Hshah4482

I-130 (Multiple merged threads)

32 posts in this topic

So last weekend I did I-130 for my spouse and she live in India and I’m US citizen and in I-130 I forgot to mention where my spouse would like to be interview for visa interview. and after submitting my application. I talked with live agent via chat who recommended me I submitted letter where she would like to interview. So I submitted will it be okay. And how long is waiting for the I-130 approval.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Hshah4482 said:

So last weekend I did I-130 for my spouse and she live in India and I’m US citizen and in I-130 I forgot to mention where my spouse would like to be interview for visa interview. and after submitting my application. I talked with live agent via chat who recommended me I submitted letter where she would like to interview. So I submitted will it be okay. And how long is waiting for the I-130 approval.

Sure, as long as you did not indicate a location where she will adjust status in the USA.  

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
1 minute ago, Hshah4482 said:

I’m not sure I understand that.

Back to back questions on the form.  First is where she'll adjust status and second is where she will apply for a visa.  If you answered neither of them, the letter indicating she will apply in Mumbai, will do just fine.  Did you leave the first question blank too?  If so, that's fine.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

1 minute ago, pushbrk said:

Back to back questions on the form.  First is where she'll adjust status and second is where she will apply for a visa.  If you answered neither of them, the letter indicating she will apply in Mumbai, will do just fine.  Did you leave the first question blank too?  If so, that's fine.

Yes I left the both questions blanks. But someone told me I was supposed to answer second questions. So I got scared and I chatted with live agent and told me to upload letter where she would like to be interview.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Hshah4482 said:

I did I-130 last Friday and I’m us citizen and my wife is in India how long it will take to get approved 

About a year for the petition to be approved and 6 to 12 more months until the visa interview.  Hopefully, you also filed the I-130a and supporting documentation too.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Hshah4482 said:

Yes I did I -130a and I put supporting documents my only concern is about question that I forgot to answer about where my spouse would like to be interview in India. And I talked with live agent and he told me I can do letter and upload 

You can do that, of course, but there's only one interview location in India.  It's Mumbai.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hshah4482 said:

Because someone told me I will have to do I-824 once my I-130 is approved since I didn’t include embassy. So I’m scared 

Yes, do it.  

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
20 hours ago, Hshah4482 said:

I did I-130 last Friday and I’m us citizen and my wife is in India how long it will take to get approved 

My husband is from India. And I’m a US citizen .This is our time line so far…I applied for him in July 2022. I-130 approved in June 2023. Interview ( Mumbai ) in January 2024 More documentation was requested and was hi submitted February 2024 and we are still we waiting a final decision. Be prepared, it can be long and pain staking process. Best of luck ! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Summerbrezz07 said:

My husband is from India. And I’m a US citizen .This is our time line so far…I applied for him in July 2022. I-130 approved in June 2023. Interview ( Mumbai ) in January 2024 More documentation was requested and submitted February 2024 and we are still we waiting for a final decision. Be prepared, it can be long and pain staking process. Best of luck ! 

So I did my I-130 for my spouse and she is in India. And I forgot to mention embassy where she would like to be interview for her visa. And I called USCIS they told me to write a letter and explain what happened and upload online. And also told me to do typographic errors form in there website.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.