pri

spending more time on VJ

82 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I would have to ask him if he minds ... of course he is still 4000 miles away from me .. and I cant ask him now because he is sleeping.

I-130

2005-09-23 Sent I-130.

2005-10-05 I-130 NOA1

2006-02-19 *touched*

2006-02-21 RFE

2006-03-09 RFE received by CSC

2006-03-29 I-130 NOA2

2006-03-31 *touched*

2006-04-01 *touched*

2006-04-12 NVC assigned case number

I-129F

2005-11-18 I-129F Sent

2005-11-29 I-129F NOA1

2005-12-27 I-129F RFE :(

2006-01-13 I-129F RFE Reply sent.

2006-01-25 *touched*

2006-01-26 I-129F RFE received

2006-04-04 *touched*

2006-04-04 NOA2 **approved!!!**

2006-04-20 NVC assigned case number

2006-04-21 case forwarded to embassy

2006-04-26 packet 3 received

2006-05-02 packet 3 sent

2006-05-04 packet 4 received

2006-05-15 Interview in Stockholm **APPROVED**

2006-05-23 My sweetie is coming home!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Jerry doesn't mind me spending time/posting on VJ, since I usually do it during the day while he's at work, or late at night while I am waiting for him to wrap up whatever he is working and go to bed. We both spend lots of time together, but there are times when he has to work on side projects (for extra cash) -- those times I use the laptop and play WoW or surf the net, or read. :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
I would have to ask him if he minds ... of course he is still 4000 miles away from me .. and I cant ask him now because he is sleeping.

I don't mind.

EAD

2006-05-26 Sent I-765

2006-05-xx Rejected: wrong fee

2006-06-xx Resent I-765

2006-06-xx Rejected: wrong fee

2006-06-xx Resent I-765

2006-06-26 Received by USCIS

2006-07-03 *touched*

2006-07-25 Biometrics

2006-08-01 APPROVED!

2006-08-02 *touched*

AOS

2007-04-24 Sent I-485

2007-05-02 NOA date

2007-05-09 *touched*

2007-06-01 Biometrics

2007-06-01 *touched*

2007-11-16 interview

2007-11-21 *touched*

I don't mind.

:lol::thumbs:

I don't mind.

you are a right thinking type of guy :thumbs:

I don't mind.

welcome to vj

Edited by almaty2004

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Interesting post, Al.

My wife doesn't mind me VJing but she hates hearing about it. She thinks it's dumb and lame even though VJ is the #2 reason her visajourney went so damn well. #1 reason was pure dumb luck.

But in general my wife thinks I spend too much time watching TV or on the computer in general. So I just tell her I'm "working" when I'm on the PC and then she doesn't mind. That she likes. She also thinks I'm not hard-working enough. Which I'm not, I might add.

I like that part I am working on my PC :lol::lol::lol:

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

wht luck i dont hv web acess at home or else more nagging :lol::lol:

well reading all the post i feel most partners do nag so mine is a no different

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My fiance doesn't mind but my dog pugs sure does. He lays across my chest (computer is beside bed so i can lay down ) and trys to prevent me from scrolling and reading imformation on vj. :lol:

5-2005/ met online

11-4-2005/ went to see him in republic of georgia

11-25-2005 returned home

01-17-2006/ sent I129F to <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->nsc<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02-->

01-23-2006/ packet was recieved and signed for

01-23-2006 / NOA 1

01-26-2006/ check was cashed

01-31-2006/ recieved NOA 1 in mail

03-23-2006/ NOA 2 - oh yeah

03-27-2006/ touched

03-30-2006/ recieved NOA 2 in mail

04-07-2006-petition was sent to nvc

04-19-2006/petition got entered into nvc system recieved case number

05-30-2006/ interview date ( yahoo)

05-30-2006/he was put on a/p

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
Then we know other people where every time we see them, the wives of the marriages are out doing one thing while the husbands are together doing something else. It's interesting to see the differences. All of us are friends with each other, women and men both, so we never think of segregating the genders when making plans. So Sujeet and I are together during every possible activity outside of work. :D

I think it's rather good to have outside interests, activities, plans, goals, hobbies...whatever you want to call them. We aren't cut from the same cloth, so I wouldn't expect him to be interested or even want to do everything with me, and vice versa. And I enjoy his nights out with the boys as much as he does...hahahahaa! I mean why would I want to go to some stinky punk gig and moan about being there, making him have less of a good time, when he can do that with someone who is just as enthusiastic about the gig as him? Also, there is nothing wrong with just being in the same room, if not occupied with the same activity. We don't need to have all of our attention focused on each other all the time we are together. :no:

BUT that said...he DOES watch Gilmore Girls with me... :thumbs::yes::lol:

Once in awhile Sujeet will end up watching Gilmore girls with me, after he says how stupid it is. :D

We do have a lot of different interests(I like music, certain Tv shows, decorating/he likes figuring out technical things, likes watching the news, programming things, etc hehe), and we do sometimes sit in the same room doing different things and it just feels nice being around eachother even if we are not doing the same thing. We just get irritated if the other stays on the computer for hours straight while we're both home, because it's in it's own room away from everything else. Sujeet is gone about 12hours per day so we try to spend time together a lot when he's not at work. And on the weekends, we both like doing the same stuff so we don't make separate plans. We really enjoy doing things together all the time, and doing things together with all our friends. Maybe it's cuz he works long days(salary jobs, I'm sure you know how it is!). I know it's different from couple to couple and I'm sure in the future we would do separate things from time to time after being married longer.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Timeline
Then we know other people where every time we see them, the wives of the marriages are out doing one thing while the husbands are together doing something else. It's interesting to see the differences. All of us are friends with each other, women and men both, so we never think of segregating the genders when making plans. So Sujeet and I are together during every possible activity outside of work. :D

I think it's rather good to have outside interests, activities, plans, goals, hobbies...whatever you want to call them. We aren't cut from the same cloth, so I wouldn't expect him to be interested or even want to do everything with me, and vice versa. And I enjoy his nights out with the boys as much as he does...hahahahaa! I mean why would I want to go to some stinky punk gig and moan about being there, making him have less of a good time, when he can do that with someone who is just as enthusiastic about the gig as him? Also, there is nothing wrong with just being in the same room, if not occupied with the same activity. We don't need to have all of our attention focused on each other all the time we are together. :no:

BUT that said...he DOES watch Gilmore Girls with me... :thumbs::yes::lol:

Once in awhile Sujeet will end up watching Gilmore girls with me, after he says how stupid it is. :D

We do have a lot of different interests(I like music, certain Tv shows, decorating/he likes figuring out technical things, likes watching the news, programming things, etc hehe), and we do sometimes sit in the same room doing different things and it just feels nice being around eachother even if we are not doing the same thing. We just get irritated if the other stays on the computer for hours straight while we're both home, because it's in it's own room away from everything else. Sujeet is gone about 12hours per day so we try to spend time together a lot when he's not at work. And on the weekends, we both like doing the same stuff so we don't make separate plans. We really enjoy doing things together all the time, and doing things together with all our friends. Maybe it's cuz he works long days(salary jobs, I'm sure you know how it is!). I know it's different from couple to couple and I'm sure in the future we would do separate things from time to time after being married longer.

nizzar and i are the same way. when we're home together, we like to do stuff with one another (although, in this city, we're quickly running out of things to do). but being in the same room is nice. he spends more time on the computer than i do (although, not on vj), and sometimes that bothers me (not recently, though ... when we first got married it was more of a problem. we talked about it, and he doesn't spend as much time on it now -- though i'm not going to be so unfair that i never let him do his own thing. i think we have a nice balance.)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I hate to say this, but we're married, not joined at the hip! For the first six months we spent every waking moment we could together in the same room but now we do our own thing... we don't even always sit down and eat together - if he's busy working on something sometimes I take his food into the bedroom (where his PC is) and then I eat at my computer desk in my craftroom...

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

I have to say I never come on here when John is at home. I do pop in when I am having a break and a cuppa or to catch up with how some people are doing :)

Posted 129f to VERMONT 4th March 2004.

Recieved first NOAL 8th March 2004.

NOA2 dated 23rd April 2004.

Recieved packet 3, 13th May 2004.

Hoping for an August Interview!

Court hearing for permission to take children 2nd August!

Interview Date August 5th!

Got visas,Yessssssssssss!

Fly out the 16th August to be with my lovely John.

Married October 30th, 2004!

Posted off AOS , and AP on the 13th November 2004.

Now more waitng begins............................

NOAs for 1-485,>,AP recieved 25th Nov,2004 dated 19th Nov,2004.

Biometrics/fingerprints appointment made for 22 December 2004.

AP approved on the 5th Jan 2005.

EAD approved on the 7th Jan 2005.

recieved on the 13th Jan 2005.

AP recieved on the 14th Jan 2005.

Passed driving test on the 2nd Feb,2005!

AOS interview date July 2005!

AOS Approved!!!!

April 25th 2007 Vermont recieve paperwork for I-751

Refiled June 26th

Card ordered Dec 18th 2007

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I used to be on VJ alot thru the day when I wasn't working. :yes:

My husband works all days so never took time away from him being on it thru the day.

Now that I am working thru the day, I will come on and read some threads thru the evening for a bit.

Plus I like going into chat at nite to talk with my VJ friends.

Roger also likes to go online.

He likes checking the scores of hockey games on the net, or posting on the message boards .

We dont spend that much time during the weekend online.

I will come on VJ thou if he is watching hockey.

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Wake him up, this is important!

:lol::lol::lol:

Posted 129f to VERMONT 4th March 2004.

Recieved first NOAL 8th March 2004.

NOA2 dated 23rd April 2004.

Recieved packet 3, 13th May 2004.

Hoping for an August Interview!

Court hearing for permission to take children 2nd August!

Interview Date August 5th!

Got visas,Yessssssssssss!

Fly out the 16th August to be with my lovely John.

Married October 30th, 2004!

Posted off AOS , and AP on the 13th November 2004.

Now more waitng begins............................

NOAs for 1-485,>,AP recieved 25th Nov,2004 dated 19th Nov,2004.

Biometrics/fingerprints appointment made for 22 December 2004.

AP approved on the 5th Jan 2005.

EAD approved on the 7th Jan 2005.

recieved on the 13th Jan 2005.

AP recieved on the 14th Jan 2005.

Passed driving test on the 2nd Feb,2005!

AOS interview date July 2005!

AOS Approved!!!!

April 25th 2007 Vermont recieve paperwork for I-751

Refiled June 26th

Card ordered Dec 18th 2007