KateandNik

Finally filing!!

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I'm not sure where I read that I needed 2 passport style pictures because here in the guides and in the instructions for the I-129F it says only "a" photo a piece is needed... But I'm almost positive I read it somewhere, so I'm going to keep it at two.

As for the other stuff... Yes, I have ALL pages of my passport, twice. :) I'm going now to make copies of the thing. One each for me and my fiance as is and then 2 more black and white for good measure. I've labeled the pictures with names as best as I can... some say "Nik's aunt" or "Nik's cousin" etc. I'm using a personal check for 455.00$ with today's date. (The check part was the most nerve wracking for some reason...)

Instructions ask for "a" photo of petitioner and "a" photo of benefitiary, then later refers to them collectively as "photos". It threw me for a while until I realized they were just combining them in later references (Sheesh!). I think I might have sent them 2 of each just because I had them.

Check part was nerve wracking for me too, but I know why. I've been doing electronic banking for years so I didn't have any checks. :lol: When I started reading up on this and thinking it through, I knew that I wanted traceability through my own bank (as explained before). So, I ordered checks (smallest amount) and now they are on the shelf where they will gather dust or I lose them. :o

I'm not sure where I read that I needed 2 passport style pictures because here in the guides and in the instructions for the I-129F it says only "a" photo a piece is needed... But I'm almost positive I read it somewhere, so I'm going to keep it at two.

As for the other stuff... Yes, I have ALL pages of my passport, twice. :) I'm going now to make copies of the thing. One each for me and my fiance as is and then 2 more black and white for good measure. I've labeled the pictures with names as best as I can... some say "Nik's aunt" or "Nik's cousin" etc. I'm using a personal check for 455.00$ with today's date. (The check part was the most nerve wracking for some reason...)

Instructions ask for "a" photo of petitioner and "a" photo of benefitiary, then later refers to them collectively as "photos". It threw me for a while until I realized they were just combining them in later references (Sheesh!). I think I might have sent them 2 of each just because I had them.

Check part was nerve wracking for me too, but I know why. I've been doing electronic banking for years so I didn't have any checks. :lol: When I started reading up on this and thinking it through, I knew that I wanted traceability through my own bank (as explained before). So, I ordered checks (smallest amount) and now they are on the shelf where they will gather dust or I lose them. :o

hi there...we are about to send our application in two weeks....and i just want to make clarification why you sent 2 pictures for you adn your fiancee? coz in guide that you can read here..it only state that you need one passport size photo for each....i sent already all the documents he needed from me for the application and that include one photo only....please confirm...thank you so much....

cheecks

hi there...we are about to send our application in two weeks....and i just want to make clarification why you sent 2 pictures for you and your fiancee? coz in guide that you can read here..it only state that you need one passport size photo for each....i sent already all the documents he needed from me for the application and that include one photo only....please confirm...thank you so much....

cheecks

I have read (including the start up kit from our lawyer) that you need 2 photo's EACH..one of you and one of your fiance.

"You and your fiance must each take passport type photographs for

submission with the USCIS petition. We need two photographs from you and two from your fiance for the

USCIS petition."

~Laura

Edited by ~Laura and Nick~

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

After reading this websites outline..I see why you are required to have two copies....

"IMPORTANT!

Make TWO copies of the entire package before you send it in. This includes the money orders too. You want to have a perfect replica of the package you are sending in. All Forms that you submit must be originals with original signatures. Supporting Evidence that you submit may be photocopies. Retain ALL original supporting Evidence since the USCIS has the right to check them by issuing an RFE (Request For Evidence). If you receive an RFE, follow the direction exactly, and make two copies of what you sent back. During any future interviews the USCIS may also want to examine the original supporting evidence."

So...I think you guys are ok with sending in the one copy....but you may need a second in case.

~Laura ;)

Edited by ~Laura and Nick~

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

After reading this websites outline..I see why you are required to have two copies....

"IMPORTANT!

Make TWO copies of the entire package before you send it in. This includes the money orders too. You want to have a perfect replica of the package you are sending in. All Forms that you submit must be originals with original signatures. Supporting Evidence that you submit may be photocopies. Retain ALL original supporting Evidence since the USCIS has the right to check them by issuing an RFE (Request For Evidence). If you receive an RFE, follow the direction exactly, and make two copies of what you sent back. During any future interviews the USCIS may also want to examine the original supporting evidence."

So...I think you guys are ok with sending in the one copy....but you may need a second in case.

~Laura ;)

yes i sent him 2 copies of my photo one for the folder that we will send to USCIS and one for the duplicate copy that we made...but just clearing that we only need to submit one photo for the USCIS right? sorry for making a confusion...thank you so much...

cheecks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi there...we are about to send our application in two weeks....and i just want to make clarification why you sent 2 pictures for you adn your fiancee? coz in guide that you can read here..it only state that you need one passport size photo for each....i sent already all the documents he needed from me for the application and that include one photo only....please confirm...thank you so much....

cheecks

I sent 2 pics of each because I HAD them. The I-129F instructions say "a photo" for petitioner and "a photo" for benefitiary. ~Laura and Nick~ has a lawyer telling him/her that 2 are needed for each. I believe that is what was required in the past, but not anymore. For safety, it should not hurt things to send in 2 pics for each.

K1 Visa Process
USPS Express Mail I-129F Package sent to USCIS VT Service Center 07/05/07
NOA-1 Received: Notice Date 07/11/07
NOA-2 Received: Notice Date 11/20/07
Medical conducted 12/21, 26, 28/07, 01/02/08
USEM Interview conducted 01/04/08
Visas picked up at USEM (request non-delivery) 01/08/08
Family (Mom & kids) arrive Washington, DC 01/13/08

AOS Process
USPS Priority Mail package to USCIS Chicago Lockbox 03/14/08
Arrived Chicago Lockbox 03/16/08
Checks Cashed for AOS fees 04/24/08
NOA1s received 04/25/08
Biometrics (spouse & 3 kids) 05/14/08
AOS transferred to CSC 05/23/08

I sent 2 pics of each because I HAD them. The I-129F instructions say "a photo" for petitioner and "a photo" for benefitiary. ~Laura and Nick~ has a lawyer telling him/her that 2 are needed for each. I believe that is what was required in the past, but not anymore. For safety, it should not hurt things to send in 2 pics for each.

Cool...thanks for clearing that up, I was wondering too. We'll be sending the lawyer two as that is what he requested.

BTW....I'm Laura..I'll probably be the only one posting under this account...lol

Nick isn't too in to message boards.

Hugs

~Laura :)

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.