Magnolia31

Renewing license plates

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Does anyone on here perhaps work at the DMV? LOL

My husband is currently in Iraq. I have a power of attorney. We live in Illinois but his car still has Florida license plates on it so I need to get them changed.

Do any of you know what I would need to bring?

I have tried calling these people but i NEVER get an answer!

036.jpg

Timeline:

*Met in Tanzfleck, Germany October 24, 2003 - Continued dating until he got out of the ARMY in Nov. 2005. Continued LD relationship.

*Came to visit me in Germany for New Years 2006

*Filed for K1 Visa on 4/4/06

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*I-129F NOA2 Approved - 9/14/06

*Came to see me Thanksgiving week in Nov. 2006

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*K1 Visa received - 2/11/07

*Date of US Entry (POE Chicago)- 3/5/07

*Wedding/Marriage - 3/17/07

AOS (My case was expedited due to husband going to Iraq):

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*Found out in the beginning of June that husband is going to Iraq

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Made Infopass appointment to get case expedited due to deployment (Infopass appt 6/12/07)

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

*Interview date - 7/11/07

*I-485 Aprroval date- 7/11/07

*Green Card Received- 7/19/07

Removal of Conditions:

*Filed petition to remove conditions on 6/9/09

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Biometrics Appt. in Birmingham - 8/6/09

*Lifting of Conditions Approval Date - 10/22/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Had our daughter on 4/4/08 and have another baby due 11/19/09!!!

i live in illinois..go to the driver license branch in your area....take the registration with you and they can change the plates to illinois ones ...if you have power of atty..bring proof..if the car is in both names..you will not need that...my son plates are calif..and i have to change them soon...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I just RENEWED my plates in Missouri. I had to have my inspections (safety & emissions), proof of insurance, and 2 years worth of personal property tax payment.

Not sure if you need any of that stuff or not to just change plates to IL though.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Does anyone on here perhaps work at the DMV? LOL

My husband is currently in Iraq. I have a power of attorney. We live in Illinois but his car still has Florida license plates on it so I need to get them changed.

Do any of you know what I would need to bring?

I have tried calling these people but i NEVER get an answer!

does he want you to change them to illinois plates? there may be a tax advantage to keeping the florida plates, and you can probably renew them by mail.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

If your husband is in the military he is able to register his car in any state.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.