fritz222

Question on K1 Visa (My Story)

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

My story began in November 2023 while I was traveling around Bangkok. I found a hotel on Booking. com and out of the blue I booked it for a couple days to try. It was very close to the train station. That was one of the reasons why I booked it. The day before I was due to check in I thought I would go and find the hotel. When I walked in, there was a lovely lady working. I remember I could barely talk to her. And she had the most beautiful smile that made my heart just melt. She seemed very busy but I asked I could see the room and she took time out to show me the room. I thought that was very nice of her. After we got back to the desk I introduced myself and she gave me her name too. I told her see you tomorrow and again I was pleased to see that big smile.

The rest of that day I just could not stop thinking about her. The next day I was very happy to see her again. At this point I wanted to know more about her but didn’t know what to say. The first thing that popped in my mind was to say your husband is a lucky guy. And she said I’m not married, so then I said well your boyfriend, and she said I have no boyfriend. I have to say I was very happy to hear that. Later that day I was looking at booking a dinner cruise on the river but I did not want to go alone. I was very nervous because I wanted to ask her to join me. So the next day I got up the nerve and asked her if she would like to join me for the dinner cruise. She asked if she could think about it and I said of course. The next day she agreed and we both seemed very happy about our date. Our first date was spectacular for me, it was on November 26th. We were on a beautiful boat cruising the river and a great dinner and she looks so beautiful. It was a night I will never forget.

Now when I think about it, I have never went to a hotel and asked to see the room. Something brought me into that hotel on that date at that time. I feel very blessed to have met her. The next night on the 27th she asked me if I would like to go to the Loy Krathong festival after her work and of course I said yes. It was a lovely evening she showed me about the Thai cultures. On the 28th I asked her to join me for dinner at Iconsiam and she agreed. We had a very nice dinner on the 6th floor overlooking the river. We spent the next 7 weeks seeing each other almost everyday. And I proposed to her on Janurary 9th and she said yes. I had to leave Thailand on the 15th of Jan. We filed our K1 visa on Valentines day of 24. My question is, does Immigration look at the length of time we have spent together? I really did fall in love with this girl. I miss her terribly now

engagement ring 1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

The requirement to file a K-1 is having met once in the past 2 years.  I think seeing each other every day for 7 weeks is sufficient for a K-1's meeting requirement.  Good luck on the journey.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

1 hour ago, johnale11 said:

My story began in November 2023 while I was traveling around Bangkok. I found a hotel on Booking. com and out of the blue I booked it for a couple days to try. It was very close to the train station. That was one of the reasons why I booked it. The day before I was due to check in I thought I would go and find the hotel. When I walked in, there was a lovely lady working. I remember I could barely talk to her. And she had the most beautiful smile that made my heart just melt. She seemed very busy but I asked I could see the room and she took time out to show me the room. I thought that was very nice of her. After we got back to the desk I introduced myself and she gave me her name too. I told her see you tomorrow and again I was pleased to see that big smile.

The rest of that day I just could not stop thinking about her. The next day I was very happy to see her again. At this point I wanted to know more about her but didn’t know what to say. The first thing that popped in my mind was to say your husband is a lucky guy. And she said I’m not married, so then I said well your boyfriend, and she said I have no boyfriend. I have to say I was very happy to hear that. Later that day I was looking at booking a dinner cruise on the river but I did not want to go alone. I was very nervous because I wanted to ask her to join me. So the next day I got up the nerve and asked her if she would like to join me for the dinner cruise. She asked if she could think about it and I said of course. The next day she agreed and we both seemed very happy about our date. Our first date was spectacular for me, it was on November 26th. We were on a beautiful boat cruising the river and a great dinner and she looks so beautiful. It was a night I will never forget.

Now when I think about it, I have never went to a hotel and asked to see the room. Something brought me into that hotel on that date at that time. I feel very blessed to have met her. The next night on the 27th she asked me if I would like to go to the Loy Krathong festival after her work and of course I said yes. It was a lovely evening she showed me about the Thai cultures. On the 28th I asked her to join me for dinner at Iconsiam and she agreed. We had a very nice dinner on the 6th floor overlooking the river. We spent the next 7 weeks seeing each other almost everyday. And I proposed to her on Janurary 9th and she said yes. I had to leave Thailand on the 15th of Jan. We filed our K1 visa on Valentines day of 24. My question is, does Immigration look at the length of time we have spent together? I really did fall in love with this girl. I miss her terribly now

engagement ring 1.jpg

7 weeks is a lot of time. 

If you have the chance to see her again before her interview, I would visit her and have her take that evidence to her interview. 

Good luck with your journey. 

I don't think what you've mentioned would be viewed as suspicious, but it look like from your previous threads that you were due to marry somebody else in October, just before meeting this girl, and that you have previously applied for other K1's? So I would suggest you give a full background so that the forum pros can tell you if that may change things. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
9 hours ago, johnale11 said:

My story began in November 2023 while I was traveling around Bangkok.

As someone else said, this is a month after you had a fiancée? Maybe you’re rushing into this…

Timeline
8 hours ago, Redro said:

7 weeks is a lot of time. 

If you have the chance to see her again before her interview, I would visit her and have her take that evidence to her interview. 

Good luck with your journey. 

Planning another trip in October

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Sam Burns said:

As someone else said, this is a month after you had a fiancée? Maybe you’re rushing into this…

Yes its a very long story

Timeline
6 hours ago, appleblossom said:

I don't think what you've mentioned would be viewed as suspicious, but it look like from your previous threads that you were due to marry somebody else in October, just before meeting this girl, and that you have previously applied for other K1's? So I would suggest you give a full background so that the forum pros can tell you if that may change things. 

Its a very long story and many things have happened leading up to my October meeting. Long story short found her using a dating site my first week there. I was checking on getting married in Thailand if things worked out. All I can say now I am very lucky I found out the hard way but now i am very thankful it turned out the way it did.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.