thesnowman

American food you love

68 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Wendy's seem to be soo much better in canada then here :P

Ugh. Gotta agree about the Wendy's. I'm totally turned off of them in the US. Went to one in Georgia and it was terrible. Tried another in SC and it was even worse. That's the end of them for me. lol

I love Sonic, Red Robin, TGIFridays, Montgomery Inn BBQ Sauce...in general, I'm still in awe when I walk through the grocery store...there's so many more products here than in the U.S.!

i was surprised to see Red Robin here in the US.... I liked them in Canada but I haven't been to one down here yet....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I like most of the mexican food (if that counts as American :lol: )

Also Green Mill and Outback. And Bonfire, too, yummy!

Conditional Permanent Resident since September 20, 2006

Conditions removed February 23, 2009

I am extraordinarily patient,

provided I get my own way in the end!

Margaret Thatcher

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ugh. Gotta agree about the Wendy's. I'm totally turned off of them in the US. Went to one in Georgia and it was terrible. Tried another in SC and it was even worse. That's the end of them for me. lol

I love Sonic, Red Robin, TGIFridays, Montgomery Inn BBQ Sauce...in general, I'm still in awe when I walk through the grocery store...there's so many more products here than in the U.S.!

i was surprised to see Red Robin here in the US.... I liked them in Canada but I haven't been to one down here yet....

Oh wow, I never knew there was Red Robin in Canada!! I lived in Ontario and never saw one!

AOS

AOS Package received in Chicago 4-25-07 (Day 1)

NOA 1 5-01-07 (Day 7)

Cheque Cashed 5-02-07 (Day 8)

Touched 5-04-07 (Day 10)

Biometrics Appointment 5-18-07 (Day 26)

Touched 5-21-07 (Day 29)

Transferred to CSC e-mail 5-25-07 (Day 33)

Touched 5-28-07 (Day 36)

Touched again...feels niiiice! 5-29-07 (Day 37)

Notice of CSC transfer via reg mail 6-01-07 (Day 40)

Touched; 'pending @ CSC' e-mail 6-07-07 (Day 46)

Touched 6-08-07 (Day 47)

Touched 6-10-07 (Day 49)

Touched 6-19-07 (Day 58)

Touched 6-20-07 (Day 59)

Touched 8-31-07 & 9-3-07

Card Production Ordered 10-01-07

Welcome Notice Sent 10-02-07

Lifting of Conditions

Sent 7/13/09

Received at CSC 7/14/09

NOA Receieved (Dated 7/14) 7/18/09

Biometrics Appointment 8/12/09

Touched 8/13/09

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh wow, I never knew there was Red Robin in Canada!! I lived in Ontario and never saw one!

maybe they were only in BC.... I just checked.. it looks like they only had them in Alberta and BC....

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

I personally love Flaming Hot Cheetos and Lays, the spicy KC masterpiece from Lays, laffy taffys, miracle whip. Living in Kansas City I love the steaks and the BBQ ribs. Also love Popeyes Chicken.

Too easy to get fat over here. :)

I love fajitas, I miss Tim Hortons.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Carl's Jr, Applebees, Red Lobster, Jack in the Box, Black Angus, and good ol' McDonald's! :thumbs:

...and most items from Safeway's frozen section... :blush:

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

• 2 weeks later...
My two worst things are Wendys and Waffle House.

Then comes extras like cheesecake (hardly any of that fake ####### in the UK. Real cheesecake!) and baked lays.

There's tons of things but I only got up half an hour ago and can't think of any :whistle:

my favorite's are the little burger joints.. they have some of the best food....

I also like IHOP, they have the best burgers

Chas' absolute favorite is IHOP for their breakfast. He hasn't made it past the brekkie menu to even try the burgers. :lol:

I'm not a huge fan of Red Robin. The burgers aren't THAT much better than other places, and I think they're a bit pricey and for what? Samey burgers? No thanks!

Mainly, Chas can't get over the amount and quality of food that you get here for the (most always) reasonable prices.

SA4userbar.jpg

It's so sad that 'favorite American food' is interpreted as 'your favorite fast food or near-fast-food chain'! We do more than McDonald's!

What about homemade hamburgers? Steak & corn on the cob on the grill! Biscuits & gravy! Barbecue (of all varieties!) Gulf Shrimp! Clams & lobster fresh from the Sound! All of New Mexican cuisine with green chiles for all. Guacamole! Burritos! Creole!

[/rant]

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
It's so sad that 'favorite American food' is interpreted as 'your favorite fast food or near-fast-food chain'! We do more than McDonald's!

I don't think it's being interpreted this way. And if it was, i wouldn't mind - I love fast food! :blush:

What about homemade hamburgers? Steak & corn on the cob on the grill! Biscuits & gravy! Barbecue (of all varieties!) Gulf Shrimp! Clams & lobster fresh from the Sound! All of New Mexican cuisine with green chiles for all. Guacamole! Burritos! Creole!

[/rant]

Hubby makes hamburgers once in a great while, and they are the best!! Love 'em.

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

Claudeth is hooked on McDonalds fries. I myself prefer Benihanas :P

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.