Dragonsarereal

Courier Selection big problem - where is DX?

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi there,

so all documents and the extra documents are to go via courier. I registered but for the life of me I cannot work out where is DX? In the list they do not provide a phone number, website or email address.

Also when I looked up DX in Norwich (Closest to me) I could not find that company, I called several companies with similar name and they had no clue.

So how do I drop my documents to DX if DX does not exist?

thanks

Courier Selection details

Courier: DX Group
Address: (MINE)

Please gather the documents below for each applicant listed on this page and bring them to the consular interview.

Timeline

so I found the website, still impossible to talk to anyone, now I wish to cancel the previous paid for courier but for the life of me I cannot find their website and I did pay for the full service. I have  searched for hours and although legally they exist, there is NO way I can find them, contact them, email them, they don't appear to be on any website so I don't know how to get a refund. Oh dear oh dear....

Issued by INFORMATION SERVICES CONSULTING LTD 
New Kings Court Tollgate 
Chandler’s Ford 
Eastleigh, SO53 3LG 
United Kingdom

4 hours ago, Dragonsarereal said:

so I found the website, still impossible to talk to anyone, now I wish to cancel the previous paid for courier but for the life of me I cannot find their website and I did pay for the full service. I have  searched for hours and although legally they exist, there is NO way I can find them, contact them, email them, they don't appear to be on any website so I don't know how to get a refund. Oh dear oh dear....

Issued by INFORMATION SERVICES CONSULTING LTD 
New Kings Court Tollgate 
Chandler’s Ford 
Eastleigh, SO53 3LG 
United Kingdom

Phone number and online chat on the web page?? 

https://www.dxdelivery.com/help-support

https://www.dxdelivery.com/your-dx/us-embassy-passport-applications

Edited by appleblossom

Timeline

yes, I have now written a letter to my previous courier to try to get a refund. And I will talk to this new one and see if the embassy accepts the change. meanwhile I sent an email to the Italian office to get precise instructions on how much to pay and where as things can go wrong with international mail. What a day...

I will be chatting with DX - but when I did before (not sure which website, it was November) nobody had a clue of what I was talking about. 

40 minutes ago, Dragonsarereal said:

yes, I have now written a letter to my previous courier to try to get a refund. And I will talk to this new one and see if the embassy accepts the change. meanwhile I sent an email to the Italian office to get precise instructions on how much to pay and where as things can go wrong with international mail. What a day...

I will be chatting with DX - but when I did before (not sure which website, it was November) nobody had a clue of what I was talking about. 

What do you mean 'previous courier'? 

Who are 'Information Services Consulting Ltd', what do they have to do with it? 

And when you say Italian office, where does Italy come in to it?

If you can clarify what you've done and what you're trying to do, then somebody can try and help.

Edited by appleblossom

Timeline

When I first registered with the Embassy they presented me with a small list of couriers. The one in Norwich was not found anywhere and when I tried to call every single company with that name or similar, including DX they had NO CLUE of what I was talking about when I mentioned embassy and passports (Despite them being clearly advertised as a service on their homepage) So out of desperation I opted for a random courier from the embassy site and clicked on them, paid extra for collection as they were 3 hours away and sat there wondering why no courier is available in my area.

The courier I chose, sent me an invoice under the name 'Information Services Consulting Ltd. They are 3 Horus away and after a long search today I found out they are a legal entity with no website, nor email or contact number. So I just arranged a sign- for tracked letter to be delivered in 24 hours to them, so I can communicate about having a refund as I won't be using their service. 

Italy comes into this as I am Italian and I have lived for well over 6 months there. The embassy wants a police certificate for each country where we have lived for 6 + months.

I hope this makes sense now, sorry!

I have since sent an email to the Italian police offices who deal with certificates, and a text message to the Norwich DX. I will now go to the Embassy site to see if by any means I can change courier from there. My hope was that since DX is nation wide they should simply switch office and keep the payment. But as the invoice came from a different name, this is confusing and I wonder if they subcontract other people (they often use other companies to deliver)

11 minutes ago, Dragonsarereal said:

When I first registered with the Embassy they presented me with a small list of couriers. The one in Norwich was not found anywhere and when I tried to call every single company with that name or similar, including DX they had NO CLUE of what I was talking about when I mentioned embassy and passports (Despite them being clearly advertised as a service on their homepage) So out of desperation I opted for a random courier from the embassy site and clicked on them, paid extra for collection as they were 3 hours away and sat there wondering why no courier is available in my area.

The courier I chose, sent me an invoice under the name 'Information Services Consulting Ltd. They are 3 Horus away and after a long search today I found out they are a legal entity with no website, nor email or contact number. So I just arranged a sign- for tracked letter to be delivered in 24 hours to them, so I can communicate about having a refund as I won't be using their service. 

Italy comes into this as I am Italian and I have lived for well over 6 months there. The embassy wants a police certificate for each country where we have lived for 6 + months.

I hope this makes sense now, sorry!

I have since sent an email to the Italian police offices who deal with certificates, and a text message to the Norwich DX. I will now go to the Embassy site to see if by any means I can change courier from there. My hope was that since DX is nation wide they should simply switch office and keep the payment. But as the invoice came from a different name, this is confusing and I wonder if they subcontract other people (they often use other companies to deliver)

Ah, I see, that makes sense now. Where did you find this list of couriers? I thought DX was the only option? 

I've looked through all of my correspondence and none of the DX details have anything about this 'Information Services Consulting' on them, I think that may be a separate company. But I paid online using the consulate website so didn't get an invoice from them at any point.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Ah, I see, that makes sense now. Where did you find this list of couriers? I thought DX was the only option? 

I've looked through all of my correspondence and none of the DX details have anything about this 'Information Services Consulting' on them, I think that may be a separate company. But I paid online using the consulate website so didn't get an invoice from them at any point.

see, that is my issue, I most certainly got the courier from the embassy site. And then I received an invoice from a strange company name. I will now go to see if there is anyway of changing the courier straight from the embassy site. For example if I moved from London to Scotland during the visa process, I could not be expected to drive to London just to give a document?

2 minutes ago, Dragonsarereal said:

see, that is my issue, I most certainly got the courier from the embassy site. And then I received an invoice from a strange company name. I will now go to see if there is anyway of changing the courier straight from the embassy site. For example if I moved from London to Scotland during the visa process, I could not be expected to drive to London just to give a document?

Hang on, is this for sending a document rather than for passport return? That's different then, the only approved service for passport return is DX, so that's how your passport will come back to you with the visa in it (and how those sending passports in for visa issuance have to send them).

But if you're sending a document they've requested then you just need to sort your own courier out, any will do - DHL, Fedex etc. And most will collect from your house or have a local drop off point. 

Timeline
Posted (edited)

Sooo....I chose the passport return from their website months ago. It was 100% DX. But the INVOICE I received states a different name (Maybe they operate under subcontracting with DX).

Now my visa was technically refused (approved pending doing something) because I need to provide 3 documents. So now I came back to the realisation that my chosen courier is miles away.

In their email asking me for further documents they state 'Courier: DX Group' and in their information they state, '

This certificate authorizes [name] to use the designated CSRA courier to deliver supporting visa application documents to the United States London Consulate free of charge.

This certificate is valid at a limited number of DX Group locations.

Please refer to https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv/information/courier for a list of DX Group locations that will accept this certificate.

Applicants or third parties can go to any of the DX authorized drop-off locations and drop their documents at no cost.'  

Now when I checked the embassy site there is NO INFO on which one will authorise this. 

Instructions; gather documents, then 

Travel to one of our authorized courier locations.

3. Place your visa applications documents and the second page of this certificate into a

courier envelope

4. Present the first page of this document along with the envelope to the courier agent.

At this point I am more confused. I cannot tell if my local DX will accept this. I sent a message this morning and they have not responded.

Edited by TBoneTX
name removed from pasted information

12 minutes ago, Dragonsarereal said:

At this point I am more confused. I cannot tell if my local DX will accept this. I sent a message this morning and they have not responded.

Time to go there and give a try?

Edited by OldUser

Timeline

most certainly. I called months ago and nobody had a clue of the embassy, They passed me from person to person and there is only a central number for the whole nation, what a joke!  If I don't hear by next week I will be driving there and asking many questions...

3 hours ago, Dragonsarereal said:

Sooo....I chose the passport return from their website months ago. It was 100% DX. But the INVOICE I received states a different name (Maybe they operate under subcontracting with DX).

Now my visa was technically refused (approved pending doing something) because I need to provide 3 documents. So now I came back to the realisation that my chosen courier is miles away.

In their email asking me for further documents they state 'Courier: DX Group' and in their information they state, '

This certificate authorizes Sidney, Francesca to use the designated CSRA courier to deliver supporting visa application documents to the United States London Consulate free of charge.

This certificate is valid at a limited number of DX Group locations.

Please refer to https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv/information/courier for a list of DX Group locations that will accept this certificate.

Applicants or third parties can go to any of the DX authorized drop-off locations and drop their documents at no cost.'  

Now when I checked the embassy site there is NO INFO on which one will authorise this. 

Instructions; gather documents, then 

Travel to one of our authorized courier locations.

3. Place your visa applications documents and the second page of this certificate into a

courier envelope

4. Present the first page of this document along with the envelope to the courier agent.

Why are you confused? That email gives you exact instructions to follow. We had to do the same when sending our documents in for our non-immigrant visa (had our interview waived).

Forget phoning the call centre, it'll be staffed by people who don't know the details, and there's no need to anyway as the process is laid out for you. You need to go there in person with your documents as instructed. When you go you'll find they'll be well used to sending documents to the consulate, they'll put it in an envelope for you and send it on its way.  

Edited by appleblossom

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.