ron123

our K3 interview problems with embassy. HELP!!!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I am having nothing but trouble with the embassy we are dealing with.

My wife had her appointment last week. The local police had left off her name from her previous marriage from the police certificate. She was requested to fix this and she did promptly the next day.

I have tried to call and talk with a consul, but the head consul post at this embassy is empty at this time.

There are only vice-consuls. And they operators at the switch board will never allow my to talk with one. I'm treated like totally #######. The only people I have met with in this embassy was the consul who is no longer there.

What's worse is the person that my wife met with in the embassy is a local, not even an american. I think they are jerking her around.

Last week, when she went for interview, 6 people went, 5 were sent home for paperwork problems.

I have called my senators office, and ask them to help arrange for her another interview, they said they can only send a fax.

I got an email today, signed as general "consul"because they never put a name on their emails. Its says the interview will be October 2. I'm tired from this embassy jerking us around. My wife called to see about her interview (they are 10 hours ahead of us) and when she called, they were hateful, and would not tell her, only that she need ask her husband. What kind of people are these??? They are not americans.

One problem and now we have to wait another week and half for interview.

All travel plans and out the window, airplane tickets have to be changed, and I can't even get through to an american at this embassy to ask for help.

I'm afraid they are not going to give her a visa, because this embassy is on a power trip.

Her sister was denied an interview for a visa, because her hair was combed a little different in her photo. She had to wait another month and half for her interview.

Any suggestions??? If your senator will only send a fax, who in the world can we ask for help??????

good luck all.....

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I am having nothing but trouble with the embassy we are dealing with.

My wife had her appointment last week. The local police had left off her name from her previous marriage from the police certificate. She was requested to fix this and she did promptly the next day.

I have tried to call and talk with a consul, but the head consul post at this embassy is empty at this time.

There are only vice-consuls. And they operators at the switch board will never allow my to talk with one. I'm treated like totally #######. The only people I have met with in this embassy was the consul who is no longer there.

What's worse is the person that my wife met with in the embassy is a local, not even an american. I think they are jerking her around.

Last week, when she went for interview, 6 people went, 5 were sent home for paperwork problems.

I have called my senators office, and ask them to help arrange for her another interview, they said they can only send a fax.

I got an email today, signed as general "consul"because they never put a name on their emails. Its says the interview will be October 2. I'm tired from this embassy jerking us around. My wife called to see about her interview (they are 10 hours ahead of us) and when she called, they were hateful, and would not tell her, only that she need ask her husband. What kind of people are these??? They are not americans.

One problem and now we have to wait another week and half for interview.

All travel plans and out the window, airplane tickets have to be changed, and I can't even get through to an american at this embassy to ask for help.

I'm afraid they are not going to give her a visa, because this embassy is on a power trip.

Her sister was denied an interview for a visa, because her hair was combed a little different in her photo. She had to wait another month and half for her interview.

Any suggestions??? If your senator will only send a fax, who in the world can we ask for help??????

I guess it's a matter of perspective. Your wife's papers were not in order (Clerical errors are a big deal.) and you have them in order and another interview scheduled for 12 days later. In China, for the same problem, my wife would have had to travel 14 hours by train to get home, then wait a couple weeks for a corrected form and be fortunate to have a new interview within 60 days.

Your situation sounds like the wonderful dream to me.

Making travel plans before the visa is in hand is a risky business. You knew that, right?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Timeline

what I know is that my wife is being treated like a Dog, for one name missing on a paper. A paper that she was not allowed to fill out, but the LOCAL police had too.

I know this embassy has treated her like ####### everytime she has dealt with them.

I'm not even allowed to speak with a vice-consul when I call.

To many local people are running our embassies.

I know that our congressmen and senators care nothing for american citizens or our spouses because when you ask for help, they could care less. I've dealt with both my senators, and be sure they will never get my vote again.

I have had USCIS lose documents. Cost over 2 months

I have had my our papers from USCIS to NVC get lost. Another 2 months lost.

And now I'm dealing with jerks at this embassy, because they don't have a head consul.

Our case was approved back in June!!!!!

Everyday thousands of Mexicans and God only knows who else come across the border into our country without proper papers or approval.

A tourist from Germany or England has more rights than the spouse of an American citizen.

Stop telling me how good it is.......The system sucks, the system is a joke. It needs to be changed.

The paperwork Act isn't being followed, because every document you fill out has the same information over and over and over again.

Until you people get busy and vote the existing bums out of office, nothing will change, and all those who come after us will suffer the same #######.

I DON'T THINK ITS RIGHT THAT ANYONE HAVE TO WAIT THROUGH ALL THE #######. NOT EVEN YOU.

IF YOU ARE MARRIED, AND A NATURAL BORN AMERICAN CITIZEN, AS SOON AS BACKGROUND CHECKS, YOUR WIFE SHOULD BE CLEARED TO COME.

Tell me.....why should a person applying for a tourist visa have priority over any american citizen's wife?

Tell me?

The system sucks...and from what I've read on these website's most people are getting screwed.

This is not the promise of America. Its a system out of control, with fat lazy people who care nothing about the lives of millions of American families.

The system needs change. Tell me...a person who comes to work for a company has a better approval rate than your spouse. Do you think its more important for our government to bring these workers over, before bringing a spouse over.

When are you people going to stop taking it, and start letting these lawmakers know...the system it #######.

good luck all.....

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
what I know is that my wife is being treated like a Dog, for one name missing on a paper. A paper that she was not allowed to fill out, but the LOCAL police had too.

I know this embassy has treated her like ####### everytime she has dealt with them.

I know that our congressmen and senators care nothing for american citizens or our spouses because when you ask for help, they could care less. I've dealt with both my senators, and be sure they will never get my vote again.

And now I'm dealing with jerks at this embassy, because they don't have a head consul.

Everyday thousands of Mexicans and God only knows who else come across the border into our country without proper papers or approval.

A tourist from Germany or England has more rights than the spouse of an American citizen.

Stop telling me how good it is.......The system sucks, the system is a joke. It needs to be changed.

The paperwork Act isn't being followed, because every document you fill out has the same information over and over and over again.

Until you people get busy and vote the existing bums out of office, nothing will change, and all those who come after us will suffer the same #######.

I DON'T THINK ITS RIGHT THAT ANYONE HAVE TO WAIT THROUGH ALL THE #######. NOT EVEN YOU.

IF YOU ARE MARRIED, AND A NATURAL BORN AMERICAN CITIZEN, AS SOON AS BACKGROUND CHECKS, YOUR WIFE SHOULD BE CLEARED TO COME.

Tell me.....why should a person applying for a tourist visa have priority over any american citizen's wife?

Tell me?

The system sucks...and from what I've read on these website's most people are getting screwed.

This is not the promise of America. Its a system out of control, with fat lazy people who care nothing about the lives of millions of American families.

The system needs change. Tell me...a person who comes to work for a company has a better approval rate than your spouse. Do you think its more important for our government to bring these workers over, before bringing a spouse over.

When are you people going to stop taking it, and start letting these lawmakers know...the system it #######.

Go ahead. Do what you think you need to do. As for me and my family, we'll choose our battles carefully. I don't have the energy to beat my head against this particular wall any more than is absolutely necessary.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

In your mind why should a natural born citizen have more rights that a naturalized citizen? Are not all citizens equal? or do we have 1st and 2nd class citizens?

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Ron, you have a right to rant, get it off your chest!

But I will repeat what Push has said..... before I send anything to the USCIS or Embassy... I double check the names and spelling and send it all correctly... otherwise I would put myself in the same situaton.

On my Marriage Certificate there were two letters that were backwards.. ( i before c rather than c before i) I spent a week in getting it corrected before I submited my paperwork. Had I not I would of received a RFE and would of lost months.

I hope others learn from this to avoid lenghty delays for themselves and others.

Edited by JohnWendy

Married Wendy (Dominican) in Aruba

Filed at CSC

Embassy Caracas

Form 1-130

----------------

4/30/2007 I-130 Sent

5/23/2007 I-130 (NOA1) Received

12/13/2007 Approved - Total 231 Days

Form 1-129F

----------------

5/26/2007 I-129F Sent

6/28/2007 I-129F (NOA1)

7/12/2007 Case transferred to California Service Center

7/17/2007 Case received and pending at CSC

12/13/2007 Approved - Total 199 Days

After Approval (Estimated 3 Months to Interview)

----------------

NVC Received : Jan 10, 2008

NVC Left : Jan 14, 2008

Consulate Received : Jan 16, 2008

Packet 3 Received : Sent Embassy an email on Jan 18 telling that I had all the forms listed on their website complete

Packet 3 Sent : Received on email from Embassy on Jan 24 with interview date

Packet 4 Received : No Packet 4

Interview Date : Feb 28, 2008

Visa Received : Feb 29, 2008

US Entry : Feb 29, 2008

Form 1-485 and EAD

----------------

4/14/2008 I-485 Sent

4/21/2008 I-485 (NOA1)

5/15/2008 Biometric Appt

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Tell me?

Of course I agree with you, but what else can we do? In America, the Senate refuses to even vote on immigration reform. America is a racist, xenophobic country full of immigrants that HATES immigrants.

Yes, Mexicans come into the country illegally to work and you can complain about that but think about it. First of all think of how EXPENSIVE immigrating legally is. For a single person it's about two thousand dollars per person, at least. How much do you think an uneducated mexican worker makes a day? 100 pesos a day? that's ten dollars. Not to mention that once they arrive at the US, for those who make it, they are treated like human filth. Even those Mexicans with tourist or student visas are treated like garbage at border crossings. I've seen it, and it's depressing.

I live in America because it's my home and I love it. Nevertheless, I must admit that it is a broken, hateful place. I think we're lucky that this process isn't any harder than it is.

May 31 2007 I-130 - NOA1, pending at California Service Center

October 31 2007 APPROVED

June 13 2007 I-129 - NOA1, pending at California Service Center

October 31 2007 APPROVED

655376001193815188.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Tell me?

Of course I agree with you, but what else can we do? In America, the Senate refuses to even vote on immigration reform. America is a racist, xenophobic country full of immigrants that HATES immigrants.

Yes, Mexicans come into the country illegally to work and you can complain about that but think about it. First of all think of how EXPENSIVE immigrating legally is. For a single person it's about two thousand dollars per person, at least. How much do you think an uneducated mexican worker makes a day? 100 pesos a day? that's ten dollars. Not to mention that once they arrive at the US, for those who make it, they are treated like human filth. Even those Mexicans with tourist or student visas are treated like garbage at border crossings. I've seen it, and it's depressing.

I live in America because it's my home and I love it. Nevertheless, I must admit that it is a broken, hateful place. I think we're lucky that this process isn't any harder than it is.

how much do you think the avg moroccan makes? maybe even less and they go to interviews and no one even looks at most of their evidence, many of them traveling hours to get there and back.

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Rading this post made me so sad I almost started to cry.

I'm sorry that you are going through this. And don't worry, do your part... these people will get what they deserve for treating you like this, the harm that they cause will go back to them.

dd/mmm/aaaa

05/jun/2007 - Got married

I-130

08/aug/2007 - I-130 Packet sent to NSC

09/aug/2007 - I-130 Packet received

19/sep/2007 - NOA1 receipt date

25/sep/2007 - NOA1 arrived

23/apr/2008 - APPROVED

Timeline estimated adjudication on March 4, 2008. It was adjudicated on April 23.

Our I-130 was approved in 258 days.

I-129F

09/oct/2007 - I-129F Packet sent to CSC

10/oct/2007 - I-129F Packet received

12/oct/2007 - NOA1 receipt date

20/oct/2007 - NOA1 received

23/apr/2008 - APPROVED

Timeline estimated adjudication on April 4, 2008. It was adjudicated on April 23.

Our I-129f was approved in 197 days.

NVC

08/may/2008 - replied to my e-mail sent on april 30, saying that our petition has been sent to the consulate.

Consulate

20/JUN/2008 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

AOS

18/mar/2009 - Packet delivered

24/mar/2009 - NOA for AOS and EAD date

25/mar/2009 - Check cashed

15/apr/2009 - Biometrics done

22/may/2009 - EAD approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.