questworldz

MESSED UP PRIORITIES

9 posts in this topic

This is gonna be more of a rant session than anything. Tell me if this is just me, or do most of you agree. This new HB-1 program....well before I get started go this

site http://www.americanworker.org/ and view the videoclip. It's not spam or anything, just a little eye opener to the dirty game corporations play.

Albeit a bit unrelated to my rant session as well. Getting back to my point, do you guys think that it's messed that we have shortened processing times

for Immigrant Workers, and have the option of expedited processing for them, for a fee versus having the same luxuries for our family and spouse petitions?

I mean seriously, we have able bodied workers here that can fill in the "gaps" quite efficiently and get the jobs done. Since when did corporations become more

important than family? Why is that we can't get family members here in the same amount of time as immigrant workers? Why are we also not afforded the right to expedited

processing of our petition for a fee? Why can't we ask for shorter processing times? Family is central to the well being of many of us, and is a core integral part of the

American way of life.

So then, I ask you why are we being looked down on? I think it is a shame, and quite disgusting that these corporate mongers are getting away with so much as it stands,

and now you have this "stake" which further widens the gap between civilian contingents and power/wealth hungry corporate players. I hope our leaders realize how much unneeded

stress the waiting period causes, and tries to find a resolution that would not only relieve the tension and pain of petitioners likes us, but also find a solution that would reduce the burden

at the processing centers such as scantron/OCR petitions, e-filings, reduce paperwork and processing times even more.

I feel so frustrated when I look at the Paperwork Information Reduction Act they keep referring to in all the forms' instruction packets. I really feel like I'm taking crazy pills. I mean

consider the following:

The DS-230 is the G-325A with a couple extra lines of information. I mean seriously, could you not just tack the DS-230 processing fee onto the G-325A and add on the couple extra

lines from the DS-230?

If the petitioner and beneficiary information is already on file via the I-130, why not simply eliminate those fields from the ensuing forms. Just have a space for the case number, the other

information should be able to be inferred from the case number alone, after all, in the end it will all be compiled into a case, oh y eah not mention that we have to right the case number

on the top of each page anyway.

How about eliminating the retarded barcoded coversheets, and allowing the fee's to be filed along with the forms like the I-130?

How about allowing all the paperwork to be submitted as a nifty little case file at once? Using the idea's above you would only have a I-130, G-325A and I-864.

How's that for paperwork information reduction? It never really ceases to amaze me at the simplicity of such notions or suggestions. My ideaology is not radical or revolutionary, it just

makes sense. I would really hate to beleive that the ideas aforementioned have not been discussed amongst senior officials at the USCIS and NVC. Seriously if the USCIS and NVC

need eachother to function, then why not merge it back into one nifty little operatioin again and call it CSINS-Common Sense Immigration Naturalization Service? With that being said,

I have gotten what I need to say off my chest. I hope I don't get in trouble with mods or gov't for this rant.

Edited by questworldz

.png

Detailed timeline at http://esaamquazi.hi5.com

02/07/07 I-130 packet mailed to USCIS NSC

02/08/07 I-130 packet received

02/12/07 I-130 fee deposited

02/19/07 NOA-1, transferred to USCIS CSC.

05/03/07 NOA-2

05/22/07 I-130 packet entered at NVC-Category CR1

06/04/07 AOS Bill & DS-3032 generated

06/07/07 Wife emails DS-3032

06/12/07 DS-3032 entered

06/25/07 AOS Bill arrives. IV Bill Generated

06/26/07 AOS Bill mailed

06/28/07 AOS Bill received

07/03/07 AOS Bill deposited & entered

07/06/07 IV Bill arrives

07/10/07 IV Bill mailed

07/11/07 IV Bill received

07/16/07 IV Bill deposited & entered. I-864 generated

07/27/07 I-864 arrives

08/01/07 I-864 mailed

08/02/07 I-864 received.

08/06/07 I-864 packet entered

08/08/07 DS-230 arrives

08/09/07 DS-230 mailed

08/10/07 DS-230 received

08/13/07 I-864 approved

08/14/07 DS-230 entered

08/23/07 DS-230 approved. CASE COMPLETE!

08/29/07 Case leaves for US Embassy, Dhaka, BD

09/04/07 Case received by US Embassy

09/13/07 US Dept of State: Interview 10/22/07

09/13/07 US Embassy mails packet 4

09/20/07 Packet 4 received by Wife

09/24/07 Medical Exam

09/27/07 Police Clearance: Expected 10/3/07

09/27/07 Medical Results: PASSED

10/01/07 Packet 4 received by Me

10/10/07 Fly out to meet wife

10/22/07 Interview at US Embassy at 8:00 am

XX/XX/XX Visa Granted

11/09/07 Return Flight with wife

11/10/07 Wife and I return to American soil. Live happily ever after.

I remember reading somewhere on this site, when this topic came up before, that the reason the government makes us wait so long is a sort of a test of our relationships. I feel that one reason for this is because of the marriage scams that take place. I think another reason is that this process is long and stressful. Not all of the relationships can endure it. Some of us, for whatever twisted reasons, are put through more stress than others (the_dip_sticks are one couple that comes to mind). I think the government tries to weed out the real couples from the scammers and end up being way off base at times.

3dflagsdotcom_roman_2faws.gifaheart2.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif

Our CR-1 Timeline

Feb 20, 2010 ~ We will file to remove conditions

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

Corporate greed. It is all about the dollar......hiring cheap labor while service quality suffers.

As far as the waiting time is concerned I really don't think that the government cares if our relationship will survive the process or not.

I am convinced that incompetent people within a less than perfect system fail to grasp their own regulations they are to follow.

The management within these entities is lacking to say the least. Grand ideas without substance will fail. This whole

immigration mess is getting to me........from USCIS to NVC and now the circus in the embassy arena...........jumping through hoops on and on.

Then comes AOS.........etc. this system is flawed with incompetence.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good post, Sis! I could not agree with you more. :thumbs:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Part of the reason we have such long wait to get our spouses here is because so many people want to immigrate to United States. And I don't blame the people who have dreams of having a better life and opportunities than their homeland. The system is probably overwhelmed by the number of applications they receive every month. Part of the reason that gov't may prefer HB-1 program applicants is because these people are skilled workers and are very educated so their skills can be used here. On the other hand, many of the family based people have little education or have skills that are not useful in the American economy. These HB-1 program applicants have the same dreams that many of us who immigrated earlier did. But it seems that many people want to shut the door to United States immediately after they enter United States. According to these people, it was ok for people to come to U.S. when they immigrated or their forefathers immigrated but it is not ok anymore when other people want to come here for a better life. I agree with you on the second part of the post on how the USCIS should change the way it handles applications.

This is gonna be more of a rant session than anything. Tell me if this is just me, or do most of you agree. This new HB-1 program....well before I get started go this

site http://www.americanworker.org/ and view the videoclip. It's not spam or anything, just a little eye opener to the dirty game corporations play.

Albeit a bit unrelated to my rant session as well. Getting back to my point, do you guys think that it's messed that we have shortened processing times

for Immigrant Workers, and have the option of expedited processing for them, for a fee versus having the same luxuries for our family and spouse petitions?

I mean seriously, we have able bodied workers here that can fill in the "gaps" quite efficiently and get the jobs done. Since when did corporations become more

important than family? Why is that we can't get family members here in the same amount of time as immigrant workers? Why are we also not afforded the right to expedited

processing of our petition for a fee? Why can't we ask for shorter processing times? Family is central to the well being of many of us, and is a core integral part of the

American way of life.

So then, I ask you why are we being looked down on? I think it is a shame, and quite disgusting that these corporate mongers are getting away with so much as it stands,

and now you have this "stake" which further widens the gap between civilian contingents and power/wealth hungry corporate players. I hope our leaders realize how much unneeded

stress the waiting period causes, and tries to find a resolution that would not only relieve the tension and pain of petitioners likes us, but also find a solution that would reduce the burden

at the processing centers such as scantron/OCR petitions, e-filings, reduce paperwork and processing times even more.

I feel so frustrated when I look at the Paperwork Information Reduction Act they keep referring to in all the forms' instruction packets. I really feel like I'm taking crazy pills. I mean

consider the following:

The DS-230 is the G-325A with a couple extra lines of information. I mean seriously, could you not just tack the DS-230 processing fee onto the G-325A and add on the couple extra

lines from the DS-230?

If the petitioner and beneficiary information is already on file via the I-130, why not simply eliminate those fields from the ensuing forms. Just have a space for the case number, the other

information should be able to be inferred from the case number alone, after all, in the end it will all be compiled into a case, oh y eah not mention that we have to right the case number

on the top of each page anyway.

How about eliminating the retarded barcoded coversheets, and allowing the fee's to be filed along with the forms like the I-130?

How about allowing all the paperwork to be submitted as a nifty little case file at once? Using the idea's above you would only have a I-130, G-325A and I-864.

How's that for paperwork information reduction? It never really ceases to amaze me at the simplicity of such notions or suggestions. My ideaology is not radical or revolutionary, it just

makes sense. I would really hate to beleive that the ideas aforementioned have not been discussed amongst senior officials at the USCIS and NVC. Seriously if the USCIS and NVC

need eachother to function, then why not merge it back into one nifty little operatioin again and call it CSINS-Common Sense Immigration Naturalization Service? With that being said,

I have gotten what I need to say off my chest. I hope I don't get in trouble with mods or gov't for this rant.

FORM I-130 PROCESS

Jan. 15, 2007 - Got married in India

Feb. 02, 2007 - Sent Form I-130 via Certified mail

Feb. 05, 2007 - NSC Receives Form I-130

Feb 07, 2007 - NOA-1

Mar. 15, 2007 - Touched

April. 11, 2007 - Touched

April 17, 2007- Approved!!

May 01, 2007- Touched

NVC Processing of I-130

April 27, 2007- Received by NVC

May 14, 2007- IV Bill and AOS fee bill Generated

May 22, 2007- Sent AOS fee bill

May 27, 2007- Received AOS fee bill in mail

June 11, 2007- Received I-864 package in mail

June 14, 2007- Still no IV bill. Called NVC so that they can resend it.

June 18, 2007- Sent completed I-864 package

June 22, 2007- Still no IV bill

June 25, 2007- Finally Received and Paid the IV bill!!

August 05, 2007- Sent DS-230

August 21, 2007- Case Completed at NVC

August 27, 2007- Case Forwarded to Embassy

October 15, 2007- Interview!! Visa approved!!

October 18, 2007- Visa in hand

October 27, 2007- US arrival!!

Filed: Timeline
governments and common sense do not mix

:thumbs::lol:

good post. I agree fully on all points. We're trying to get our adopted daughter here from the Philippines and have been waiting 5 months since the visa interview, with no word why the visa has not yet been released. Even our US Senator couldn't get much information out of them. I'm royally pissed off that non-immigrant visas, and work related visas come before approved petitions by American Citizens. I'm also really pissed that the US Embassies don't seem to have any checks on their ability to make decisions. They don't seem to have to inform anyone about anything, and that's in violation of what this country's supposed to be all about. Needless to say priorities for USCIS and foreign consulates seem to be to grant special favors to law breakers and pick on those who are following the rules. Maybe its being done on purpose to screw the country up so bad that no one will want to come here anymore.

Part of the reason we have such long wait to get our spouses here is because so many people want to immigrate to United States. And I don't blame the people who have dreams of having a better life and opportunities than their homeland. The system is probably overwhelmed by the number of applications they receive every month. Part of the reason that gov't may prefer HB-1 program applicants is because these people are skilled workers and are very educated so their skills can be used here. On the other hand, many of the family based people have little education or have skills that are not useful in the American economy. These HB-1 program applicants have the same dreams that many of us who immigrated earlier did. But it seems that many people want to shut the door to United States immediately after they enter United States. According to these people, it was ok for people to come to U.S. when they immigrated or their forefathers immigrated but it is not ok anymore when other people want to come here for a better life. I agree with you on the second part of the post on how the USCIS should change the way it handles applications.

Yeah, I can see your point but can't see it. If that makes any sense. That is, our petitions for our spouses become current because they are spouses of USC's, not a problem.

It's the friggin wait time that kills me, because the case moves throught the NVC rather expeditiously. The time frame gap between the USCIS and NVC is nearly identical.

Yet, the NVC is processing a lot more paperwork than the USCIS. The NVC taking a longer time to process information is understandable, the USCIS taking so long to simply

approve some basic information pages seems a bit assinine in comparison.

I don't want you to get me wrong. I am a firm believer in an open door policy, and I want the world to realize what is means to be American. It just ticks me off that illegal

workers may be granted clemency and seem to be enjoying our jobs and comforts all without having to go through the proper channels. students and workers here on

expired visa's, and even many illegal immigrants, are somehow able to pay income tax, buy and own property, yet they don't have to be a legal immigrant.

But as far as your argument goes for hb-1 workers, I have to get into a bit of a tussle with you there. There are many people I know from Bangladesh, Malaysia, Nepal

and India that have received jobs from American companies. So what you say? Consider this, of 15 or so people I know, most of those people came here on student

visa's, studied here and returned back to their companies per stipulation of the student visa. Now, you can't possibly expect me to believe that there are not any

American students in their classes along with them. The reason they hire foreigners is because many countries don't offer benefits, and people, especially those from

third world countries where the dollar holds a very high value, can live off of very meager earnings and a simple life. Typically, these workers don't seek higher wages

or compensation. They are content simply with the notion of having a job.

The issues of being American, is that we are true consumers in that we are never satisfied regardless of how many resources we consume or utilize. We will want raises

and benefits, and should want such rightfully so. If a company prospers in production and profitability due to the hard work of it's employees, then, that company has

a responsibility to see that such workers are rewarded with tenure, raises, benefits, etc... For arguments sake, say you have a worker who has worked themselves up to

a reputable position and has earned their income of say $60,000 plus a benefits package. Is it fair then for the company to say to them, "we valued your hard work,

but we can't afford to keep you on anymore"? Only to find out that days later they have been replaced by 3 $20,000 workers, or 3 $18,000 workers, or 6 $9,000 workers?

Let's put you in there shoes, because I was a victim of outsourcing too. Say you worked hard for five years, giving it your best shot, 110% day in and day out. Finally, you made

the big time. No more apartments, no more living paycheck to paycheck, enjoying the outdoors and recreation at will. I mean you are finally living a dream. You got the big

promotion and are ready to buy a car, a house, and get married to your longtime fiance. You get your loans, and you get married, you got your car, your home. I mean

your all set. Then six months down the line you find out you're being canned, and later find out your job is going to some young runts in Sri Lanka. BAM!! Your dreams

are shattered, even if it MAY be temporarily. Your finanial responsibilities will undoubtedly place a burden on your relationship. Is that something you really want?

You wanna work here fine, but get here the same way the rest of us have to. You want to come here, you better be coming in the same time as our spouses, our children,

or our siblings. All men are created equal, then such should be that a worker not receive preferential treatment over a hardworking taxpaying voting citizen. Make the

government show it is a governement by the people, for the people with liberty and justice for all and not for the select few that can afford to "purchase" it.

.png

Detailed timeline at http://esaamquazi.hi5.com

02/07/07 I-130 packet mailed to USCIS NSC

02/08/07 I-130 packet received

02/12/07 I-130 fee deposited

02/19/07 NOA-1, transferred to USCIS CSC.

05/03/07 NOA-2

05/22/07 I-130 packet entered at NVC-Category CR1

06/04/07 AOS Bill & DS-3032 generated

06/07/07 Wife emails DS-3032

06/12/07 DS-3032 entered

06/25/07 AOS Bill arrives. IV Bill Generated

06/26/07 AOS Bill mailed

06/28/07 AOS Bill received

07/03/07 AOS Bill deposited & entered

07/06/07 IV Bill arrives

07/10/07 IV Bill mailed

07/11/07 IV Bill received

07/16/07 IV Bill deposited & entered. I-864 generated

07/27/07 I-864 arrives

08/01/07 I-864 mailed

08/02/07 I-864 received.

08/06/07 I-864 packet entered

08/08/07 DS-230 arrives

08/09/07 DS-230 mailed

08/10/07 DS-230 received

08/13/07 I-864 approved

08/14/07 DS-230 entered

08/23/07 DS-230 approved. CASE COMPLETE!

08/29/07 Case leaves for US Embassy, Dhaka, BD

09/04/07 Case received by US Embassy

09/13/07 US Dept of State: Interview 10/22/07

09/13/07 US Embassy mails packet 4

09/20/07 Packet 4 received by Wife

09/24/07 Medical Exam

09/27/07 Police Clearance: Expected 10/3/07

09/27/07 Medical Results: PASSED

10/01/07 Packet 4 received by Me

10/10/07 Fly out to meet wife

10/22/07 Interview at US Embassy at 8:00 am

XX/XX/XX Visa Granted

11/09/07 Return Flight with wife

11/10/07 Wife and I return to American soil. Live happily ever after.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.