almaty

: Defiant Larry Craig Shocker

11 posts in this topic

Less than one week after announcing his intention to resign from office, embattled Sen. Larry Craig (R-Idaho) changed course today, telling reporters in Washington, “I will not blow this job.”

Over the past few days, there had been whispers in Republican circles that Sen. Craig had, in the words of one of the Idaho senator’s associates, “pulled out too early,”

“At the end of the day, Larry does not want to blow this job,” the associate said. “He will do whatever it takes to win back the support of his constituents, even if it means getting down on his knees.”

Another associate of Sen. Craig’s agreed that the Idaho senator announced his intention to vacate his Senate seat too hastily: “I think Larry now feels that to leave office on September 30 would be a premature evacuation.”

Sen. Craig got a key vote of support from Sen. Arlen Specter (R-Penn), who held a press conference at the Senate today to call the charges against the Idaho senator a “bum rap.”

But even as Sen. Craig picked up the support of Sen. Specter, a source close to the Republican caucus indicated that most Republicans are “backing away” from Sen. Craig.

For his part, Sen. Craig told reporters that he would take whatever steps are necessary to find favor with his Republican colleagues: “I will absolutely bend over backwards.”

Elsewhere, after a B-52 pilot flew over several U.S. states carrying nuclear warheads, the Air Force said that it would discontinue its use of Mapquest.

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I think he's got things in hand at the moment, albeit he's been jerked around a bit. It'll be interesting to see what comes from this. Will it stand up in court, I wonder?

"It's not the years; it's the mileage." Indiana Jones

“I will not blow this job.” :blink: Maybe not the best choice of words :wacko:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

I think he's got things in hand at the moment, albeit he's been jerked around a bit. It'll be interesting to see what comes from this. Will it stand up in court, I wonder?

he reported on NPR .." i am not going to stoop over and take it in the azz "...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

he reported on NPR .." i am not going to stoop over and take it in the azz "...

Bend over and take it like a man.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Get this...he pleaded guilty back in June! It wasn't until the incident was 'outed' in August that the good Senator thought about changing his plea.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

OK Leno said it first last night but it is worth repeating here... First of all he pleads guilty, then he denies it, then he says he'll quit his job and now he says he'll stay; when will he just be straight with us...?

Kelly (USC) & Jeremy (UKC)

Adjustment of Status from K-1 Visa

CIS Office : Louisville KY

Date Filed : 2006-11-28

NOA Date : 2006-12-21

Bio. Appt. : 2006-12-15

Card Received: 2008-02-12

Employment Authorization Document

CIS Office : Louisville KY

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2007-09-18

Approved Date : 2007-11-08

Date Card Received : 2007-11-21

Estimates/Stats : Your EAD was approved in 51 days.

Advance Parole

CIS Office : Chicago National Office

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2007-08-31

NOA Date : 2007-09-18

Date Received : 2007-11-09

Estimates/Stats : Your AP was approved in 31 days.

lol//larry craig..needs to admit it..he opens his mouth too much

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

He may not blow this job...but he'll hold one in his mouth until they find someone who will. ;)

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: Timeline
Less than one week after announcing his intention to resign from office, embattled Sen. Larry Craig (R-Idaho) changed course today, telling reporters in Washington, "I will not blow this job."

Over the past few days, there had been whispers in Republican circles that Sen. Craig had, in the words of one of the Idaho senator's associates, "pulled out too early,"

"At the end of the day, Larry does not want to blow this job," the associate said. "He will do whatever it takes to win back the support of his constituents, even if it means getting down on his knees."

Another associate of Sen. Craig's agreed that the Idaho senator announced his intention to vacate his Senate seat too hastily: "I think Larry now feels that to leave office on September 30 would be a premature evacuation."

Sen. Craig got a key vote of support from Sen. Arlen Specter (R-Penn), who held a press conference at the Senate today to call the charges against the Idaho senator a "bum rap."

But even as Sen. Craig picked up the support of Sen. Specter, a source close to the Republican caucus indicated that most Republicans are "backing away" from Sen. Craig.

For his part, Sen. Craig told reporters that he would take whatever steps are necessary to find favor with his Republican colleagues: "I will absolutely bend over backwards."

Elsewhere, after a B-52 pilot flew over several U.S. states carrying nuclear warheads, the Air Force said that it would discontinue its use of Mapquest.

:thumbs::lol:

drinkblink14.gif