1,198 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, FirstTimer said:

That’s true… your I485 is with your local field office. USCIS will do the internal work and they will get back to you soon. 
I would say enjoy and party after your approval 

Hello, how long after your 360 approval did thy ask for medical?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
6 hours ago, Dreamer7 said:

2 days ago my i360 was approved!!!!

Yee-HAAAAA!  :dance:

[Note to T-B.'s self:  Jokes worked again... jokes worked again... :P ]

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

On 2/22/2024 at 1:56 PM, FirstTimer said:

After my I360 approval, my attorney received RFE for medical but there was no status change for my I485. 

Medical was submitted and delivered to the USCIS Local Field Office in Newark. Before sending RFE for medical there was no update on my I485 status. Even after delivering Medicals, there is no change in status. 

Not sure what's going on. did someone face the same situation?

how long after your vawa approval did you get rfe for medical??

24 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

Yee-HAAAAA!  :dance:

[Note to T-B.'s self:  Jokes worked again... jokes worked again... :P ]

I remember last 3-4 years I kept reading your jokes and your comments about how your jokes worked for others. I can’t still believe that it’s for me now!!!!! Thanks fam! Hopefully no interview and rfe soon and finally gc. I pray for all of us and approvals! Amen

38 minutes ago, balo101 said:

@Demise

Hi Demise,

Hope all is well. I am trying to send you a message but unable to do so. 

Hey, my mailbox must've gotten full. I cleared it out.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: Other Timeline
On 2/23/2024 at 1:25 AM, Iceman1 said:

Hi All, it's been a while since I have posted here. I hope everyone is doing well. Firstly, I hope everyone waiting for I-360 approval gets the good news soon. :)

I have a quick question:

I have been a green card holder for 3 years based on approved VAWA and it's to apply for naturlization.  Can someone please tell me what documents do I need to send along with N400? I have gone through the checklist, but still want to check and make sure I don't miss something. Appreciate the help :) 

Same here with you on my upcoming N400 application which I intend to file online.

To everyone still in process, please don’t lose hope, my case was super complicated, I had no lawyer and filed everything myself. Now here I am filing for citizenship. We will all pull thru this process. Sometimes I pull out my green card and tears just flow. Sleepless nights, stress and fear to get this far. Our help is in the Name of the Lord 🙏🏽

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It's still Sunday in parts of the continental United States (whew).  Here now, without delay, is our Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

=============================================================

THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY

If Cinderella's shoe fit so perfectly, why did it fall off in the first place?

If cats could text you back, they wouldn't.

I sympathize with batteries -- I'm never included in anything, either.

To whoever stole my antidepressants:  I hope you're happy.

A man is incomplete until he gets married.  Then he's finished.

I bet jellyfish are sad that there are no peanut butter fish.

The worst part about parallel parking is the witnesses.

My friend David just had his ID stolen.  Now he's just Dav.

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello Family

After I360 approval my attorney received RFE for medical which says send us I864 affidavit of support or I360 approval notice.

In response to RFE medical was submitted with I360 approval notice. But today my attorney called me that they received call from immigration and my attorney said that immigration is about to denied my Green Card because I didn’t include I864 affidavit of support. My attorney asking me $1000 for I864 application. But when my I360 is approved why I need I864 affidavit of support?

can someone explain here. 
what I am thinking is that attorney is Lieing to me they might have received my Green Card and asking me for $1000.

can someone explain how could Uscis ask for I864 affidavit of support once I360 is approved… 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, FirstTimer said:

Hello Family

After I360 approval my attorney received RFE for medical which says send us I864 affidavit of support or I360 approval notice.

In response to RFE medical was submitted with I360 approval notice. But today my attorney called me that they received call from immigration and my attorney said that immigration is about to denied my Green Card because I didn’t include I864 affidavit of support. My attorney asking me $1000 for I864 application. But when my I360 is approved why I need I864 affidavit of support?

what I am thinking is that attorney is Lieing to me they might have received my Green Card and asking me for $1000.

can someone explain how could Uscis ask for I864 affidavit of support once I360 is approved… 

You have to still file I-864w. Before they said you didn’t but then they reinstated it. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

4 hours ago, FirstTimer said:

Hello Family

They mean i864w, you can fill it out and send it 

11 hours ago, FirstTimer said:

Hello Family

The RFE will say to submit an I-864. The correct thing to do in that case is to instead submit I-864W.

The form is trivial: Fill out your personal information in Part 1. In part 2 tick box 1.d., sign and date under Requestor's Signature (Part 3, 6.a., 6.b.). Charging $1000 for this is just malpractice.

Now, USCIS should've sent a copy of the RFE notice to your mailing address. If you didn't receive it, demand a copy from the lawyer and sent it in yourself. If you can't then figure out where your application is (ask a congressman or senator for help) and send it in as an unsolicited submission, attach a letter stating that your lawyer is giving you the runaround and failed to submit I-864 with the RFE so here you are submitting an I-864W of your own accord. You can also likely just give the I-864W to your congressman/senator and ask them to get it to USCIS on your behalf.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

12 hours ago, FirstTimer said:

Hello Family

i agree what @Demise said.

I am just wondering why would immigration call him to ask for that? wouldn't they send RFE?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.