TUC

All My Forms And Supporting Documents for K1/K2 AOS

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
54 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Yes that's the part where I'm confused because no where in the instructions does it say you can check more than one box UNLESS you choose "NO" and I never have because my understanding was that you couldn't. They definitely need to include punctuation after each question to claim "and".

That was always my understanding so that's why I have explained it as I have. Sorry to confuse if I haven't been clear but I think you understand what I meant. 

Your call entirely. I've never had an issue either.

I’ll be the Guinea pig lol. Will absolutely update if I do get an RFE

thanks for your help. USCIS directions are not always clear.

Timeline
On 3/26/2024 at 1:23 AM, K1visaHopeful said:

I864 needs to be filed out for each immigrant. They are not exact copies so you cannot attach a copy of your K1s I864 to each K2s I485. Each K2 needs their own I864 with THEIR info as the primary immigrant. 

If you actually join the VJ K1 AOS filing month for the month you will be filing and the month prior, you can get easy answers to all of these and you can look at many many many many coverletters.

You can also look at the VJ guides. 

Anything with an X is not needed and should NOT be sent unless marked with a question asking what you meant. I'm sure you can figure that part out as it's likely just a missnaming of a document. 

Ensure you have read the instructions for every form. By what you've compiled, you've likely misunderstood the instructions for, especially the I864. How one fills it out is statistically one of the biggest errors in this process. How you fill it out AND what documents you send is based on your personal financial situation. Exact documents to support your exact amounts in the form. Nothing MORE and nothing LESS. Useless docs get you RFE.

Lots of posts on the I864 and especially the generic RFEs one receives. Those will be good reads for you. 

Hey!

thanks for all your help so. Far. 

I noticed when you marked up my cover letters and suggested what to get rid of you didn’t make a note on the passport photos.

my understanding is the I need 6 total passport photos for each immigrant (2 photos to attach to each form). Is that correct or am I misunderstanding the directions?

12 hours ago, TUC said:

my understanding is the I need 6 total passport photos for each immigrant (2 photos to attach to each form). Is that correct or am I misunderstanding the directions?

That is correct.

2 for I485.

2 for I765

2 for I131.

6 in total per petitioner. 

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
On 3/28/2024 at 10:31 AM, TUC said:

Will absolutely update if I do get an RFE.

Almost a month has passed, is there any news, have they accepted your form?
I also want to make one affidavit for 2 people, but I’m a little worried

Timeline
8 hours ago, Geraldin said:

Almost a month has passed, is there any news, have they accepted your form?
I also want to make one affidavit for 2 people, but I’m a little worried

yes, forms were accepted and fees were processed. Biometrics is scheduled for all and we have our appointment on may 1st. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
On 4/26/2024 at 8:58 PM, TUC said:

forms were accepted

Thank you very much, we will also try to make one affidavit for me and my son and I hope for luck. Can you show your final cover letter for all forms?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.