atfon1

K1- visa - Are photos realy needed

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

If you have no photos and can't make a special trip, you'll need to send some sort of evidence with your application (plane tickets, boarding passes, etc.) that you visited your fiance in the past 2 years. That is crucial and a little hard to prove without photos, but you could try it and see what happens. At worst, you might receive an RFE and need to make that trip after all...

If approved, I would also bring lots of evidence of an ongoing relationship (phone bills, chat logs, emails) with you to the interview. I think it would also be very important, in the absence of photos, that you go with your fiance to the interview. Your presence and interaction with your fiance will be the most convincing evidence of your relationship at that point.

For what it's worth, we brought photos to our interview and they were never even asked for. I did send several with the I129 petition but of course have no way to know if they were looked at or not.

Good luck!

~Tanya

ROC Journey:

01/19/2010 - Mailed ROC paperwork to Vermont Service Center

01/21/2010 - ROC package arrived at VSC

01/26/2010 - Check cashed

01/28/2010 - Received NOA, GC extended for 1 year

02/25/2010 - Biometrics taken

04/23/2010 - Conditions lifted! :)

05/01/2010 - Ten-year GC received...on hubby's birthday! Yay!

MeandOzzy.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Actually, boarding passes, passport stamps and the like are better than photos at the petition stage.

True to a point. People have gotten petitions approved with no pics, but with other evidence proving they met. Has anyone gotten denied with no pics - I've not heard of it but then again I'd say about 99% include pics with the petition.

However, earlier in this thread one person said they had no problems with no pics, yet they have not interviewed yet & received the actual visa. It's a bit misleading.

Edited by devilette

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Actually, boarding passes, passport stamps and the like are better than photos at the petition stage.

True to a point. People have gotten petitions approved with no pics, but with other evidence proving they met. Has anyone gotten denied with no pics - I've not heard of it but then again I'd say about 99% include pics with the petition.

However, earlier in this thread one person said they had no problems with no pics, yet they have not interviewed yet & received the actual visa. It's a bit misleading.

You're right. I would never suggest trying to interview without pics. I think they're crucial as evidence of an ongoing relationship. But as for the petition stage, pictures aren't as good as boarding passes and passport stamps for proving meeting within the 2 years.

To sum up :lol:

Only pictures and no boarding passes/passport stamps, etc. in your petition = bad

Only boarding passes/passport stamps etc. and no pictures in your petition = probably OK

No pictures at your interview = bad

You're right. I would never suggest trying to interview without pics. I think they're crucial as evidence of an ongoing relationship. But as for the petition stage, pictures aren't as good as boarding passes and passport stamps for proving meeting within the 2 years.

Only pictures and no boarding passes/passport stamps, etc. in your petition = bad

Only boarding passes/passport stamps etc. and no pictures in your petition = probably OK

:lol: Thank you teacher Jenn. ;)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi everybody! i just want to ask if is it ok that me and my fiance's pictures were taken using a digital camera and obviously dates and times aren't shown on the picture ones i print out all of it...

we have tons of pictures saved on a cd though, once printed, do i need to put captions at the back of each pic explaining when and where was it taken and the names of the people with us on the pics?

and my last question...how many pics do my fiance need to send? im thinking telling my fiance to send like a hundred but honestly i dont know how many pics can satisfy USCIS

enlighten me please... :innocent:

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 3 - NVC sent letter to petitioner

Jul 15 - confirmation letter received (tnk u my dear DHL)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

Aug 28 - USEM interview date! (eto' na!) - PASSED - PINK SLIP ONLY!

Sept 26 - PAL departure - MNL-LAX

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Jan 30 2009 - AOS with EAD and AP submitted to Chi, IL

Feb 4 - check cleared

Feb 10 - AOS, EAD, AP NOA1 received!

Feb 19 - Biometric appointment letter received

Feb 28 - Biometrics schedule

Mar 28 - AP and interview invitation received by mail

Apr 2 - EAD card recieved

May 15 - Interview Schedule - APPROVED!

Jun 25 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED ON MAIL Dated June 16

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Personally i think its better you have photos , boarding passess, stamp pages from passport etc, remember you have to prove you have meet and boarding passes alone only show you went to that country not that you met. Even if the petition is approved without photos if you dont have them for your interview, get ready for bad news i think

Nov 2nd 2006 met online

June 28th 2007 sent 1-129f to NSC

July 11th 2007 NOA-1 received date on NOA-1 (now at CSC)

July 19th 2007 NAO 1 Reciept date on NOA-1

Nov 21st 2007 NOA-2

Dec 13th 2007 - arrives at NVC

Dec 20th 2007 - leaves NVC on route to GUZ

March 10th 2008- P3 sent & returned

April 9th 2008- P-4

May 22nd 2008 interview

Tracking:

Filing to Noa -1 -13 days

NOA-1 to NOA-2 - 133 days

NOA-2 to NVC - 22 days

NVC Processing - 7 days

NVC to GUZ - 81 days

P-3 to interview - 73 days

Interview to visa - 10 days

Filing to visa- 341 days

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

YMMV but we did just that... No pics presented at the interview... on top of that absolutely no questions were asked at the interview...

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I know it's a bit off topic but I couldn't imagine being apart from the person I love and not have a picture to look at.... :crying:

I'm so glad that the long distance is over!!

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

YMMV but we did just that... No pics presented at the interview... on top of that absolutely no questions were asked at the interview...

Oh, of course, lots of people go through interviews without being asked for pictures, but I would not want to be without photos if you are asked to present them!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Totally agree. Your fiance should have some pictures for the interview.

K-1 Visa Journey

03/10/2007 - Sent I-129F to NSC

06/05/2007 - Approved

06/25/2007 - NVC Case Number received

07/05/2007 - Fiance received Packets 3 and 4

09/06/2007 - INTERVIEW----- APPROVED

09/13/2007 - VISA IN HAND

09/14/2007 - POE AT JFK

10/26/2007 - Wedding

01/17/2008 - Email from CRIS that I-129 was approved!

AOS Journey

10/28/2007 - AOS mailed to Chicago via Federal Express

10/29/2007 - AOS received at Chicago

11/05/2007 - NOA for I-131, I-485, I-765

12/28/2007 - Biometrics

12/29/2007 - Case appeared on USCIS website

12/31/2007 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AP Approved

01/10/2008 - AP Received in mail

01/12/2008 - EAD Card Recieved in mail

07/24/2008 - AOS Interview

07/30/2008 -Card Production Ordered

08/11/2008 - GREEN CARD RECIEVED

04/30/2010 - ROC mailed to CA via USPS Express Mail

08/10/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AOS Approved

04/24/2011 - Mailed N-400

05/12/2011 - Received I-797C

06/08/2011 - Biometrics

07/25/2011 - N-400 Interview

07/25/2011 - Oath Ceremony

MY HUSBAND IS A US CITIZEN!!!

I would say there is no doubt that photographs of you actually together will help your application. They are not vital as others have clearly been approved without them, but including them will help.

We included about 6 photographs of us at various different locations and added captions to each.

visaJourneySignature.jpg

Plan your wedding and create a wedding web site at wedsimple.com

• 1 year later...

Pictures are the BEST evidence. However, its still possible to obtain the visa without photo evidence. Do you have other types of proof from your "in person visits?" Did you save plane tickets/itineraries, receipts from your stay in the foreign country?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.