1,233 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Does anyone know how to pull or view my i-485 submitted ago so I can use the information to update my "addresses lived  years ago" in my job application ? I just want to use the same information  accurately.

30 minutes ago, Precious100 said:

Does anyone know how to pull or view my i-485 submitted ago so I can use the information to update my "addresses lived  years ago" in my job application ? I just want to use the same information  accurately.

File FOIA.

It's a good practice to always keep copies of everything ever filed immigration wise.

1 hour ago, OldUser said:

File FOIA.

It's a good practice to always keep copies of everything ever filed immigration wise.

@OldUser thank you so  much How do I go about it  ? Also does it affect immigration status ?

22 hours ago, Precious100 said:

@OldUser thank you so  much How do I go about it  ? Also does it affect immigration status ?

It doesn’t affect any immigration status. But when you filed for FOIA, USCIS will take out ur submission / application from the queue / line so they can prepare the FOIA that u request. I personally didn’t file FOIA until I got my GC last year. Once all my case are done, I filed FOIA in June 2023 and got the result back in 6 weeks 

14 hours ago, Verrou said:

It doesn’t affect any immigration status. But when you filed for FOIA, USCIS will take out ur submission / application from the queue / line so they can prepare the FOIA that u request. I personally didn’t file FOIA until I got my GC last year. Once all my case are done, I filed FOIA in June 2023 and got the result back in 6 weeks 

@Verrou, I appreciate your input. Thank you so much. 

So this is hilariously pointless. My I-765 and I-131 were approved. While I have an RFE for medicals (right now I'm waiting on the blood test results) and my old DACA EAD is still valid for 3 months or so.

Like I'll take it just in case but it's definitely not the best use of resources to print a card that will be out of use in a few weeks.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
2 hours ago, Demise said:

I'll take it

Little crumbs of happiness!  :dance: 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Sunday already?  Time for our Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

=============================================================

THINGS POSTED ON THE INTERNET THAT ARE FUNNIER THAN THEY SHOULD BE

Men will turn 30 and still be like "I don't know what I want."  I say, "You have 5 more years with hair, so please figure it out."

A married man just complained to me about how hard dating is for him these days.

Going to the gym consistently requires so much laundry.

"Thanks for your payment."  Shut up -- I paid that bill against my will.

You ever think how peaceful it must be inside the brain of a stupid person?

Just heard back from a job I applied for.  They let me know that the job "does not come with a traditional salary."  Instead, I need to "create a team of partners who are willing to support me financially as the source of funding."  What kind of dystopian bull is this now?

If you too have been a victim of the enpoopification of Google Docs autocorrect due to AI, you may be entitled to financial compensation.

I just opened up a document that I lied about starting, and apparently I have to request access.

My boss accidentally muted himself on this Zoom meeting 20 minutes ago and none of us have told him.

"Adult Library Card."  Why do they have to say it like this, like it's my official pervert credentials?

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Hello guys. My i485 was at local office where it was denied. Filed motion to reconsider i290B and I got a RFE to file I601 waiver. The RFE said to mail the i601 receipt notice to my local office and I did for final decision . 
now I wrote a letter to Vermont 4 weeks ago to expedite my i485 and I got a letter saying that my case was transferred to Vermont service center for regular processing. What does it? My case moved From local office to Vermont again ? I’m confused

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.