Dragonsarereal

Application still ‘refused’ on website despite having sent the correct documents

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello there,

so we had our embassy interview on March 13th and the officer said she has no concern regarding the relationship, but I needed to provide a divorce certificate and a death certificate on behalf of my fiancée. They also asked for the original, and not a certified copy, of those documents. So we were approved pending the receiving of the docs, but on paper it says refused.

so I diligently got all those documents, took me over two months, and the courier finally delivered them in a week, and not in a day, and I know they were at the embassy on Wednesday.

The divorce decree is actually a certified copy, made by the court as they do not rss originals. The rest is original.

anyway this morning I check my status online, which was previously as ‘send documents’ and ‘refused’.

now I saw that it was updated yesterday, still refused, and it indicates the documents have been received.

i am freaking out. Surely after receiving the documents they should just get on and approve this?

and I cannot contact anyone to ask questions, all I get is generic copy and paste type replies after a week, totally useless.

how and when will I know what’s going on?

thanks!

36 minutes ago, Dragonsarereal said:

Hello there,

so we had our embassy interview on March 13th and the officer said she has no concern regarding the relationship, but I needed to provide a divorce certificate and a death certificate on behalf of my fiancée. They also asked for the original, and not a certified copy, of those documents. So we were approved pending the receiving of the docs, but on paper it says refused.

so I diligently got all those documents, took me over two months, and the courier finally delivered them in a week, and not in a day, and I know they were at the embassy on Wednesday.

The divorce decree is actually a certified copy, made by the court as they do not rss originals. The rest is original.

anyway this morning I check my status online, which was previously as ‘send documents’ and ‘refused’.

now I saw that it was updated yesterday, still refused, and it indicates the documents have been received.

i am freaking out. Surely after receiving the documents they should just get on and approve this?

and I cannot contact anyone to ask questions, all I get is generic copy and paste type replies after a week, totally useless.

how and when will I know what’s going on?

thanks!

If they were only delivered on Wed then it’s far too soon for approval. Your envelope is probably sitting in a big pile still waiting to be opened. 

If that’s all they need then it’ll maybe be 2-3 weeks as a rough guess. 

Good luck. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Posted (edited)

Also, "refused" does not mean "denied".  A few years ago for some reason the consulates started using the term "refused" instead of "administrative processing" to indicate a visa has not been "issued" yet, but is still under consideration.  It took you a couple of months to get the documents you should have already had, it may take a consulate some time to process and verify them before they can make a final decision on the visa.

Good Luck!

Edited by Dashinka

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
10 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

If they were only delivered on Wed then it’s far too soon for approval. Your envelope is probably sitting in a big pile still waiting to be opened. 

If that’s all they need then it’ll maybe be 2-3 weeks as a rough guess. 

Good luck. 

Thank you! Yes, the status is ‘send documents’. But in their site it days it takes two to five days to make that decision…gosh I am so freaking out it’s unbelievable, I can’t exchange contracts for my property, send my belongings or book tickets as we are having to this decision! Wha ha ha , not funny at all 😂😎😏

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

Also, "refused" does not mean "denied".  A few years ago for some reason the consulates started using the term "refused" instead of "administrative processing" to indicate a visa has not been "issued" yet, but is still under consideration.  It took you a couple of months to get the documents you should have already had, it may take a consulate some time to process and verify them before they can make a final decision on the visa.

Good Luck!

So true, my boyfriend says it’s only a silly admin term. In the instructions they never say to bring the documents of your fiancée. Yey say, if YOU have been divorced or widow, being the documents. It never stated anywhere in the entire website, if your fiancée has been…then bring his documents. He sent his papers in March and they have not arrived here yet, so he sent them again with a 93 dollar cost for immediate delivery and that’s what we provided…..

10 minutes ago, Dragonsarereal said:

Thank you! Yes, the status is ‘send documents’. But in their site it days it takes two to five days to make that decision…gosh I am so freaking out it’s unbelievable, I can’t exchange contracts for my property, send my belongings or book tickets as we are having to this decision! Wha ha ha , not funny at all 😂😎😏

Not sure where it says that but it shouldn’t! I’ve never heard of it being that quick, that’s usually only for those approved at the interview. 

Hope you get the decision soon so you can crack on with everything. 

Good luck. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Dragonsarereal said:

So true, my boyfriend says it’s only a silly admin term. In the instructions they never say to bring the documents of your fiancée. Yey say, if YOU have been divorced or widow, being the documents. It never stated anywhere in the entire website, if your fiancée has been…then bring his documents. He sent his papers in March and they have not arrived here yet, so he sent them again with a 93 dollar cost for immediate delivery and that’s what we provided…..

Well the good thing is you provided the documents, and it is my understanding that the UK consulate is fairly efficient so hopefully you will get good news soon.

Good Luck! 

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 5/9/2024 at 12:14 PM, Dashinka said:

Well the good thing is you provided the documents, and it is my understanding that the UK consulate is fairly efficient so hopefully you will get good news soon.

Good Luck! 

On 5/9/2024 at 12:43 PM, Dragonsarereal said:

Thank you very much!

yes the visa arrived after a week! Now fighting with the custom forms in the removal company site!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.