Dragonsarereal

Courier Selection big problem - where is DX?

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, appleblossom said:

Why are you confused? That email gives you exact instructions to follow. We had to do the same when sending our documents in for our non-immigrant visa (had our interview waived).

Forget phoning the call centre, it'll be staffed by people who don't know the details, and there's no need to anyway as the process is laid out for you. You need to go there in person with your documents as instructed. When you go you'll find they'll be well used to sending documents to the consulate, they'll put it in an envelope for you and send it on its way.  

you are right, my issue is now how to cancel the older courier that I signed up with (which is 3 hours away from my home town) so I don't pay twice. The Norwich one, yes I can just show up, half an hour trip is doable. I like your sensible thinking!

Timeline

Okay I now have an update which might be useful for others in the future.

this morning I received a call from DX. I don’t know if they called me because I sent a pleading message to them yesterday, or because on the embassy website, under courier, I pressed SEND documents two days ago, so now they got in touch.

The officer explained that the strange name that appeared in my invoice is a company that works with DX for the embassy. So their location does not matter because I just drop my documents to any DX in my area. So that was great news and I have not lost £42. She explained that all I need to do is to print the instructions and authorisation I found in the website when I pressed SEND, and take them with me.

however, when I went to the embassy site, under my Status which is SEND, I was no longer able to retrieve or see anywhere those instructions which I remember were in a particular layout and maybe had barcodes.

what I did a couple of days ago, I was on a call with my boyfriend and he asked me to go press that button (SEND) so I would get the instructions.

at that point the page appears with lots of bold text. I copied and pasted all the text into a Pages document ‘just in case’. I then closed the website page.

i didn’t realise that after closing it I was going to lose my only chance to view the instructions in the original format and I cannot remember exactly what was there.

my plan now is to read the instructions super carefully because they do ask to specifically print only certain pages, which do not correspond in number to the pages on the A4 Pages document, if it makes sense.

so if any of you has already done this, do you remember if the pages to take to the couriers had some bars, QR codes or similar? In which case I am in trouble again 😂 Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 3/14/2024 at 8:20 PM, appleblossom said:

Why are you confused? That email gives you exact instructions to follow. We had to do the same when sending our documents in for our non-immigrant visa (had our interview waived).

Forget phoning the call centre, it'll be staffed by people who don't know the details, and there's no need to anyway as the process is laid out for you. You need to go there in person with your documents as instructed. When you go you'll find they'll be well used to sending documents to the consulate, they'll put it in an envelope for you and send it on its way.  

I wanted to thank you again for your help! DX eventually called me to clarify things and the second company is subcontracting for them, which is why their name appears in my invoice. The first time I went to the site to find the courier and register, a page opened and there was a message with bold text and possibly barcodes etc. Some was instruction. I was looking at the page while on Zoom with my boyfriend and I decided to read the text better later on.

But just in case, I copied and paste the text in a document.

The day after when I went back to the site the instruction page was gone and I can no longer get to it. All I have is the pasted text. I read it 100 times and I am not too sure of which part is 'the first page' as the initial formatting is gone.

Is this the part I need to print? Thanks

GDIT/United States DoS Immigrant Visa Courier-In Authorization Certificate

Applicant Name: Visa Class: Service Center:

MRV:

CSRA ID: DS-160 Number: Destination:

MY NAME

K Visa (Fiance/Spouse/Child)

US Embassy London 33 Nine Elms Lane, London, SW11 7US, GB

6996471603469 461.10 February 01, 2024 2064542869

AA00CPF8GL

London

Haven't you just had your interview and are expecting your visa soon? What are you trying to courier? I'm sorry but I don't really understand what you're trying to do now. 

Edited by appleblossom

Timeline
1 hour ago, appleblossom said:

Haven't you just had your interview and are expecting your visa soon? What are you trying to courier? I'm sorry but I don't really understand what you're trying to do now. 

Yes and at the interview they told me to get three more documents, and to send them through the courier, which I will do as soon as the last two documents arrive from the USA. They have been in the post for 21 days…..

next I was instructed to take the documents to the Norwich DX, with the printed instructions and they will securely deliver them to London. Hope it makes sense!

2 minutes ago, Dragonsarereal said:

Yes and at the interview they told me to get three more documents, and to send them through the courier, which I will do as soon as the last two documents arrive from the USA. They have been in the post for 21 days…..

next I was instructed to take the documents to the Norwich DX, with the printed instructions and they will securely deliver them to London. Hope it makes sense!

Ah, I see. I thought your visa/passport return was due soon, didn't realise you still had docs to send. 

The page you need to print has a barcode on it. You put that at the top of your documents and that's what they scan and then put it all in an envelope and send it. You should have it on an email? 

1 minute ago, Dragonsarereal said:

That’s fhe problem, there is no barcode in the email! And there is a lot of text not in the same layout 

Did you not get an email with it as an attachment? 

Timeline

no! The email has no attachment and it's a 'no reply' email address. it says,

'The U.S. Department of State Consulate in London has requested that you send additional documents for your application. Please gather the documents listed below and generate a "Courier-In Authorization Certificate" by clicking the "View Courier-in receipt" button below. Include a copy of these instructions in the list of documents you send to the consulate.'

Then you look and there is NO button! that's why I am confused!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Country-specific thread is moved to the UK regional forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A name has been removed from an earlier post.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

3 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

It's ok if you don't have the barcode, just make sure to clearly identify yourself, and why you're sending the documents/who requested them.

The barcode is what the courier uses though, they scan that and pack it in an envelope for you. Not sure how it would work without that unless the OP buys their own courier service and does as you suggested, then hopes they get matched to their case. 

7 hours ago, Dragonsarereal said:

no! The email has no attachment and it's a 'no reply' email address. it says,

'The U.S. Department of State Consulate in London has requested that you send additional documents for your application. Please gather the documents listed below and generate a "Courier-In Authorization Certificate" by clicking the "View Courier-in receipt" button below. Include a copy of these instructions in the list of documents you send to the consulate.'

Then you look and there is NO button! that's why I am confused!

Daft question but you’ve checked your email settings? It’s not set to plain text or similar?

If not then you can try sending the docs yourself as Lemonslice has suggested, or contact London and ask them to resend the courier info. 

Good luck. 

Edited by appleblossom

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.