Luck!!!!

~Laura

Your lawyer is right if you are also sending in the USC's birth certificate to prove citizenship. If you do not include the USC's birth certificate (as in my case) then you MUST send in ALL pages of the USC's passport. This copy of the USC passport is totally separate from any information sent in as part of evidence of meeting within the past 2 years. To send in the I-129F (and this is just from my own knowledge and I will stand corrected if wrong) you need several things...

1.) To be a U.S. Citizen

2.) To have a fiance(e)

3.) To have met said fiance(e) in the past 2 years.

I used my passport twice, once to prove #1 and once to help prove #3. Some people use their birth cert to prove #1 and then their passport entry and exit stamps to help prove #3 and therefore do not need to send ALL pages of their passport.

On a different note... Kinko's is expensive... I should have just invested in a scanner!!! Probably would have been cheaper! But, can you really put a price on love?

They should make a Mastercard commercial about this process...

$79.82 for copy fees at Kinkos... $455.00 in filing fees for I-129F... $100.00 medical exam fee for fiance... $4000.00 for plane tickets to visit said fiance... The cost of kissing your loved one before going to bed each night... priceless.

I know I'm missing some fees in there, but you get the picture. It could flash to different clips. Standing in line at Kinkos, writing a check to USCIS, sitting next to a screaming baby on an airplane, and finally fade to black on a loving couple in bed. *sniffles* *wipes away tear* *sighs* That was beautiful...

Ok, can you tell I've sort of gone off the deep end? :)

Happy Sunday everyone!!!

Kate

10/30/2007 NOA1 issued
11/01/2007 Touched

Filed: Timeline

Instructions ask for "a" photo of petitioner and "a" photo of benefitiary, then later refers to them collectively as "photos". It threw me for a while until I realized they were just combining them in later references (Sheesh!). I think I might have sent them 2 of each just because I had them.

Check part was nerve wracking for me too, but I know why. I've been doing electronic banking for years so I didn't have any checks. :lol: When I started reading up on this and thinking it through, I knew that I wanted traceability through my own bank (as explained before). So, I ordered checks (smallest amount) and now they are on the shelf where they will gather dust or I lose them. :o

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.