hunnyko

I-130 petition case file recept NOA1?

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I sent in my wife's I-130 petition about 3 weeks ago to the California center and so far, have not gotten anything back from them as a petition case number just postal receipt. Doe's anyone know about how long it should take to get the Noa1 I think it is petetion file case number receipt? So i know they are starting to process her petition? Is this called the NOA1 in the timelines thanks for any help.

David

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

If it's the same as filing at the London Embassy all the NOA1 is, is acknowledge of the receipt of the I-130 and file date.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Hi, I sent in my wife's I-130 petition about 3 weeks ago to the California center and so far, have not gotten anything back from them as a petition case number just postal receipt. Doe's anyone know about how long it should take to get the Noa1 I think it is petetion file case number receipt? So i know they are starting to process her petition? Is this called the NOA1 in the timelines thanks for any help.

David

Hello,

NOA1 is the receipt notice you get from the USCIS confirming that they have received your petition. The formal document number is I-797C, Notice of Action. From the timelines, it appears that NOA1s are usually issued between 1-3 weeks after your petition is received but some have experienced longer waits. Ours was issued about 2 weeks after our petition was received.

Another way of checking to see if they have received your petition is to monitor whether your check has been cashed. Your receipt number should be on the back of your check and you can use it to log on at the USCIS website to confirm that they have received your petition. You can also check your case status that way. We didn't have to rely on the number behind the check though because we got our physical NOA1 in the mail before our check was cashed.

Hope this helps. I think there are some other posts about NOA1s on this forum.

USCIS

July 16 2007 I-130 mailed to TSC

July 19 2007 I-130 delivered to TSC

Aug 2 2007 NOA1 issued by CSC

Aug 6 2007 Check cashed and NOA1 received in mail

Dec 14 2007 NOA2

148 days from delivery of I-130 to NOA2, 134 days from NOA1 to NOA2

NVC

Jan 3 2008 Case received and Case# assigned

Jan 21 2008 DS3032 and AOS Fee Bill generated

Jan 30 2008 DS3032 Couriered from Singapore via UPS

Feb 4 2008 DS3032 delivered to NVC (delivery was late should have arrived Feb 1)

Feb 5 2008 DS3032 entered into NVC system and DS3032 received in mail in Singapore

Feb 11 2008 IV Fee Bill generated

Feb 25 2008 IV Fee Bill received in Singapore (not paid immediately as we were overseas)

Mar 10 2008 IV Fee Bill payment sent by USPS express overnight mail

Mar 17 2008 Payment of IV Fee Bill entered into NVC system

Mar 24 2008 AOS Fee Bill Payment sent via USPS express overnight mail

Week of Apr 7 2008 AOS Generated

Apr 16 2008 DS230 Couriered from Singapore via DHL

Apr 18 2008 DS230 delivered to NVC 9.32 am

Apr 19 2008 AOS I-864EZ sent by USPS express overnight mail

Apr 21 2008 AOS & DS230 entered into NVC system

Apr 30 2008 Case Completed!!!

May 12 2008 NVC issued Appointment Letter

May 24 2008 Received Appointment Letter in the mail in Singapore

June 16 INTERVIEW Visa Approved!!!

333 days from Filing I-130 to Visa Approval

June 23 Collection of Visa

June 30 POE Washington Dulles

I never received my NOA1 in the mail. You can call the customer service line 30 days after the service center received your petition and let them know that you haven't received your NOA 1. This is what I ended up doing and they gave me my receipt number also so that I could check my case status online.

3dflagsdotcom_roman_2faws.gifaheart2.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif

Our CR-1 Timeline

Feb 20, 2010 ~ We will file to remove conditions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I had to do the same. Called them 30 days after they received it and it took them 2½ months to mail to me, 3 days before we were approved. Then it took them another 2 months to send me the paper NOA2. :rolleyes:

Edited by Mononoke28

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

I had to do the same. Called them 30 days after they received it and it took them 2½ months to mail to me, 3 days before we were approved. Then it took them another 2 months to send me the paper NOA2. :rolleyes:

I'm curious to see if the NOA2 arrives in the mail. If not, at least I got the email notice.

3dflagsdotcom_roman_2faws.gifaheart2.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif

Our CR-1 Timeline

Feb 20, 2010 ~ We will file to remove conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm curious to see if the NOA2 arrives in the mail. If not, at least I got the email notice.

yes i did the same called to get my number still havent gotten noa-1 it is 67 days now since they recieved it and sent out from what web page says but NOTHING GOOD LUCK

csc cant get there computers to run right i heard there system went down again didnt see any thing on there press room page

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.