geenees

im going insane

42 posts in this topic

I don't think you'll get your packet of forms back from USCIS. You'll have to start from scratch - or did your useless lawyer happen to make a photocopy of what she submitted?

Immigration is crazy - that is true. But submitting the correct forms and fees is at least a step in the right direction (which is more than I can say for your attorney...!).

SA4userbar.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
When I spoke with them today they told me to make an appointment to bring in my papers before i mail them and they will check to be sure it is complete

Why would you trust a lawyer who can't even mail the right application in, nor will refund you what you are due - to double check your new packet?!?!?

When I spoke with them today they told me to make an appointment to bring in my papers before i mail them and they will check to be sure it is complete

Why would you trust a lawyer who can't even mail the right application in, nor will refund you what you are due - to double check your new packet?!?!?

I *think* he was talking about an infopass appointment.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

no no u have it wrong.

I was talking about immigration checking my papers b4 I mail them, not the lawyer. Is that called and infopass appointment? I dont kno? I dont even trust the lawyer to tie my shoes. Lesson learned (the hard way).

Edited by geenees

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Thanks.... I kno she is wrong just from comming on here and reading. She insists she didnt need the I130 and I demanded my money. She said she will give me part of the money back. Their fees only... I am so mad. I will go pick up money from her on Friday. She isnt even the lawyer she is his assistant. The lawyer wont even talk to me he had her handle everything. I am looking up where to report him now. I picked up an I130 form and an 129f form. Now I am back where I started and I have to figure out how to file these forms. This time I think after I have everything filled out... b4 I mail them I will take it to the immigration office b4 it goes in the mail.

MY BEST ADVISE TO YOU IS:

KILL THE LAWYER, AND ALSO HIS STUPID ASSISTANT, KILL THEM BOTH!!!

DO IT!!!!!!

THEN CLAIM INSANITY, HOW COULD A JUDGE POSSIBLY SAY GUILTY!

Edited by Raspect

Timeline

haha...raspect...i second that emotion...genees...i like your willingness to not give up though honey...this immigration process is painful, not fair, and difficult at times and does require good attitude and lots of patience...love the part about "he WILL come home"....go girl :)

AOS---Mailed 6/6/2008

Check cashed---6/16/2008

Noa's received--6/18/2008 (date of 6/13/2008)

Biometrics appt--7/9/2008

RFE's received--7/12/2008

Resubmitted information--8/11/2008

EAD Card production ordered--10/2/2008

EAD approved--10/10/2008

Work card received in mail--10/11/2008

Applied for SSN--10/15/2008

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
I don't think you'll get your packet of forms back from USCIS. You'll have to start from scratch - or did your useless lawyer happen to make a photocopy of what she submitted?

Immigration is crazy - that is true. But submitting the correct forms and fees is at least a step in the right direction (which is more than I can say for your attorney...!).

WOOHAAA

06/12/07----sending The package to NSC

06/15/07---- Received at NSC

06/25/07---- TOUCHED

07/02/07---- TOUCHED and it conformed they received my Mail on 06/25/07 at CSC!

07/20/07---- TOUCHED and a lady said it still Pending..

08/06/07---- TOUCHED

08/29/07 OMG I am just keep TOUCHING... :lol:

09/26/07 TOUCHED CSC ... Nothing yet :(

09/28/07 sending a fax to congressman at 00:06 A.M.

10/31/07 JUST Called CSC TODAY, my Case Is under Officer reviewing... RIGHT ONNNNNN

11/05/07 RFE!!!! AFTER ABOUT 4 MONTH RFE? WHAT FOR? WHY SO LATE? #######

11/26/07 Approved WooHooo

11/30/07 NO2 hardcopy has been received yo yo

12/10/07 Transferred to NVC as of today 12/17/07. NVC telephone line is a hack of busy!

12/14/07 NV received the case

12/18/07 called and conformed the nvc case number and case have been send to ankara u.s. embassy

01/17/08 Received Appointment Letter Damn slow while they send it thro USPS

02/10/09 Approval Letter. ouiiiiii

02/20/09 Recived The Permanent Resident card

zadcvfp4_845f2cf68d.gif

Timeline

I am going tommorrow and I fear I will not be able to keep my cool. Question though??? Can I get all the papers that they have.... I mean my whole file? I dont think they will let it go. But I want it! :angry:

Thanks.... I kno she is wrong just from comming on here and reading. She insists she didnt need the I130 and I demanded my money. She said she will give me part of the money back. Their fees only... I am so mad. I will go pick up money from her on Friday. She isnt even the lawyer she is his assistant. The lawyer wont even talk to me he had her handle everything. I am looking up where to report him now. I picked up an I130 form and an 129f form. Now I am back where I started and I have to figure out how to file these forms. This time I think after I have everything filled out... b4 I mail them I will take it to the immigration office b4 it goes in the mail.

MY BEST ADVISE TO YOU IS:

KILL THE LAWYER, AND ALSO HIS STUPID ASSISTANT, KILL THEM BOTH!!!

DO IT!!!!!!

THEN CLAIM INSANITY, HOW COULD A JUDGE POSSIBLY SAY GUILTY!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

I would also get that lawyer to pay the difference for a new fee. He or she evidently did not know what he/she was doing.

I'm afraid you will have to refile, but i don't think you need a lawyer. Just read the post and read the instructions on the form CAREFULLY!!!!

I got my fiancee to get her visa within 5 months (she is flying to Newark today :D) all i did is purchase Fiancee visa kit on the net ($50.00) which had sample of filled forms and some additional descriptions.

Just make sure the forms included in those kits are up to date, if not, download an updated one form USCIS.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you guys.

Timeline

Ok so I went to see the lawyer to get my money back. Lawyer is ther but wont even look up and acknowledge, I am in the office. :whistle: First thing the assistant said is, "I was just going to leave" I snapped back that she knew I was comming from work and I was going to try to make it by 2:30 but considering I got off at 2:00... I might be a little late. I arrived 2:48, she took me into her office and sje was nervous, I stayed calm, she explains that she is giving me the money for the time they spent on my papers but not for the papers. :angry: I said "No, U will give me the translated documents." She says "Oh, U want those?" OMG I thought :blink:. I said of course I do... I paid for them. She did give them to me but they were just translated, no notary on them or anything. I asked what the... and she said "Oh u want them notarized?" I said "you think?" She said "I dont understand Ginger, U said ur friends told u the papers were wrong and then u said immigration told u the papers were wrong... are u sure they even kno what they are talking about,,,, ur friends?"

That was the moment I had to keep from lossing it, I snapped. I told her, Both had told me, she had done it wrong and I have a form given to me from immigration (which I forgot to take with me cuz I went straight from work) stating she should have filed the I130 before the I129. My kids had gone with me cuz I had to get them from school early, so I lowered my voice when the office got quiet. She said she dont understand why I dont just wait until the denial paper comes in the mail cuz maybe it is just a request for more information. Immigration told me it was a denial, not a request for information. :angry: She said well I really would like to see the paper when it comes if you can fax it to me please. Cuz something about how they have been doing this for 6 years and this is how she always files. I told her I will fax her over the information only for the porpose of her learning how to file the right way so she dont screw anyone else the way she did me. Then I left check and translated/ notarized documents in hand.

O and on my way out I picked up a newspaper.... The one I got from my class that had the Law Office advertsed in it. I plan to write call and inform the paper of how this Law Office does business.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
They explained to me the process. I paid them. I took them 4 months to finally send out my papers

Never give someone you money first BEFORE they do any work!!! Our lawyer does installments with us because they know that the process takes a long time and you shouldn't be giving your money for something that hadn't even begun yet. You should have, at the point, realized the lawyer was a bit shady.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.