mikeH

K1 visa denied

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

my freinds k1 visa got denied in april 2007. the petition is send back at California service center . it arrived in 1st week of june. the reason for denial was couldn,t prove the relationship. what i should do now. uscis help line tells me to wait 120 days. after that they will send an inquiry. any one has a similar case

i-751 filed at CSC

NOA received dated March7, 2008

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Sorry to hear about your friends situation. Do you know the reason for the denial?

Sorry to hear of your situation. Did you just not provide enough documentation?

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Timeline

Our petition reached California Service Center in January 2007 after his interview in October 2006. The truth is your friend will probably not hear back from them at all. They might recieve a letter from California stating your petition has expired and you can reapply. Look at how long this other couple waited.http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=63122&st=0&p=827330entry827330

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
my freinds k1 visa got denied in april 2007. the petition is send back at California service center . it arrived in 1st week of june. the reason for denial was couldn,t prove the relationship. what i should do now. uscis help line tells me to wait 120 days. after that they will send an inquiry. any one has a similar case

well at first im sorry for ur friend,can ya please tellhow they got to know each other and what kind of prrofs they tried to show the Consulate officer???

Timeline

they had engagement ceremony while boy and girl parents and about one hundred guests attended. they have hundreds of pictures, statements from people who attended the ceremony. the CO denied saying the relationship could not be proved.

i-751 filed at CSC

Timeline

Perhaps the CO mistook the engagement ceremony for a wedding? In that case, then the fiancee relationship cannot be proved.

You need to find the precise reason for the denial from the Embassy, not just what is written on the form letter.

Timeline

the embassy says your petition has been sent to california service center.and they will contact you. since 19th of april, they have not contacted. they say the reason, is relationship couldn't be proved. that's on the paper too, that was given to beneficiary.i heard it is happening very often. this was told to us by congressional staff .

i-751 filed at CSC

Timeline

I suppose its a little late now, but it would have been better for the foreign fiancee to ask the consular official the specific reason when he/she was handed the denial papers. Or, if that wasn't possible, to contact the Embassy quickly after the interview and before the case was returned.

Even now, I believe the embassy is required to keep a copy of the returned case; so it is possible that they could inform you of the specific reasons other then the blanket reason as to why it was returned.

When a petition is returned, it is returned to the fraud investigation department for USCIS, which will probably issue a letter to the petitioner. I beleive this process takes significant amount of time.

It may be wise to engage a competent lawyer at this point.

Timeline
I suggest, contact your congressman or senator to help in this regard.

we contacted the congresswoman zoe lofgran. her office advised us to file another petition. the embassy says that your petiotion has been returned to usa. thats why they can't answer any thing.

the old petition can take several months or longer, to be looked at by California service center.the petitoner just visited his fiancee in india and stayed there for a month. the new petition has been filed by an attorney. she also advised to file new petition.

i-751 filed at CSC

Timeline

Make sure that they still continue to track the old petition as well. I have heard cases where an old petition ignored can cause problems.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
Make sure that they still continue to track the old petition as well. I have heard cases where an old petition ignored can cause problems.

any one else has k1 visa denied, please let us know what was the outcome.

i-751 filed at CSC

i know folks have had their petition sent back with the recommendation for denial..but, there is something missing in your information...the Co need a reason to do this action and it is not done without cause///i think, you need to have your friend contact his congressman and determine the extent of why the relationship was not deemed as valid..

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear about this

K-1 Visa Journey

03/10/2007 - Sent I-129F to NSC

06/05/2007 - Approved

06/25/2007 - NVC Case Number received

07/05/2007 - Fiance received Packets 3 and 4

09/06/2007 - INTERVIEW----- APPROVED

09/13/2007 - VISA IN HAND

09/14/2007 - POE AT JFK

10/26/2007 - Wedding

01/17/2008 - Email from CRIS that I-129 was approved!

AOS Journey

10/28/2007 - AOS mailed to Chicago via Federal Express

10/29/2007 - AOS received at Chicago

11/05/2007 - NOA for I-131, I-485, I-765

12/28/2007 - Biometrics

12/29/2007 - Case appeared on USCIS website

12/31/2007 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AP Approved

01/10/2008 - AP Received in mail

01/12/2008 - EAD Card Recieved in mail

07/24/2008 - AOS Interview

07/30/2008 -Card Production Ordered

08/11/2008 - GREEN CARD RECIEVED

04/30/2010 - ROC mailed to CA via USPS Express Mail

08/10/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AOS Approved

04/24/2011 - Mailed N-400

05/12/2011 - Received I-797C

06/08/2011 - Biometrics

07/25/2011 - N-400 Interview

07/25/2011 - Oath Ceremony

MY HUSBAND IS A US CITIZEN!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.