1,203 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Demise said:

Write in the letter that you switched to VAWA I-360. The RFE incorrectly identified you as a widow(er) of a US Citizen. But I-360 approval notice, I-864W, and a short statement is all you'll need.

That's another point why RFE is considering me the widow of a US Citizen... 

6 minutes ago, FirstTimer said:

That's another point why RFE is considering me the widow of a US Citizen... 

My guess is that the agent that held your I-485 pending an I-360 ticked the wrong box.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Demise said:

My guess is that the agent that held your I-485 pending an I-360 ticked the wrong box.

Okay...

I will be sending the following documents I864W, I360 Approval Notice, and a Copy of RFE. Hope everything goes well and they approve my application asap.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, FirstTimer said:

It's like a weird situation now. The attorney takes advantage of his services by asking $1000 for filling a form which doesn't take more than 5 minutes. 

The question here is that if  I send it by myself with express mail, do you think the immigration officer will accept this response? 

You can fire your attorney whenever you want to. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello Family,

Quick question - considering the prolonged process of my VAWA case (filed since October 2018, approved on January 5, 2023, reopened on January 8, 2023)

I'm contemplating reaching out to the USCIS Ombudsman for help.

The case has been inactive since the reopening, and I'm feeling quite frustrated with the prolonged waiting period. My work permit is valid until October 2024, but the Prima Facie status expired on January 2 , 2024.

Do you think it's a good idea to contact the Ombudsman? Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks family

26 minutes ago, i-need-help-pls said:

Hello Family,

Quick question - considering the prolonged process of my VAWA case (filed since October 2018, approved on January 5, 2023, reopened on January 8, 2023)

The case has been inactive since the reopening, and I'm feeling quite frustrated with the prolonged waiting period. My work permit is valid until October 2024, but the Prima Facie status expired on January 2 , 2024.

Do you think it's a good idea to contact the Ombudsman? Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks family

Yes you can contact them. However, my personal experience with them is not great. I found them useless. However, it might work for you.

I would rather contact with the congress person/senator. 

Did you receive reopening latter? 

28 minutes ago, i-need-help-pls said:

Hello Family,

Most effective is to do an I-485 /I-864 W and a new medical today and send it out . I would have said the same thing back on Jan 2023 when your I-360 got approved.

Timeline
4 hours ago, balo101 said:

Yes you can contact them. However, my personal experience with them is not great. I found them useless. However, it might work for you.

Ombudsman useless in what way ? 

I contact congress person two times and USCIS said they are doing background check then. 

I did not receive reopening latter. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Family said:

Most effective is to do an I-485 /I-864 W and a new medical today and send it out . I would have said the same thing back on Jan 2023 when your I-360 got approved.

I filed 1-485 with my VAWA application since 2018 but nothing can be done until VAWA approved

I-864 W affidavit of support is not for VAWA case. 

7 minutes ago, i-need-help-pls said:

I filed 1-485 with my VAWA application since 2018 but nothing can be done until VAWA approved

I-864 W affidavit of support is not for VAWA case. 

I did presume that in 2018 you already had filed a I-130 and I-485 based on marriage to abuser …and then  requested I-485 be held until VAWA ( I-360) got approved. 

If you filed I-360 and I-485 right off the bat in 2018 , then you should also have copies of the I-864 W filed at that time. ..

Did you have an attorney…and do you have complete copies of what was filed ? Maybe check the receipt notices to see if I-130 was ever filed 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

We seem to be in great need of our Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Joke!

=============================================================

JUST HANGING AROUND

The psychiatrist at the insane asylum was doing his normal morning rounds.

He entered a patient's room and found the patient sitting on the floor, sawing at a piece of wood with the side of his hand.  Meanwhile, another patient was in the room, hanging from the ceiling by his foot.

The psychiatrist asked his patient what he was doing, sitting on the floor.

The patient replied in an irritated voice, "Can't you see that I'm sawing this piece of wood in half?"

The doctor asked, "And what is this other fellow doing, hanging from the ceiling?"

"Oh -- he's my friend, but he's a little crazy.  He thinks he's a light bulb."

The doctor asked, "If he's your friend, shouldn't you get him down from there before he hurts himself?"

"What?!  And work in the DARK?!"

:P 

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

9 hours ago, i-need-help-pls said:

Ombudsman useless in what way ? 

I contact congress person two times and USCIS said they are doing background check then. 

I did not receive reopening latter. 

i contacted them 3 times but they never did anything for me. Like i said they might help you but i did not get any help from them at all. You can try there is nothing wrong with it. 

Did you receive VAWA approval notice?

10 hours ago, Family said:

I did presume that in 2018 you already had filed a I-130 and I-485 based on marriage to abuser …and then  requested I-485 be held until VAWA ( I-360) got approved. 

If you filed I-360 and I-485 right off the bat in 2018 , then you should also have copies of the I-864 W filed at that time. ..

Did you have an attorney…and do you have complete copies of what was filed ? Maybe check the receipt notices to see if I-130 was ever filed 

i filed i485 and i130. 2020 we were getting divorce and my lawyer went interview and asked them to hold i485 since we were applying for i360. I was able to renew my ead while my i360 was pending. Last week my i360 approved! I485 still shows interview scheduled for Oct 2020. I just checked i 130 it says denied dec 2020 which is Normal right?

Timeline
17 hours ago, balo101 said:

3 hours ago, balo101 said:

i contacted them 3 times but they never did anything for me. Like i said they might help you but i did not get any help from them at all. You can try there is nothing wrong with it. 

Did you receive VAWA approval notice?

I received VAWA approval notice online

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.