kits_24_faith

April and May Filers - NOA2 to NVC

614 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I just called USCIS and I want to kill the lady at the end of the phone. She said it could take up to 6 months for approved case to be forwarded to NVC. What a load of horse #######. After I went around in circles with this woman trying to figure out where she is coming from, I asked her for her ID and the name of her direct supervisor. She tried to tell me she wouldn't give it to me since she already gave it to me. I asked her again and then she put me on hold. What a bunch of garbage employees.

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH CSC NOT FORWARDING OUR CASES!!?!?!?!

Sometime in April: Mailed I129F to USCIS

5/31/2007 ~ NAO1 (online)

9/6/2007 ~ Touch (used RFE trick)

9/24/2007 ~ NAO2 (online and email)

9/25/2007 ~ Touch

9/27/2007 ~ NAO2 (hardcopy received)

10/22/2007 ~ Case received at NVC

10/24/2007 ~ Case forwarded to Japanese embassy!

11/2/2007 ~ Sayaka receives Packet 3!!!

12/3/2007 ~ Interview and approval

12/5/2007 ~ Visa came in the mail

1/12/2008 ~ Sayaka's flight arrives in the US!!!

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
I just called USCIS and I want to kill the lady at the end of the phone. She said it could take up to 6 months for approved case to be forwarded to NVC. What a load of horse #######. After I went around in circles with this woman trying to figure out where she is coming from, I asked her for her ID and the name of her direct supervisor. She tried to tell me she wouldn't give it to me since she already gave it to me. I asked her again and then she put me on hold. What a bunch of garbage employees.

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH CSC NOT FORWARDING OUR CASES!!?!?!?!

Wow, telling you 6 months is a bit excessive, even for misinformation. Every time I called USCIS about it, they were generally very friendly, although not in a position to offer much help. Lately, it's been taking about 4 weeks for NVC to receive it. I heard there was a problem with their courier service that caused a delay, but whatever the reason, having to wait more without any information is terrible. I just got my letter from them yesterday, and it was dated the 12th. I called and they told me the case had already left on the 11th so by the time you receive your letter from them, there's a good chance that your case has already been forwarded to the embassy. Just keep watching your mail for your letter!

K-1 Timeline

04/26/07 - I-129F sent

05/23/07 - NOA1

09/07/07 - NOA2

10/09/07 - NVC

10/20/07 - Packet 3

10/27/07 - Packet 4

11/07/07 - Medical

12/11/07 - Interview

12/25/07 - POE Chicago

AOS Timeline

01/18/08 - Wedding

01/24/08 - AOS Packet Sent

01/27/08 - NOAs for AOS, EAD, and AP

03/27/08 - AP Received

05/01/08 - EAD Received

08/06/08 - RFE for I-485

08/18/08 - Case Resumed

08/26/08 - Card Production Ordered (no interview)

08/29/08 - Welcome Letter Received

09/02/08 - Green Card Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
Wow, telling you 6 months is a bit excessive, even for misinformation. Every time I called USCIS about it, they were generally very friendly, although not in a position to offer much help. Lately, it's been taking about 4 weeks for NVC to receive it. I heard there was a problem with their courier service that caused a delay, but whatever the reason, having to wait more without any information is terrible. I just got my letter from them yesterday, and it was dated the 12th. I called and they told me the case had already left on the 11th so by the time you receive your letter from them, there's a good chance that your case has already been forwarded to the embassy. Just keep watching your mail for your letter!

Thanks for you kind words. Now that I think back about my phone call I think the person on the end of the line was screwed up on their estimate. The 6 months is their time frame to approve K1 petitions, not the time period to send them to NVC. Second, the lady mentioned the delays in sending people receipts as if this actually applied to me and my current status. I kept reiterating to her that I was approved and I was not one of the people calling waiting to be approved by them. Oh well.

Part of my job is customer service, and if I came close to treating a customer like I was treated today then I wouldn't have a job.

WHERE DO THEY FIND THESE PEOPLE!!!!?????

Dude.. I'll fly down there and hand deliver my packet to NVC.

Sometime in April: Mailed I129F to USCIS

5/31/2007 ~ NAO1 (online)

9/6/2007 ~ Touch (used RFE trick)

9/24/2007 ~ NAO2 (online and email)

9/25/2007 ~ Touch

9/27/2007 ~ NAO2 (hardcopy received)

10/22/2007 ~ Case received at NVC

10/24/2007 ~ Case forwarded to Japanese embassy!

11/2/2007 ~ Sayaka receives Packet 3!!!

12/3/2007 ~ Interview and approval

12/5/2007 ~ Visa came in the mail

1/12/2008 ~ Sayaka's flight arrives in the US!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
Thanks for you kind words. Now that I think back about my phone call I think the person on the end of the line was screwed up on their estimate. The 6 months is their time frame to approve K1 petitions, not the time period to send them to NVC. Second, the lady mentioned the delays in sending people receipts as if this actually applied to me and my current status. I kept reiterating to her that I was approved and I was not one of the people calling waiting to be approved by them. Oh well.

Part of my job is customer service, and if I came close to treating a customer like I was treated today then I wouldn't have a job.

Hmmm...talk about listening skills. When I called, I followed the prompts approved petitions and after having to push several buttons, I eventually got to a menu where it's just general questions about approved petitions and each time I called, I got someone very nice, and they always confirmed that I did in fact have an approved petition. However, they couldn't help me much, and I even had one woman tell me it was her understanding that K-1's were forwarded directly to the embassy, when this is clearly not the case. After all that, it did eventually get to the NVC, and out again in the two days that most everyone else is reporting. It's so nice that something typical happened with our case.

K-1 Timeline

04/26/07 - I-129F sent

05/23/07 - NOA1

09/07/07 - NOA2

10/09/07 - NVC

10/20/07 - Packet 3

10/27/07 - Packet 4

11/07/07 - Medical

12/11/07 - Interview

12/25/07 - POE Chicago

AOS Timeline

01/18/08 - Wedding

01/24/08 - AOS Packet Sent

01/27/08 - NOAs for AOS, EAD, and AP

03/27/08 - AP Received

05/01/08 - EAD Received

08/06/08 - RFE for I-485

08/18/08 - Case Resumed

08/26/08 - Card Production Ordered (no interview)

08/29/08 - Welcome Letter Received

09/02/08 - Green Card Received

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Aaron,

I called the NVC today as well. They said they don't have a record of receiving our petition, yet. I just said thanks and hung up. The lady who took my call didn't sound too pleased so I didn't even bother asking any further questions.

You and I have the same NOA2 date so I guess we're back to the waiting game....again... :(

Keep us updated if you hear anything.

~Erin

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi Aaron,

I called the NVC today as well. They said they don't have a record of receiving our petition, yet. I just said thanks and hung up. The lady who took my call didn't sound too pleased so I didn't even bother asking any further questions.

You and I have the same NOA2 date so I guess we're back to the waiting game....again... :(

~Erin

I can hardly wait to get my NOA2 (I am at day 145), so I can get back in line and wait for my petition to get to NVC. :blink: How insane is this process!!!!!!!!

Edited by afterforever

I can hardly wait to get my NOA2 (I am at day 145), so I can get back in line and wait for my petition to get to NVC. :blink: How insane is this process!!!!!!!!

Afterforever,

I hope you get your NOA2 REAL soon! I'm sending LOTS of luck your way. One thing is for sure - this process is a rollercoaster of emotions and a true test of patience. :yes::wacko:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Has anyone called NVC lately to ask for their petitions' status? I heard different answers: 4 weeks and 90 days waiting? Which one is true? :wacko:

My fiance called yesterday and he got the same answer it may take up to "90 days" gggrrrrrrr!!!!! :angry:

g.gifo.gifd.gifempty.gifb.gifl.gife.gifs.gifs.gif

K1-K2 process:

2007-04-25 : K1-K2 package submitted

2007-05-07 : NOA 1

2007-09-07 : NOA 2

2007-09-13 : Consulate received

2007-11-29 : Appointment letter received

2008-01-08 : Interview Date

2008-01-23 : Visa received

2008-02-05 : U.S. entry

2008-02-28 : Wedding Date

AOS process:

2008-05-22 : Filing date

2008-05-30 : NOA K1-K2

2008-06-21 : Biometrics appointments

2008-06-30 : Transfer to CSC

2008-07-30 : Approval date

2008-08-30 : Greencard received

Filed: Timeline

Hi Aaron,

~Erin

I sent my petition to the TSC on the 20th of May and got approved 144 days from filing, so your approval must be right around the corner. :) Hang in there.. :D

5/20/07 I-129F sent to local service center

5/30/07 I-129F received by CSC

6/1/07 NOA1 received

9/18/07 Called USCIS, told to wait 6 months before checking status

9/24/07 Called USCIS, used RFE trick, told that last document sent was NOA1

9/25/07 Touch

10/9/07 Called USCIS, used RFE trick, told that last document sent was NOA1 and that case is pending

10/11/07 TOUCH!

10/12/07 TOUCH AND APPROVAL E-MAIL NOTIFICATION! WOOHOO!!!! Notice sent 10/11. (144 days from filing)

10/15/07 NOA2 hardcopy in-hand!

10/17/07 Packet 3 paperwork completed, given to relative who will hand deliver to fiancee in Laos on the 19th

10/17/07 Waiting for NVC to receive case

11/26/07 NVC received case

11/28/07 NVC forwards case to consulate in Vientiane, Laos

12/3/07 Consulate received case

12/10/07 Packet 3 received

12/26/07 Packet 3 completed and delived to consulate

12/26/07 Packet 4 received

3/17/08 Interview date!! (302 days from filing)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

It took about 2 weeks give or take for CSC to get the petition over to NVC but once it was there it took 2 days for them to get it processed and shipped off to the embassy.

I don't like to say 'be patient' because after what all of us have been through with this whole BEING patient thingy it's hard to keep hearing it so I will say this instead, IT WILL HAPPEN! :)

In the meantime start looking into what you need for Packet 3 so you can have that all ready to go, wish I had. We've had Packet 3 for awhile and have come across all kinds of red tape trying to get certain forms and such. :blink: So save yourself some grief now and get the necessary paperwork ready to go! :thumbs:

Ever Hopeful,

Annette

Our Time Line... April 18, 2007 - I-129F mailed to NSC

April 24, 2007 - I-129F received at NSC

May 18, 2007 - I-129F received at CSC

August 22, 2007 - called USCIS and found out we were APPROVED on August 18, 2007

August 22, 2007 - received email from CRIS, late afternoon, saying we were approved

September 10, 2007 - NVC RECEIVED! YAY!

September 12, 2007 - Left NVC on it's way to Dublin! WAHOOOO!

September 28, 2007 - Packet 3 Received

November 1, 2007 - Medical

November 8, 2007 - Packet 3 Sent to Embassy

December 7, 2007 INTERVIEW!!!

APPROVED!!!!

December 19, 2007 **Alan arrives in Seattle**

WEDDING DATE Valentines day 2008

February 25, 2008 - AOS Packet sent

March 24, 2008 - BIOMETRICS

April 30, 2008 - EAD APPROVED!

October 24 - INTERVIEW!!!!!!

December 11, 2008 - Approved! Green Card being generated. YAY!

December 29, 2008 Greencard Arrives THANK YOU VISAJOURNEY for all your help!

Filed: Timeline
It took about 2 weeks give or take for CSC to get the petition over to NVC but once it was there it took 2 days for them to get it processed and shipped off to the embassy.

I don't like to say 'be patient' because after what all of us have been through with this whole BEING patient thingy it's hard to keep hearing it so I will say this instead, IT WILL HAPPEN! :)

In the meantime start looking into what you need for Packet 3 so you can have that all ready to go, wish I had. We've had Packet 3 for awhile and have come across all kinds of red tape trying to get certain forms and such. :blink: So save yourself some grief now and get the necessary paperwork ready to go! :thumbs:

Ever Hopeful,

Annette

Is 2 weeks the norm for the time it takes for the approved petition to get from the USCIS service center to the NVC? Also, can you use the automated NVC phone system to accurately check the status of your case, or is it better to speak with someone in person? I have been checking the system by following the automated prompts, but would like reassurance that the voice system has the most up-to-date information about my case.

5/20/07 I-129F sent to local service center

5/30/07 I-129F received by CSC

6/1/07 NOA1 received

9/18/07 Called USCIS, told to wait 6 months before checking status

9/24/07 Called USCIS, used RFE trick, told that last document sent was NOA1

9/25/07 Touch

10/9/07 Called USCIS, used RFE trick, told that last document sent was NOA1 and that case is pending

10/11/07 TOUCH!

10/12/07 TOUCH AND APPROVAL E-MAIL NOTIFICATION! WOOHOO!!!! Notice sent 10/11. (144 days from filing)

10/15/07 NOA2 hardcopy in-hand!

10/17/07 Packet 3 paperwork completed, given to relative who will hand deliver to fiancee in Laos on the 19th

10/17/07 Waiting for NVC to receive case

11/26/07 NVC received case

11/28/07 NVC forwards case to consulate in Vientiane, Laos

12/3/07 Consulate received case

12/10/07 Packet 3 received

12/26/07 Packet 3 completed and delived to consulate

12/26/07 Packet 4 received

3/17/08 Interview date!! (302 days from filing)

Is 2 weeks the norm for the time it takes for the approved petition to get from the USCIS service center to the NVC? Also, can you use the automated NVC phone system to accurately check the status of your case, or is it better to speak with someone in person? I have been checking the system by following the automated prompts, but would like reassurance that the voice system has the most up-to-date information about my case.

Recently it has been taking longer for petitions coming from CSC to reach the NVC. If you look at some of the timelines here on VJ its been taking anywhere from 2-6 weeks.

You will want to talk with a Customer Service Rep. instead of using the automated NVC phone system to verify that they have received and sent your petition to the embassy.

I hope this helps! :thumbs:

Got our NOA2 email notification from CRIS yesterday, WOO HOO!! :dance: Took 144 days from filing with TSC/CSC.

Wow, it's nice to be posting in a different forum, and even though we still have to do some more waiting, at least we feel like we're making progress!!

Praying that CSC and NVC both get their act together and ease our waiting pains...

--------------------

(Full timeline in profile)

25th May 07 - Sent I-129F to TSC

17th December 07 - Interview- APPROVED! :)

17th May 08 - Got married!!!!! :)

18th June 08 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago lockbox

3rd October 08 - Green card in hand!!

26th August 10 - Sent I-751 to VSC

31st August 10 - NOA1 from VSC

10th January 11 - I-751 approved!

14th January 11 - 10-year green card in hand!!

22nd April 23 - N400 submitted online; NOA available in USCIS account immediately
6th November 23 - Interview; approval same day
28th November 23 - Oath ceremony scheduled

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Ever Hopeful,

Annette

Sadly, two weeks seems to be a thing of the past...I'm at four weeks today since approval. It's really iritating, isn't it? I mean you wait so incredibly long for your approval, and then you get to wait some more. The worst part is trying to plan your life out not knowing when things are going to happen. We keep bumping back our wedding date. :( And, my fiance has to figure out his working situation. Does he take on another project? The one he's working on is finished mid-November. Then what should he do? Don't they realize people's lives are being impacted? The waiting would be so much more tolerable if we knew when the end would come.

Anyway, thanks for listening to my rant :) Sometimes I feel like this is the only place I can complain....at least you all feel my same frustration and understand :)

Timeline:

5/2/07 - Mailed petition to Nebraska Service Center

5/7/07 - Received Petition in Nebraska

5/30/07 - NOA1 - Petition at CSC

9/19/07 - Approved!! NOA2 - 140 days from filing!!!

9/24/07 - Hardcopy NOA2 received

10/29/07 - Sent to NVC - 40 Days from NOA2

10/31/07 - Case received at NVC - Happy Halloween!

11/02/07 - Case left NVC - Yay!

11/08/07 - Case received in Bucharest - picked up Packet 3 from embassy

11/09/07 - Received NVC Letter

11/12/07 - Medical exam

11/19/07 - Interview - success! Visa in hand!

11/21/07 - POE Seattle

1/19/08 - Marriage

2/2/08 - Applied for AOS, AP, EAD

2/8/08 - Received all 3 NOA1's

2/29/08 - Biometrics

3/18/08 - AP and EAD approved, card production ordered

3/24/08 - Received AP in the mail

3/25/08 - EAD card sent in the mail

3/27/08 - EAD received

9/19/08 - Received interview letter - FINALLY!!!

10/17/08 - Interview 11am

10/27/08 - Card Production Ordered

Yup I sympathise with your fiance Musicgirl.... I'm the foreign fiancee and I was made redundant at the beginning of this month, but don't want to sit around doing nothing in case the process is delayed and I run out of money! Trying to figure out what temporary job to take, or to answer an agency who asks what length of contract I'm looking for, is a really hard question... Also, seeing as my fiance (who's in the US) is on SS benefits for severe back pain, I'm figuring that ONE of us should be working when I go for my interview, otherwise it might not look too good..... right? Anyone else got advice/experience of this?

--------------------

(Full timeline in profile)

25th May 07 - Sent I-129F to TSC

17th December 07 - Interview- APPROVED! :)

17th May 08 - Got married!!!!! :)

18th June 08 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago lockbox

3rd October 08 - Green card in hand!!

26th August 10 - Sent I-751 to VSC

31st August 10 - NOA1 from VSC

10th January 11 - I-751 approved!

14th January 11 - 10-year green card in hand!!

22nd April 23 - N400 submitted online; NOA available in USCIS account immediately
6th November 23 - Interview; approval same day
28th November 23 - Oath ceremony scheduled

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.