TonyMacaroni

What am I missing from the K! AOS filing package?

16 posts in this topic

I'm on a K1 visa. Am I missing anything? Do I need to include USC's divorce decrees and marriage licenses from the previous marriages? This is my first marriage.

So far in the package are:

• Form I-485
  • Proof of relationship compilation file (pictures, remittances, chat and call logs, etc.)
  • Form I-864
  • Last year's tax return
  • Last year's tax transcript
  • Last year's W2s
  • This year's pay stubs
  • Employment verification letter
  • USC's birth certificate photocopy
  • USC's passport bio page photocopy
  • Form I-765
  • Form G-1145
  • Copy of the vaccination worksheet from the exam overseas
  • Copy of my passport's bio page
  • Copy of the stamps in my passport
  • AOS + biometrics fee payment
  • Cover letter
  • Copy of the I-129F NOA 2 (approval)
  • Copy of the I-94
  • Copy of my birth certificate with translation
  • Certified copy of our marriage license
  • 2 passport-style photos

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Yes you should to prove you were free to marry your current spouse.

I can't. I'd never been married before my current spouse and none of the countries I'm resident/citizen of would issue me a document that would state so. For the visa interview I just typed up an affidavit of single status and they were okay with it. So I can't provide anything on my part. My wife, however, were married twice before me and she has the divorce decrees. I just don't want to bloat the package if those are not necessary.

Edited by TonyMacaroni
Wrong verb tense

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 minutes ago, TonyMacaroni said:

I'm on a K1 visa. Am I missing anything? Do I need to include USC's divorce decrees and marriage licenses from the previous marriages? This is my first marriage.

So far in the package are:

• Form I-485
  • Proof of relationship compilation file (pictures, remittances, chat and call logs, etc.)
  • Form I-864
  • Last year's tax return
  • Last year's W2s
  • This year's pay stubs
  • Employment verification letter
  • Form I-765
  • Form G-1145
  • Copy of the vaccination worksheet from the exam overseas
  • Copy of my passport's bio page
  • Copy of the stamps in my passport
  • AOS + biometrics fee payment
  • Cover letter
  • Copy of the I-129F NOA 2 (approval)
  • Copy of the I-94
  • Copy of my birth certificate with translation
  • Certified copy of our marriage license
  • 2 passport-style photos

Better file and have shipment postmarked before April 1st or you will have to pay higher fees. Also effective April 1st separate payments are required for 485, 765, 131.

13 minutes ago, TonyMacaroni said:

I can't. I'd never been married before my current spouse and none of the countries I'm resident/citizen of would issue me a document that would state so. For the visa interview I just typed up an affidavit of single status and they were okay with it. So I can't provide anything on my part. My wife, however, were married twice before me and she has the divorce decrees. I just don't want to bloat the package if those are not necessary.

If you were never married you can't provide anything. If your spouse was married and divorced before, they need to provide copies of divorce decrees. I'm sure forms ask about prior marriages and divorces. Providing evidence to back it up is not bloating package, it's avoiding RFE.

Edited by OldUser

1 minute ago, wildbug100420 said:

Better file and have shipment postmarked before April 1st or you will have to pay higher fees. Also effective April 1st separate payments are required for 485, 765, 131.

Precisely what I'm trying to do! The fee difference is significant. By the way, do you know if USPS "postmarks" the package the moment it receives it from the customer? So if I come in and send it on the 29th, will it be postmarked with the same date?

3 minutes ago, OldUser said:

If you were never married you can't provide anything. If your spouse was married and divorced before, they need to provide copies of divorce decrees. I'm sure forms ask about prior marriages and divorces. Providing evidence to back it up is not bloating package, it's avoiding RFE.

The only form of those that touches on that is I-485. But it asks about my previous marriages and not the USC's.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, TonyMacaroni said:

Precisely what I'm trying to do! The fee difference is significant. By the way, do you know if USPS "postmarks" the package the moment it receives it from the customer? So if I come in and send it on the 29th, will it be postmarked with the same date?

The post mark is the day you hand it off to the clerk at the window at post office. Obviously send certified mail return receipt. Retain slip showing post mark. 

3 hours ago, TonyMacaroni said:

marriage licenses from the previous marriages?

We have never provided (nor been asked for) these.

18 hours ago, TonyMacaroni said:
  • Last year's tax return
  • Last year's W2s

It’s either transcripts only OR full tax return and W2. Pick one but they prefer transcripts. In that case drop the W2s

Pick one or the other. There is no need to send both 

Copy of the stamps in my passport

And the K1 visa page as well 

Form I-765

This will be separated so it needs its own set of documents. At the very least you need 2 passport photos for I-765 as well

On 3/27/2024 at 8:30 PM, wildbug100420 said:

The post mark is the day you hand it off to the clerk at the window at post office. Obviously send certified mail return receipt. Retain slip showing post mark. 

So I mailed the package today with the return receipt service. But how is the return receipt part going to work with USCIS since the mail goes to their P.O. box? As I understand, they'll simply receive a notice in their box that certified mail is waiting for them at the post office. Will they even bother to go to the post office to receive the mail and sign the delivery confirmation? I'm afraid they'll simply ignore this kind of mail. 

On 3/28/2024 at 2:19 PM, powerpuff said:

At the very least you need 2 passport photos for I-765 as well

Thanks for this. Included 2 extra photos at the last moment.

Timeline
1 minute ago, TonyMacaroni said:

So I mailed the package today with the return receipt service. But how is the return receipt part going to work with USCIS since the mail goes to their P.O. box? As I understand, they'll simply receive a notice in their box that certified mail is waiting for them at the post office. Will they even bother to go to the post office to receive the mail and sign the delivery confirmation? I'm afraid they'll simply ignore this kind of mail. 

They have to pick up their mail. You can relax for now. It's postmarked for today and the receipt you have confirms that 

20 hours ago, TonyMacaroni said:

I didn't file I-693, was I supposed to even though I had my exam outside the US a month ago? All I sent was the 1st page of the DS-3025

1. Was DS-3025 marked completed? Did you have all vaccinations etc?

2. Should have sent a copy of entire DS-3025. I think one page may trigger RFE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.