1,211 posts in this topic

On 2/6/2024 at 4:14 PM, cashweeed said:

Hello guys,

I have not been able to log in using my old account therefore, had to open a new one with a similar name. I had to find a way to come back here and give my testimony. I promised a few years ago that I will come back here to write about the outcome of my vawa application whether negative or positive. 

I am a vawa applicant who started a vawa processing while abroad in 2019 and have been able to follow it through till completion. It was a long journey and a very hard one, but God finally did it for me. I received my Ib1 visa through consular process end of last year and entered the USA without any problems in january. No questions asked. I carried my own yellow file and handed it to an officer who took me to a secondary room. He took my picture and finger prints. Took my passport and returned it within 2 minutes. And told me welcome to USA.  I couldn't believe it. Those who are applying from abroad. Keep pushing. Don't give up. God is going to make away for you. My journey started in 2019 and ended successfully in 2023. God bless you all.

Congratulations fam! I’m currently going through the same process for years now. Can I send you a DM regarding your interview experience? Thank you 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 3/14/2024 at 8:54 PM, Poupis said:

Good evening!

Which office sends the deficiency letter/medical exam RFE? Vermont or our local office?

My vawa got approved in the beginning of October 2023, and last week I went to my local office (had an info pass) - I was sure my file was already in my local office but when I got there the officer told me that my files are still in Vermont, and that Vermont is the one asking me for medical or then if they think I will need an interview they will send to my local office - She seems like she really wanted to help, she went in and out her office couple of times to check but she was positive about my cause still in Vermont and not my local office

Does this make sense? I always though they transfer and then my local office is the one deciding if I need an interview or not.

She also mentioned that Vermont was already done doing my biometric and going to the next step (which I don't know what it is)

What do you guys think? Does it take that long (5 months+) to Vermont transfer the  files??

It is sent by NBC office. Your file has not left yet not uncommon. No one knows timeframe period of file transfers. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It's Sunday -- time for our highly effective* Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

*at prying loose approvals and good news, if correlation = causation

=============================

LETTER FROM AMERICAN TOURIST TO QUEBEC TOURIST BUREAU

"I enjoyed attending my recent convention in Montreal.  However, I don't understand Canada.  Half of you speak French, and the other half let them."

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

On 3/15/2024 at 2:30 PM, Dreamer7 said:

Feb 2022 i360 was showing “approved” today I got another notification “new card is being produced” 

Is this for ead? I’ve already got renewed ead which is good for 5 years

Yeah that's the C31 EAD. Basically there's a box on the I-360 for VAWA cases "I'm in the United States and request an Employment Authorization Document" if you tick it, upon I-360 approval they will issue you a C31 EAD. You can have multiple EADs, just use the C09 one since it's the better deal.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: Other Timeline
On 3/12/2024 at 1:07 PM, FirstTimer said:

Finally, today my GC got approved. What a relax ☺️ 

thanks all family members here for supporting and guiding me on every step.

Congratulations 

IMG_5278.thumb.jpeg.aaeffd7e469ff6544a210c7ecec6ab6f.jpeg

Filed: Other Timeline
On 3/10/2024 at 1:05 PM, SamIAm876 said:

Hi everyone,

I am a past VAWA recipient and filed my citizenship 2 years and 9 months as my spouse was a us citizen.

I filed online and just followed the instructions online. I do not have any information regarding paper filing. I found it easier to file online because the update documents uscis sends you in the mail can be found online in your uscis account before you get them in the mail. 

July 28 2023 - We received your form N-400 ( online application) 
August 10 2023 - We are actively reviewing your form N-400 nothing shows outstanding at the moment (biometric waived) 
September 27 2023 - We scheduled your interview for your for N-400
November 2 20203 - Interview (only asked questions on the form my name, place of employment, date of birth etc., did the oral, written, and history test. I call it history test) and he scheduled my oth ceremony on spot and gave me the information to take to the oath ceremony 
December 1 2023 Oath Ceremony

i am currently in the processes of filing for my mom and just a month after submitting her application they requested the medical which I didn’t send with the application and we are about to get her biometric done. 

Good luck to everyone on their journey.

@SamIAm876 Congratulations !

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi Family

On March 12th, 2024 USCIS approved my I485 but since than there is no changes. I didn't even receive approval notice. Any idea, after approval of I485 how long USCIS sends your GC.

3 minutes ago, FirstTimer said:

the ya didn’t even send my approval notice. Does that even takes that long?

Yes. 2-3 weeks to get a notice in the mail by USPS.

Once green card is produced, you can wait for 3-4 weeks for it to arrive.

If you don't receive it by mid April (15-19) that's when you can start worrying. I'm sure this is not the first time you deal with USCIS and USPS?

Edited by OldUser

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It's Wednesday, and time for our Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

========================================

MALE CHAUVINIST PIG RIDDLES

How many men does it take to open a beer?
  None.  It should be opened by the time she brings it.
   ----------------------------------------
Why is a Laundromat a really bad place to pick up a woman?
  Because a woman who can't even afford a washing machine will probably never be able to support you.
Why do women have smaller feet than men?
  It's one of those "evolutionary things" that allows them to stand closer to the kitchen sink.
How do you know when a woman is about to say something smart?
  When she starts her sentence with "A man once told me..."
How do you fix a woman's watch?
  You don't.  There's a clock on the oven.
If your dog is barking at the back door and your wife is yelling at the front door, whom do you let in first?
  The dog, of course.  He'll shut up once you let him in.
What's worse than a Male Chauvinist Pig?
  A woman who won't do what she's told.
   --------------------------------------
What's the correct answer when your wife asks "What's on the TV?"
    "Dust!"
:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.