qbertz7

Had Interview Today

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

So I just got off the phone with my fiance and it appears they will approve the visa as long as we provide the missing documents. One thing they asked for is 'certified copy of my (the petitioner's) pages of the passport that show when I last came and left Thailand'. Does anyone know how I would get copies of my passport pages certified?

They kept all the forms and everything, but gave her passport back (because the city born on her passport and birth certficate are different so she has to have the passport changed). So does this mean as long as she brings back what was requested we are approved? Or will she have to have another interview? AHHHHH, this sucks! Anyway, we'll get through it, just a minor delay, but if we have it planned for her to come on Sept. 13, if we bring all required documents next Monday, will we still get the visa in time?

Thanks for your help!

My Timeline

K-1 Process:

3/30/07 - NOA 1

6/25/07 - NOA 2

8/30/07 - Interview

9/13/07 - US arrival date

AOS Process:

10/5/07 - Married

10/19/07 - AOS application sent (I-485, I-131, I-765)

3/7/08 - Interview - APPROVED

3/17/08 - Greencard arrives

Removal of Conditions:

01/12/10 - Removal of Conditions package sent

01/19/10 - NOA 1

02/11/10 - Biometrics

03/16/10 - Approved

It depends on how long the processing of her passport takes. You don't have to notarize the pages of your passport, my husband didn't and we were okay.

It's a very close call, I hope it will work out!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

GOOD LUCK!!

o5cni131ii.png

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2009-05-04

NOA Date : 2009-05-21

Online USCIS website: 06-03-2009 ( so am I a May or June filer now.)

Bio. Appt. : 2009-07-24 (walk-in on 07/14/09 and accepted)

*Touch*: 07-15-2009

Card ordered: 2009-08-26

Letter received approved: dated 08-22-2009 :o

*touch* : 2009-08-31

Green card recvd: 2009-09-01

April 2010: Eligible to file for US citizenship

My handmade Jewelry

Timeline

Well luckily Thailand does passports extremely fast (about 1 day turnaround). My worry is getting the passport pages to her before Tuesday (and Monday is a US holiday). It's gonna be close, but we're gonna do whatever we can to get everything for Tuesday so we don't have to wait another full week until she can turn everything in...

My Timeline

K-1 Process:

3/30/07 - NOA 1

6/25/07 - NOA 2

8/30/07 - Interview

AOS Process:

10/5/07 - Married

Removal of Conditions:

01/19/10 - NOA 1

02/11/10 - Biometrics

03/16/10 - Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

In Albania, when you get the missing documents, you call the embassy and they make you an apptment to come and give it to them within a few days.

My friend was told at her intweview that she needed a copy of a document and when she called the embassy, they told her to come in at 1 the next day.

Timeline

In Thailand, they just have a 2 hr period per week that you can turn in missing documents. So does anyone know, does this pretty much mean we are approved as long as they receive what they asked for?

Also, already got a response from the embassy in Bangkok, certified pages of my passport just means I need to sign every page, and that certifies it...

My Timeline

K-1 Process:

3/30/07 - NOA 1

6/25/07 - NOA 2

8/30/07 - Interview

AOS Process:

10/5/07 - Married

Removal of Conditions:

01/19/10 - NOA 1

02/11/10 - Biometrics

03/16/10 - Approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Good Luck !

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

What my fiance had to do was a bit similar, not completely. I had to send her my last 3 years of taxes. She was given back her passport also. She was told to send her passport with my documents and they would send it back. She did that and they sent back her passport with the Visa. So don't worry, I do not think she needs another appointment. Did they tell her where to go to send everything back to the embassy?

In Thailand, they just have a 2 hr period per week that you can turn in missing documents. So does anyone know, does this pretty much mean we are approved as long as they receive what they asked for?

Also, already got a response from the embassy in Bangkok, certified pages of my passport just means I need to sign every page, and that certifies it...

Hey qbertz,

We were also missing one document at our interview in Bangkok. When we brought that document back to the consulate in BKK a few weeks later, and turned them in, the CO took my fiancee's passport & got the visa put in it, and returned it the same day!

And...CONGRATS! I know you won't feel this is complete until you do turn in the missing docs...but it sounds like you will have your visa shortly!

Peace,

Mark-N-AAm

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

Certified copies, that sounds a little strange. All I did was make a copy of my passport and submit it with the K-1 and then sent Claudeth a complete copy of the K-1 I submitted. Maybe you could just make copies and then get them notarized. Good luck :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
So I just got off the phone with my fiance and it appears they will approve the visa as long as we provide the missing documents. One thing they asked for is 'certified copy of my (the petitioner's) pages of the passport that show when I last came and left Thailand'.

I am sorry for the delay but hope it will be fine in the end.

It is strange to me that the CO asked for a "certified" copy of your passport pages with entry and exit stamps. From what i read on another forum by thai fiancees of USCs, nobody got asked to submit such thing.

I hope you can keep your original plan. Good luck.

(F)

Click here to look at my K-1 journey and AOS adventure on my profile -- signature & story tab...

----------------------------------------------------

973181_1238682260.jpg

Check out our dog's blog here.

My ROC Adventure:

January 13, 2010----------Mailed out I-751 to VSC

January 15, 2010----------Package delivered

January 19, 2010----------NOA

January 21, 2010----------Check cashed

February 17, 2010---------Biometrics

April 8, 2010----------------Card production ordered

April 19, 2010---------------Card received in the mail

The Most Powerful Force in Life is Love

1095_thumb.gif1332_thumb.gif807_thumb.gif

Timeline
Hey qbertz,

We were also missing one document at our interview in Bangkok. When we brought that document back to the consulate in BKK a few weeks later, and turned them in, the CO took my fiancee's passport & got the visa put in it, and returned it the same day!

And...CONGRATS! I know you won't feel this is complete until you do turn in the missing docs...but it sounds like you will have your visa shortly!

Peace,

Mark-N-AAm

Thanks Mark! I hope ours is the same situation as yours. After this last week of no sleep, I was hoping it was now going to be over and I could sleep again, but now I'm gonna super stressed for at least another 5 days!

Yeah, the whole 'certified' thing is strange, but thankfully in Thailand certified just means signing every page. When I looked up 'certified copy of passport' I got this DOS webpage talking about paying $50 and taking a week to receive this thing. Thankfully the defininition of certifed is different in Thailand.

I'll let you guys know how it goes, thanks for your support! I know we need it right about now!

My Timeline

K-1 Process:

3/30/07 - NOA 1

6/25/07 - NOA 2

8/30/07 - Interview

AOS Process:

10/5/07 - Married

Removal of Conditions:

01/19/10 - NOA 1

02/11/10 - Biometrics

03/16/10 - Approved

fingers crossed this is all over for you two next week qbertz!!!!

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

Hello Ladywhite,

I don't remember if it was required or not, but I also did turn in copies of all pages in my passport with stamps. Actually, now that I think back, I did this waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when I submitted the original petition.

Peace,

Mark-N-AAm

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.