ChrisnTat

Proxy marriage but we didn't consumate before filing and after the wedding

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
1 hour ago, ChrisnTat said:

See this is what I've been trying to figure out, I couldn't find whether it's allowed to have two redundant applications basically. So having one currently underway means I can't file a new one then.

Is there an easy way to withdraw the current one? I keep getting told to write into them or make an appointment. Can I not do it by phone or email?

Thanks everyone for your help btw!

Nope, no phone or email. You must send a letter to withdraw the first one.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cathi said:

Nope, no phone or email. You must send a letter to withdraw the first one.

Correct.  Send the letter to the address indicated on your receipt notice.  You are withdrawing the petition.  Include both full names and dates of birth AND the case  number.  It is not critical that this letter is received before the petition is received.  You can send at the same time, but to two different addresses. Petition goes to different address of an intake facility, not to the actual service center where your existing petition is.

Perhaps unneeded advice, but THIS TIME, become an A-Student of the forms and instructions before filing.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
22 hours ago, ChrisnTat said:

We got married shortly after she left the US one visit and were excited and only a week later filed our I-130. We never met in person between the date of the wedding and the date of filing. We have since been together in person when she came over for a funeral and stayed for a few months. We had also met in person before the wedding, as I vaguely mentioned.

Are we going to have to refile? They need proof now that we had met between the date of the wedding and date of filing, but we did not. If I do need to refile, what does that look like? How do I proceed with the current case and is there any sort of wait before I can file again?

You must prove the marriage was consummated, and to  prove this submit documents showing that both of you were physically present between the marriage ceremony and the filing of the green card application.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.