James1998

Deportation documents & CBP FOAI [merged threads]

58 posts in this topic

Hi! I am currently at NVC stage and gathering all civil documents. one document I need to obtain is “deportation document” as I stupidly overstayed an esta by 2 days a few years back and got removed from the US. I can’t seem to find what I’m looking for on Google, any help? Thanks in advance ! 

I am a UK citizen and my husband is a US citizen 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

FOIA

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I assume Department of State.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, James1998 said:

Thankyou for your quick response. I have looked on the website but I can’t figure out what agency I need to select 

If you were trying to enter on the ESTA and got stopped and ER ( expedited removal ) , then you FOIA CBP . Give details of POE , date , correct biographic info

I doubt you were picked from within for a few days overstay. 

What is the story…pray tell

12 hours ago, James1998 said:

Hi! I am currently at NVC stage and gathering all civil documents. one document I need to obtain is “deportation document” as I stupidly overstayed an esta by 2 days a few years back and got removed from the US. I can’t seem to find what I’m looking for on Google, any help? Thanks in advance ! 

I am a UK citizen and my husband is a US citizen 

How do you get deported for overstaying 2 days? Like can you explain what happened exactly, normally CBP would just cancel ESTA because you violated it on the way out. Did this happen when you came to visit later and they denied you entry?

I'd guess that CBP would likely be the right agency to FOIA. You can probably also send one to EOIR, USCIS, ICE, and the Department of State and see what happens.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

33 minutes ago, Demise said:

How do you get deported for overstaying 2 days? Like can you explain what happened exactly, normally CBP would just cancel ESTA because you violated it on the way out. Did this happen when you came to visit later and they denied you entry?

I'd guess that CBP would likely be the right agency to FOIA. You can probably also send one to EOIR, USCIS, ICE, and the Department of State and see what happens.

I entered on an esta after overstaying previously. Silly time in my life! 

12 minutes ago, James1998 said:

I entered on an esta after overstaying previously. Silly time in my life! 

Does that  mean you attempted to enter and denied entry , if so then CBP has your record.

Was anything marked in your passport? What year did this happen?
If you actually got ER , there will be a 5 year bar…

Was the prior overstay less than 6 months. 

I was denied entry, yes it was over 5 years ago and I was not banned just banned from ever using an esta again. The overstay was 2 days on an esta (stupidly didn’t realise I overstayed and then flew back a few months later on a different esta and got pulled aside in the airport). Very naive girl at that point in my life.

Filed: Timeline
Posted (edited)

Department of State has nothing to do with ESTA or anything dealing with a Port if Entry, so there would be no records there to be FOIA-ed.  CBP would be the agency with records.  Didn’t you get a document when they denied you entry  (like an I-877)?

Edited by jan22

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.