Petersaad1

Expedite Request - Cairo

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi All, 

My wife was DQ'd last month and wanting to see if expediting my case for one of the following reasons would be appropriate. I know it's hard to tell but any info can help.

1) my newborn son is currently with his mom. He was born in Egypt and is a US Citizen who has his CRBA certificate and passport. He is currently getting sick a lot due and has a weakened immune system due to the poor hygiene in the country. I'd like for him to come to America to get treated but he obviously can't be here without his mom.

2) I have a major shoulder issue that requires surgery. I have no one to support me so I'd like to see if my wife can have an expedited interview to come support me.

Thank you!

14 minutes ago, Petersaad1 said:

Hi All, 

My wife was DQ'd last month and wanting to see if expediting my case for one of the following reasons would be appropriate. I know it's hard to tell but any info can help.

1) my newborn son is currently with his mom. He was born in Egypt and is a US Citizen who has his CRBA certificate and passport. He is currently getting sick a lot due and has a weakened immune system due to the poor hygiene in the country. I'd like for him to come to America to get treated but he obviously can't be here without his mom.

2) I have a major shoulder issue that requires surgery. I have no one to support me so I'd like to see if my wife can have an expedited interview to come support me.

Thank you!

You can try. Send in documentation of the need for surgery and the issues your son has… No one can tell you if it will be approved but it is free to apply. 
I would also like to warn you that even if the expedite is approved the issuance isn’t going to be quick just quicker… 

Good luck and tell us how it works out. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Redro said:

You can try. Send in documentation of the need for surgery and the issues your son has… No one can tell you if it will be approved but it is free to apply. 
I would also like to warn you that even if the expedite is approved the issuance isn’t going to be quick just quicker… 

Good luck and tell us how it works out. 

Thank you. It's looking like Cairo is around 6-9 months. If i get the expedite approved, how long do you think it'll take them to schedule an interview?

34 minutes ago, Petersaad1 said:

Thank you. It's looking like Cairo is around 6-9 months. If i get the expedite approved, how long do you think it'll take them to schedule an interview?

Expedites sometimes work differently. 
I know for some consulates if you expedite the case the embassy does not schedule the interview but instead they request you choose the interview time (which can bring a lot of pressure as interview dates are not always available).

This is a thread that mentions a successful expedite request for Egypt… 

Edited by Redro

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

1. Hygiene is not collective/ definitive to 1/2/3 world countries. I don't see this as a good reason. Your USC baby should be just fine.  

2. You may try this. This is reasonable.

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I remember as a kid when we went to Spain being told to only drink bottled water and never take ice as that was made with tap water.

Mind you there are places around here where I would not drink the well water.

There are many ways around the issue now, long distance cyclists come through here in the summer and sometimes their water sources can be very dubious, but they can treat.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 1 month later...
Timeline

If you want your child to come to USA, most certainly wife is not needed to travel, I think you are capable of taking care of your own child, if it is the expense for the child while you work, and you have no other family certainly would be best for the child to stay in the country with your wife, as millions of babies are born and survive in Egypt.

With the surgery it all depends on the depth and complexity of the surgery, I had surgery on my dominant side, to fix a rotator cuff, and a torn labrum. My husband might have been here but was working a lot, and I was left to my own devices and had no issues.

I know that you want your family here as soon as possible and the waiting game is hard, I am not trying to dimmish what you experience, but we will only know what we are capable of when we are forced to go at it alone. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.