astral

I-134 questions

83 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
fiancee is in america right now with some type of temporary visa, she has to leave in like a month I believe.

she actually had a visa through marriage but was the victem of domestic violence and left the state. the man kept

her greencard telling her it was his "duty" ..i dont know i didnt understand the whole storey.

long storey short she lost that greencard i think.

You had better get the whole story ASAP. If she has a greencard then the temporary visa is moot and she has no requirement to LEAVE!!!!

YMMV

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Well instead of having her leave

and waiting and all the uncertainty with the things you described about taxes , why not get married to her now, and then she wont have to leave, and can stay with you, and then for the AOS you will be making enough

Filed: Country: Japan
Timeline
fiancee is in america right now with some type of temporary visa, she has to leave in like a month I believe.

she actually had a visa through marriage but was the victem of domestic violence and left the state. the man kept

her greencard telling her it was his "duty" ..i dont know i didnt understand the whole storey.

You had better get the whole story ASAP. If she has a greencard then the temporary visa is moot and she has no requirement to LEAVE!!!!

i think her greencard got taken away she said that the guy she married divorced her and sent the green card back

whatever happend she says she doesnt have a green card anymore just some temporary thing

Well instead of having her leave

and waiting and all the uncertainty with the things you described about taxes , why not get married to her now, and then she wont have to leave, and can stay with you, and then for the AOS you will be making enough

what do you mean she wont have to leave?

if i cant prove sufficient income what will marriage do?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

If she is in the US and you marry her you can adjust status, by doing AOS. Read the AOS guides to find out more.

[color=#800080]AOS

Lawyer sent Aos package 07-27-2007

Medical 08-01-2007

Check cashed -08-23-2007

NOA - 08-27-2007

Biometrics scheduled - 09-12-2007

Biometrics for EAD and AOS 09-12-2007

Received RFE for medical and co-sponsor tax returns

(Tax returns were sent) also letter from employer

needed, and last 6 months pay stubs.

RFE: 09-11-2007

Sent RFE back to lawyer 10-10-2007

EAD card production ordered 06-11-2007

EAD received 17-11-2007

Interview date for 01-08-2008[/color]

Approved! Card Production ordered 01-08-2008

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

There are so many informatin holes in this story that I do not think a newsgroup forum could possibly get all the information out. See a QUALIFIED immigration atttorney (more than likely someone different than you have spoken too before).

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
If she is in the US and you marry her you can adjust status, by doing AOS. Read the AOS guides to find out more.

what is AOS and where do i find the guides?

...adjust status?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=i130guide2

Here is a link to the guides and what you would have to file.

[color=#800080]AOS

Lawyer sent Aos package 07-27-2007

Medical 08-01-2007

Check cashed -08-23-2007

NOA - 08-27-2007

Biometrics scheduled - 09-12-2007

Biometrics for EAD and AOS 09-12-2007

Received RFE for medical and co-sponsor tax returns

(Tax returns were sent) also letter from employer

needed, and last 6 months pay stubs.

RFE: 09-11-2007

Sent RFE back to lawyer 10-10-2007

EAD card production ordered 06-11-2007

EAD received 17-11-2007

Interview date for 01-08-2008[/color]

Approved! Card Production ordered 01-08-2008

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
i read the link, i do not support any of the people here, actually I do not even need to pay a rent here.

i pay for my food and gas

So, then if you make at least the 125% poverty level from the chart for a household of two, you'll be able to complete the I-134 in January with an employer letter and pay stubs showing you've been making plenty of money for several months. That should be sufficient. You don't need to bother filling out information about your bank account. Just file the petition and supporting documents and deal with the support issue when the time comes. You do not file an affidavit of support with the I-129F petition. You send it to your fiancee after the case gets to the Consulate.

ok so one question about that is how many pay stubs for how many months do i need? because I only have pay stubs for maybe the past 2 months and also from a few months last year.

Actually, a few recent pay stubs is enough, particularly if they show year to date income.

You have now disclosed a much more critical issue to deal with. You must find out the precise immigration status of your fiancee. It sounds like she had conditional permanent residence. This could muddy a lot of waters but for the moment, I would stop worrying about sponsorship and start devising a plan to keep her in the US. First step is to determine her current status. The K1 forum is not the place to get help with that and I'm not versed on those issues.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: Japan
Timeline
i read the link, i do not support any of the people here, actually I do not even need to pay a rent here.

So, then if you make at least the 125% poverty level from the chart for a household of two, you'll be able to complete the I-134 in January with an employer letter and pay stubs showing you've been making plenty of money for several months. That should be sufficient. You don't need to bother filling out information about your bank account. Just file the petition and supporting documents and deal with the support issue when the time comes. You do not file an affidavit of support with the I-129F petition. You send it to your fiancee after the case gets to the Consulate.

ok so one question about that is how many pay stubs for how many months do i need? because I only have pay stubs for maybe the past 2 months and also from a few months last year.

Actually, a few recent pay stubs is enough, particularly if they show year to date income.

You have now disclosed a much more critical issue to deal with. You must find out the precise immigration status of your fiancee. It sounds like she had conditional permanent residence. This could muddy a lot of waters but for the moment, I would stop worrying about sponsorship and start devising a plan to keep her in the US. First step is to determine her current status. The K1 forum is not the place to get help with that and I'm not versed on those issues.

so even pay stubs for a month or 2?

and you are sure I do not need to fill out the bank part?

it was a few years ago when she was married and she had left america back to japan.

she came back on some type of temporary thing, a tourist visa i believe

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

so even pay stubs for a month or 2?

and you are sure I do not need to fill out the bank part?

it was a few years ago when she was married and she had left america back to japan.

she came back on some type of temporary thing, a tourist visa i believe

Based on what you've told us, I would stop worrying about sponsorship and start becoming certain of her immigration status. This could be critical to your future plans.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

On occassion, it becomes clear that the only sound advice is for a poster to find a good immigration attorney and let the attorney guide them, step by step, along their way. This appears to be one of those occassions.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=72670&hl=

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: Other Timeline

Everybody needs to stop spoon-feeding this poster.

We obviously don't have the full story. If his woman is here based on a marriage that went belly up, simply marrying another American and hoping to successfully adjust her status isn't going to pan out.

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

man you need to talk to your fiancee and find out her history. If you cant read the guides and get some understanding of the entire process, it is not going to do you any good asking new questions without answering the ones that were posed to you previously.

You are not smart enough to do this process on your own, and you lack familiarity with the basics of the process.

SEE AN IMMIGRATION LAWYER!!!

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.