my_gf_wants_cr1

I-751 evidence - detailed mobile bill needed?

15 posts in this topic

As per my post history, we are preparing our I-751 evidence.

We have a lot of solid evidence - basically everything except for kids (got non) and shared assets (no house of our own).

We printed out our mobile bills as one of the utilities which prove the address AND shows mine and spouse's mobile number under the same account.

The idea was also to show we called each other.

Now, it seems like it's kind of an overkill, we have around 150 pages of just the mobile bills.

Even our bank / credit card statements aren't that big.

Do we actually need to send all of that?

No need to send those phone statements/bills, that is absolute overkill. And for the bank statements, just send in one for each quarter of the last couple of years, USCIS will get the idea. 

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Follow Daphne's advice.

In addition, shop for a lawyer who can draft wills, medical & financial powers of attorney, and similar estate documents.  These make superlative evidence for ROC, and they're even more crucial to have in "life."  Remember that if you move from one U.S. state to another, your Will may need to be redone.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

8 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Follow Daphne's advice.

In addition, shop for a lawyer who can draft wills, medical & financial powers of attorney, and similar estate documents.  These make superlative evidence for ROC, and they're even more crucial to have in "life."  Remember that if you move from one U.S. state to another, your Will may need to be redone.

I did not even think about wills and powers, I didn't see it a lot when I looked online for what evidence to submit.

Our -90 days clock is hitting today and we would like to submit the package ASAP rather than gather even more evidence.

Thanks for the advice! If we do get RFE (I doubt it?), that's another thing we can do later to help us.

We have a lot of pretty good documents, I think.

21 hours ago, Daphne . said:

No need to send those phone statements/bills, that is absolute overkill. And for the bank statements, just send in one for each quarter of the last couple of years, USCIS will get the idea. 

16 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Follow Daphne's advice.

What do you both think about 2023 Federal tax returns (this year's)?

We have submitted it to IRS but obviously, no transcript yet.

We are thinking of printing all of it (60 pages) and submitting those.

43 minutes ago, my_gf_wants_cr1 said:

In my case tax return transcript was available 3-4 weeks after filing taxes. Maybe worth waiting? 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, OldUser said:

In my case tax return transcript was available 3-4 weeks after filing taxes. Maybe worth waiting? 

I don't know, some places say 6-8 weeks...

We have all other evidence, seems "risky" to wait potentially 2 months just for a filing that we can add later (I saw it's even possible to add online).

Worst case it's not like we can't submit the 60 pages...no?

Edited by my_gf_wants_cr1
Added info

50 minutes ago, my_gf_wants_cr1 said:

2 minutes ago, my_gf_wants_cr1 said:

I don't know, some places say 6-8 weeks...

We have all other evidence, seems "risky" to wait potentially 2 months just for a filing that we can add later (I saw it's even possible to add online).

Worst case it's not like we can't submit the 60 pages...no?

I agree with @OldUser, just wait.

If you can't or don't want, just include a letter stating you have not received the transcripts and will send them if they require them.

I personally don't see the point of sending all those 60 pages.

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

2 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

I agree with @OldUser, just wait.

If you can't or don't want, just include a letter stating you have not received the transcripts and will send them if they require them.

I personally don't see the point of sending all those 60 pages.

We noted that in the cover letter.

The cover letter states which appendices we added, and here is the relevant one:

Appendix 3 - Finances

• Statements of our joint checking account, with transaction history.

• Federal tax returns for 2022-2023, married filing jointly; 2023 transcript is missing because we submitted the return just last week.

• State tax returns for 2022-2023, married filing jointly.

• Etc...

There are more there, I omitted them here for clarity.

22 minutes ago, my_gf_wants_cr1 said:

We noted that in the cover letter.

The cover letter states which appendices we added, and here is the relevant one:

There are more there, I omitted them here for clarity.

You are fine, don't send the 60 pages.

Unfortunately, the process will very likely take over a year so they will probably require you to send newer evidence, such as next year's transcripts. So, send what you have and hopefully they will approve without requesting further evidence.

Good luck!

1 minute ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

You are fine, don't send the 60 pages.

Unfortunately, the process will very likely take over a year so they will probably require you to send newer evidence, such as next year's transcripts. So, send what you have and hopefully they will approve without requesting further evidence.

Good luck!

That's what we also assume will happen anyway, and by then we will have more evidence.

The other part is that 1 year from now, spouse will be able to apply for naturalization anyway!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Zero need to show that you're talking to each other on the phone a lot, after all you're supposed to be living together. One page to show that you have the same billing address is the only relevant bit.

2 hours ago, NorthByNorthwest said:

Zero need to show that you're talking to each other on the phone a lot, after all you're supposed to be living together. One page to show that you have the same billing address is the only relevant bit.

Agreed, but submitting one page of a bill may trigger RFE. I wouldn't submit this evidence unless there was no other evidence.

2 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Agreed, but submitting one page of a bill may trigger RFE. I wouldn't submit this evidence unless there was no other evidence.

we have other evidence with the same address.

Luckily, we never changed address since we move here together, so ALL documents show the same address except for the original lease which shows our previous residence.

The electric utility bill only shows spouse's name because that's what they allow, and I thought it'd help to add the mobile bill which only shows my name, so they kinda "cancel out each other".

30 minutes ago, my_gf_wants_cr1 said:

we have other evidence with the same address.

Luckily, we never changed address since we move here together, so ALL documents show the same address except for the original lease which shows our previous residence.

The electric utility bill only shows spouse's name because that's what they allow, and I thought it'd help to add the mobile bill which only shows my name, so they kinda "cancel out each other".

I bet you have lots of evidence already. Don't overthink and don't get stressed.

We didn't send THAT much and were approved... after getting an RFE, responding, being transferred twice, being placed in the queue for an interview and then randomly approved like a million years after we filed. LOL! 🤣

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.