weisser83

Good News - Anyone? Anything?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Well, it's another "manic Monday."

I called USCIS customer service this afternoon, knowing full-well they wouldn't have any news on our case, but I had promised my fiancé that I'd check. The woman on the other end of the line was friendly, though lacking a sense of humor.

As predicted, the only information that she could give me I already knew from looking at the processing times on the website. "The wait time for a K-1 visa is currently 6 months and your case will be processed in the order it was received."

I probed for any possible way to speed up the process. Medical emergency. It appears that I'll have to come down with a nasty case of West Nile Virus or something before they'll consider looking at my file.

I'm sure most of you are in the same predicament, but I'm just wondering:

Does anyone have any good news?

Like, maybe that your case was processed faster than predicted or that you just came back from a great trip with your sweetie, or maybe you're recently married and life is spectacular... even just a funny story, with a happy ending.

Give me some hope! Looking forward to hearing from you!

P.S. If you or your fiancé is from North Africa (or the Middle East)... Or North Dakota... Or if you're a June filer... Or if you're just looking for a friend - please add me to your list. I'd love to chat with ya! Thanks!

Hedi & Kay's Timeline:

Met through a friend: 2005-12-19

Fell in love: Instantly

Engaged: 2007-1-24

I-129F Sent: 2007-06-04

I-129F NOA1: 2007-06-18

I-129F NOA2: 2007-10-18

Packet 3 Rec'd: 2008-01-02

Packet 3 Sent: 2008-01-30

Medical Exam: 2008-01-30

Packet 4 Rec'd: Soon

Interview: 2008-03-06

Visa Rec'd: 2008-03-07

"A moment of waiting today, will in 50 years, be but a faint and passing memory. Time will heal the wounds it once caused."

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'd have to say that the good news is they are actually open for business, though im not sure anyone is actually in since they arent giving NOA2's with any kind of frequency. especially when it only takes 15 minutes to approve a petition :whistle: . no way the 10 % of all filers that happen to be on VJ arent getting more approvals or the unlikely event that every one who isnt on VJ is getting approved. If they are so backed up, you would think they would be going a little faster than normal to try and clear out the backlog and increase the daily quotas for each adjucator. :help:

the other good news is there is no cap on K1 and K3 visas per year , so eventually we will all get our petition approved. course it may actually be next year when that happens. :angry:

lastly the good news is they seem to have good job security there at the centers. if i was as inefficent at my job, i'd be fired before long. I think they have surpased the US postal service for the slowest government agency. I could be wrong, :blink:

Chris

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/15/08 NOA1 received EAD

08/15/08 NOA1 received AOS

08/19/08 Checks cashed

08/23/08 biometrics appt letter

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Well, I found VJ. That's good news, right? :jest:

Ok, well, I'm a June filer and my sweetie is in Ghana. And it sucks. I left him there in June and I left a piece of my heart with him. I never realized what an impatient american I am until I had to wait and wait and wait for this process. I've only receive the receipt that they got the application. So, how do people know that it's been "touched"? Anywhoo, I'm here in NY waiting along with you. Anyone know how to play the guitar? :whistle:

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I'd have to say that the good news is they are actually open for business, though im not sure anyone is actually in since they arent giving NOA2's with any kind of frequency. especially when it only takes 15 minutes to approve a petition :whistle: . no way the 10 % of all filers that happen to be on VJ arent getting more approvals or the unlikely event that every one who isnt on VJ is getting approved. If they are so backed up, you would think they would be going a little faster than normal to try and clear out the backlog and increase the daily quotas for each adjucator. :help:

How accurate is that 10%? I had wondered what proportion of K1 applicants use this forum.

My Fiancee's visa appointment is just one month away. That's great news. Here's hoping that we are together again soon!

Fantastic news. Congratulations :)

The only good news I have is that Monday is almost over :unsure:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline
How accurate is that 10%? I had wondered what proportion of K1 applicants use this forum.

i read on here one month that 2000 ( i forget the exact number) petitions were filed with USCIS, and a few weeks later someone posted that 210 (again i forget the exact number) or so filed petitions on VJ that same month, so i just figured it was a 10 percent ratio. nothing scientific or even accurate really. just a guess based on those two things. no matter what the % is, we have had so few NOA2s in the last 4 weeks, yet theres so many petitions pending, and we all know it only takes 15 minutes to approve the standard petition. And there are more than one person working there at the 2 centers. so are they really busting out NOAs and its just the luck that none are here on VJ?

you think VJ is 1% of the petitions?

we are left to wonder......

Chris

Edited by chris4gretchen

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/19/08 Checks cashed

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I think that job security snipe is pretty unfair; we have no idea how hard they're working... and if a supervisor has instructed staff to prioritise other visas, that's hardly their fault...

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

good news

after 1o months of seperation,the sydney consulate finally got my visa to me today

i had already re-booked my flights once, due to them taking 2 weeks to issue my k-3

its teusday evening in australia,and at 11am on thursday, im going home to my family in jacksonville, Fl

its been a long ### haul,but folks, there is light at the end of the tunnel

yall hang in there

good luck and god bless

I had good news. I went to visit my fiance in Michigan from 24th August to 9th September and not only did I have a great time but we got our NOA2 on 27th August while I was out there :) We were able to celebrate together :luv::dancing: and get the necessary paperwork together for me to take back to the UK.

Edited by RosemarieL

17th March 2010 - Started the removal of conditions process

22nd March 2010 - Application received by CSC

30th April 2010 - Biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

May fillers are starting to received NOA2 approval!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Good luck to all of them soon it will be our turn :dance:

September 2006 : first meeting in US for a month ,after on year of communication

April 2007 :Second meeting in Us for a month

June 2007: we engaged our lawyers

17 July 2007 : I-129F send to USCIS California center

22 July 2007 : [1st NOA

16 September 2007 : Half of the waiting time done 60 days

09/22/2007 : day 66 what a long time still to wait........

11/29/2007 : NOA2 YEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

03 January 2008 : Package 3 fromthe embassy

17 January 2008 : Medical examination

03 Febuary 2008 / Package 4

17 MARCH INTERVIEW

25 MARCH APPROVED GOT MY K1

05/17/2007: we hope this will be our wedding day.......

dreams are made to come true, Cyril & I are made to be together

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

My approved petition left NVC to go to the American embassy in Ghana last week :)

Hoping to get packet 3 soon.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
May fillers are starting to received NOA2 approval!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Good luck to all of them soon it will be our turn :dance:

Great to hear things are moving again! Thanks for sharing the good news.

Hedi & Kay's Timeline:

Met through a friend: 2005-12-19

Fell in love: Instantly

Engaged: 2007-1-24

I-129F Sent: 2007-06-04

I-129F NOA1: 2007-06-18

I-129F NOA2: 2007-10-18

Packet 3 Rec'd: 2008-01-02

Packet 3 Sent: 2008-01-30

Medical Exam: 2008-01-30

Packet 4 Rec'd: Soon

Interview: 2008-03-06

Visa Rec'd: 2008-03-07

"A moment of waiting today, will in 50 years, be but a faint and passing memory. Time will heal the wounds it once caused."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
My approved petition left NVC to go to the American embassy in Ghana last week :)

Hoping to get packet 3 soon.

CONGRATS :thumbs: :thumbs:

Good luck for the interview give us some news!!!! :dance:

September 2006 : first meeting in US for a month ,after on year of communication

April 2007 :Second meeting in Us for a month

June 2007: we engaged our lawyers

17 July 2007 : I-129F send to USCIS California center

22 July 2007 : [1st NOA

16 September 2007 : Half of the waiting time done 60 days

09/22/2007 : day 66 what a long time still to wait........

11/29/2007 : NOA2 YEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

03 January 2008 : Package 3 fromthe embassy

17 January 2008 : Medical examination

03 Febuary 2008 / Package 4

17 MARCH INTERVIEW

25 MARCH APPROVED GOT MY K1

05/17/2007: we hope this will be our wedding day.......

dreams are made to come true, Cyril & I are made to be together

.png

Timeline
I think that job security snipe is pretty unfair; we have no idea how hard they're working... and if a supervisor has instructed staff to prioritise other visas, that's hardly their fault...

well i'll see how you feel when your timeline is at 140 days with no NOA2 like a few posters on here. in the last 30 days there have been 32 NOA2s from CSC. thats averaging one a day

theres currently 334 waiting for approval on here. that begs a timeline of 334 days for approvals on those.

I'll let you know where the stats show they are working hard and diligently. until then, i think my snipe is fairly accurate.

but i would love for them to prove me wrong. please have them prove me wrong.

Chris

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/19/08 Checks cashed

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.