happyscrub

Visa interview canceled because I filed for non immigrant appointment!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Madagascar
Timeline

Is this normal? The k1 visa is a non immigrant visa. Doing the DS-160 and scheduling the appointment, I did everything under non immigrant. Someone called my fiancée (beneficiary) that they canceled their appointment because I shouldn't have filed it as non immigrant. Is this normal? I'm hoping someone didn't know what they were doing when they canceled our interview 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Madagascar
Timeline
2 hours ago, Nashmusah said:

Please clarify your points well . Who are you referring to someone,  are you saying the embassy or what  ? 

However,  if you are referring to the embassy,  is good to call back and confirm, that will enable you to know your next step. 

The embassy. I just left there and I was upset and let them have it too. But they said the k1 visa is handled on days they do interviews for immigrant visas.  There was some mistranslation somewhere to where I was under the impression that I made a mistake and that I needed to fix it. But the person I talked to said the embassy is handling it and they will reschedule it soon and notify us when the new appointment will be.

9 hours ago, happyscrub said:

The embassy. I just left there and I was upset and let them have it too. But they said the k1 visa is handled on days they do interviews for immigrant visas.  There was some mistranslation somewhere to where I was under the impression that I made a mistake and that I needed to fix it. But the person I talked to said the embassy is handling it and they will reschedule it soon and notify us when the new appointment will be.

The fiancé(e) K-1 nonimmigrant visa is for the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) of a United States (U.S.) citizen. The K-1 visa permits the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) to travel to the United States and marry his or her U.S. citizen sponsor within 90 days of arrival. 

1 minute ago, Nashmusah said:

The fiancé(e) K-1 nonimmigrant visa is for the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) of a United States (U.S.) citizen. The K-1 visa permits the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) to travel to the United States and marry his or her U.S. citizen sponsor within 90 days of arrival. 

If the person you talked to happen to work in the embassy, then wait for their response, they will definitely email you about their finalize on your case 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
12 hours ago, happyscrub said:

Is this normal? The k1 visa is a non immigrant visa. Doing the DS-160 and scheduling the appointment, I did everything under non immigrant. Someone called my fiancée (beneficiary) that they canceled their appointment because I shouldn't have filed it as non immigrant. Is this normal? I'm hoping someone didn't know what they were doing when they canceled our interview 

while on the US side the K-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa, embassies process K-1 visas (including the interview) as immigrant visas (meaning the immigrant visa side of the embassy is the part that processes it).

it is weird and doesnt make a lot of sense. that is probably why they canceled the interview, because it was with the non-immigrant visa department and not the immigrant visa department like it should have been.

I-129f Sent:  08-07-2023

I-129f NOA1:  08-15-2023

I-129f NOA2: 03-05-2024

NVC Case # Assigned:  03-25-2024

Consulate Received: 04-11-2024

Packet 3 Received: 04-25-2024

Interview Date: 07-09-2024!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 hours ago, happyscrub said:

DS-160 part is correct, but K-1 interviews are done by immigrant visa unit at the Embassy and have to be scheduled under Immigrant. How you do it, depends on your specific Embassy. Generally you have to pay MRV fee of $265 USD before you can schedule it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.