1,241 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
23 hours ago, Risen said:

It's a Double blessing today. Today is my birthday and I went for an interview I got approved immediately, before I got home a new card is been produce.

Here is my Timeline

Marriage base AOS Octomber 2019

Changed to vawa August 2020

RFE good moral Octomber,  submitted November 2020.

Divorce December 2020

Vawa approved December 17 2022

Interview schedule April 18,2024

Got approved immediately.

Note: I went with my medical which I did a year ago ,it was accepted, I thought I would need a new one, officer said it's still valid. 

I wont call it an  interview, I was only asked 3 question about security. the officer corrected my old AOS like address , marital status and job. 

So if you have a pending old 1-485 you might be call for interview for them to have up to date information about you, but if you submitted new 1-485 with your vawa petition or file later you will be mostly he among those interview will be waived.

Thank you vawa family.

Thank you for your reply @Sandra G. You saved me $500 for attorney fee, I went alone. 

Congratulations, praise the Lord.

Timeline
On 4/17/2024 at 6:05 PM, i-need-help-pls said:

Thanks Sandra, I think number 2 ( Emergencies) is my point because It's Emergency for me to attend the funereal of my father who died on March 22, 2024.   

What I have now as supporting documents is Burial arrangement flyer.   What else do I need to add to the application to expedite the process ?

Sorry for your loss.Submit a copy of the death certificate and the flyer as well.

Timeline
17 hours ago, magicmike said:

Hi friends,

Need some urgent advice on AOS Interview.

Thank you so much for your advice last time. USCIS has scheduled my AOS interview for May 2024 in the previous city that I lived in. I have moved to a new State a few months ago and I have filed the AR11 right after the move to update the new address in the USCIS system.
Can you please advise me what should I do at this point? Should I still go to the AOS interview in the previous state I lived in or should I get the interview rescheduled?
Will getting the interview rescheduled further delay my case?

Thanks for all the advice.

I answered your private message .

Timeline
On 4/18/2024 at 3:03 AM, ogbeni sifu said:

Vawa got approved online, received a prima facie instead of approval notice. It's been 3 months now, still not approval notice, and no C31 EAD. What are my options? is this normal? I-360 filed in 2021. 

Contact your congressperson asap.

13 minutes ago, Sandra G. said:

If your attorney never received a denial letter regarding your l485 then it means your l485 can still be used to adjust status,  and you don’t have to contact them to inquire about this.

How long does it take them to transfer my i360 to local office? I am seeing some people waiting for couple years. I’ve been waiting for 4 I don’t want to wait years for them to put my cases together. That’s why I was asking if I should inquire about it. But I guess @Sandra G. you recommend just to wait

Timeline
On 4/12/2024 at 1:04 PM, i-need-help-pls said:

Hello Family,

Please I need to confirm if I need to pay USCIS fee for the Advance Parole and Work Authorization applications in my case with pending VAWA since 2018.

I would like to inquire whether it is necessary to include a note with my applications to USCIS, indicating that I am filing these forms independently, as opposed to through legal representation. I am considering managing the application process myself, rather than utilizing the services of my attorney because of her fees.

If you paid the USCIS just send a copy of the l485 receipt, but if  you filed form l912 before then you have to refile again form l912 to send along with form l131/l765

On 2/6/2024 at 4:14 PM, cashweeed said:

Hello guys,

I have not been able to log in using my old account therefore, had to open a new one with a similar name. I had to find a way to come back here and give my testimony. I promised a few years ago that I will come back here to write about the outcome of my vawa application whether negative or positive. 

I am a vawa applicant who started a vawa processing while abroad in 2019 and have been able to follow it through till completion. It was a long journey and a very hard one, but God finally did it for me. I received my Ib1 visa through consular process end of last year and entered the USA without any problems in january. No questions asked. I carried my own yellow file and handed it to an officer who took me to a secondary room. He took my picture and finger prints. Took my passport and returned it within 2 minutes. And told me welcome to USA.  I couldn't believe it. Those who are applying from abroad. Keep pushing. Don't give up. God is going to make away for you. My journey started in 2019 and ended successfully in 2023. God bless you all.

Hi fam! Thanks for sharing your journey as it’s rare to find people who are doing vawa abroad. 

do you mind sharing your interview experience? What kind of questions did they ask you? 

I know only 2 people who did it abroad and they said they were interrogated about the abuse and everything in details.

So, I have my interview coming up at USCIS. Any idea what questions they will ask, I know they're really only supposed to go over the yes/no questions but I rather know of any curveballs they might throw.

I did hire a lawyer to interview prep me and go there in person with me, but you know, definitely anxious about it all since getting denied right on the finish line would be awful.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

I’m wondering, I’m waiting my case decision since 2019, I tried to contact my local congressman totally 10 times, congressperson helped me for expedited request. All the time uscis response was my case is under security check, sometimes background check . Uscis didn’t consider my expedited request because of my security check wasn’t completed. I don’t get expedited denied, they not even considered. I’m thinking about writ of Mandamus.Can I be denied for reason because my security check has not been completed? After I send mandamus? Do you have experience about mandamus? Is always asking RFE after mandamus? 

8 hours ago, Demise said:

So, I have my interview coming up at USCIS. Any idea what questions they will ask, I know they're really only supposed to go over the yes/no questions but I rather know of any curveballs they might throw.

I did hire a lawyer to interview prep me and go there in person with me, but you know, definitely anxious about it all since getting denied right on the finish line would be awful.

I was feeling thesame way few days ago, but it was pretty easy.  I was not asked about previous marriage or abuse. officer only asked about security threat questions, updated my old 1-485. I  have seen alot of people saying same thing about vawa interview. The interview only took 15min.. make sure you have all the documents related to your immigration journey with you, you may need it , divorce decree if any and medical, you will be okay. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
10 hours ago, Demise said:

definitely anxious about it all

This is only natural.  Anything that you're feeling is normal and acceptable.

If you have butterflies in your stomach, get them to fly in formation.  :) 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
12 hours ago, Marcela24 said:

I’m wondering, I’m waiting my case decision since 2019, I tried to contact my local congressman totally 10 times, congressperson helped me for expedited request. All the time uscis response was my case is under security check, sometimes background check . Uscis didn’t consider my expedited request because of my security check wasn’t completed. I don’t get expedited denied, they not even considered. I’m thinking about writ of Mandamus.Can I be denied for reason because my security check has not been completed? After I send mandamus? Do you have experience about mandamus? Is always asking RFE after mandamus? 

Yes you can be denied if security checks are not completed

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.