geenees

im going insane

42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Help!! I just found out last Friday that my paperwork might have been filed wrong.

I came on here got advise.... made an appointment to talk to someone with immigration to see if the papers were filed wrong... Just got home.

Found out they denied it just today!!! :angry: Isnt that GREAT!! I have to wait for the papers to come in the mail telling me why.... which NOW I already kno why!!!!! My lawyer, who was supposed to handle EVERYTHING for me, didnt send the papers the right way... and now I have to wait longer to see my husband. :angry:

Lawyer took my money and took me real good! :angry: Im falling apart her. Im trying not to but I am a mess. :crying:

So I guess I just wait MORE, for my reason the papers were denied, and file again... Oh and to top it all the fees have gone up. so now I have to pay a whole lot more too.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Help!! I just found out last Friday that my paperwork might have been filed wrong.

I came on here got advise.... made an appointment to talk to someone with immigration to see if the papers were filed wrong... Just got home.

Found out they denied it just today!!! :angry: Isnt that GREAT!! I have to wait for the papers to come in the mail telling me why.... which NOW I already kno why!!!!! My lawyer, who was supposed to handle EVERYTHING for me, didnt send the papers the right way... and now I have to wait longer to see my husband. :angry:

Lawyer took my money and took me real good! :angry: Im falling apart her. Im trying not to but I am a mess. :crying:

So I guess I just wait MORE, for my reason the papers were denied, and file again... Oh and to top it all the fees have gone up. so now I have to pay a whole lot more too.

Can you give more specific information? Did the consulate/USCIS or whichever DENIED your petition or did you get a Request for Further Evidence?

Timeline

Well I just came back from the immigration office and she didnt know specifics she said denied

Can you give more specific information? Did the consulate/USCIS or whichever DENIED your petition or did you get a Request for Further Evidence?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
and now I have to wait longer to see my husband. :angry:

You filed a K1 for your HUSBAND? Perhaps that's why you were denied (if that is really the case).

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just hang in there till you find out what the problem(s) is (are) and go from there. Sometimes those mountains you forsee are just mole hills.

Edited by Jomo's girl

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You filed a K1 for your HUSBAND? Perhaps that's why you were denied (if that is really the case).

Exactly, K1 visas are for fiancées, not spouses. What has your lawyer said? If it was his error, can't he pay for the new petition you have to send out?

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline

I have been calling him like mad and they dont answer my calls ... but i just called from another phone and his secretary answered and said he wasnt in I told him they need to call me back and that it was urgent. No call yet... I keep calling but they wont answer

Exactly, K1 visas are for fiancées, not spouses. What has your lawyer said? If it was his error, can't he pay for the new petition you have to send out?

Diana

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
thnk you

Just hang in there till you find out what the problem(s) is (are) and go from there. Sometimes those mountains you forsee are just mole hills.

We've all been there or are there. Seen so many people freak out and their problem(s) was just something simply to fix. I hope that is the case with yours. If it's bigger then that, then put on those gloves and prepare to fight.

For now, there isn't much you can do but wait. No use getting all upset till you know what you are actually up against. Then, GIVE THAT LAWYER HELL!!!!!!!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

i went to a lwyers office and told them i wanted to bring my husband home. They explained to me the process. I paid them. I took them 4 months to finally send out my papers. I had to call and ask if they recieved the reciept for my papers at least 50 times.... finally after a huge fight with the lawyer the papers were sent. 2 weeks later I recieved NOA1 for I129f petition for fiance.

I just got off the phone with the lawyer she said I didnt need the I130 .... this is not true ...is it?

You have not answered one question.... did you file a petition for your fiance or husband?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
i went to a lwyers office and told them i wanted to bring my husband home. They explained to me the process. I paid them. I took them 4 months to finally send out my papers. I had to call and ask if they recieved the reciept for my papers at least 50 times.... finally after a huge fight with the lawyer the papers were sent. 2 weeks later I recieved NOA1 for I129f petition for fiance.

I just got off the phone with the lawyer she said I didnt need the I130 .... this is not true ...is it?

You have not answered one question.... did you file a petition for your fiance or husband?

If you are married to your husband, then you have to file a I 129 and a I 130. You cant file a petition for your husband using the fiance visa. you have to file a K3 spouse visa and thats the I130. Sounds like you need a new lawyer and get your money back from that one since they dont know what they are doing. If your info is correct.

Chris

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/15/08 NOA1 received EAD

08/15/08 NOA1 received AOS

08/19/08 Checks cashed

08/23/08 biometrics appt letter

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

That is NOT true. The I 129f ON ITS OWN is a fiance/e petition. Since you are already married, its no wonder it was denied.

I'd dump the loser lawyer, and either get another one who knows what they're doing, or read up on SPOUSAL visas and do it yourself.

Oh and get a refund from the loser lawyer while you're at it, and also send her the freaking link to our guide here.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k3guide

SA4userbar.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.