stag

Packet check please before sending it off

13 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I would kindly appreciate a packet check before we send it off! (Filing for wife) Thanks!

1.       Check for $680 made payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security

2.       Form I-751 filled out and signed

3.       Form G-1145 filled out

4.       Green Card copy (front and back)

5.       Copy of our son's birth certificate, born during our marriage

6.       Copy of our Marriage Certificate

7.       Statement from our building Property Manager confirming our residence at our address. 

8.       Reference Letter from our Pastor (he married us and we are active in the community)

9.       Exhibit -A-: Financial Supporting Evidence

a.        2022 Tax Return Transcript

b.        2022 Full Tax Return (Joint Filing)

c.        2022 & 2023 W2 Forms (wife) [showing same address]

d.        2022 & 2023 W2 Forms (husband)

e.        Bank A Debit Card Welcome Statement (wife)

f.          Bank A Joint Checking Account Statements (every 3 months)

g.        Brokerage Joint Account Statement

h.        Bank B Joint CD Account Statements

i.          Bank A Savings Account with wife as beneficiary and statements

j.         Husband's 401K Account with wife as beneficiary

k.        Wife’s 401K Account with husband as beneficiary

l.           Bank C Credit Cards with wife as Authorized User and the credit card statements. (every 3 months)

m.     Several Phone Bill Statements for our phone plan together

n.        Husband designated as emergency contact at wife's workplace

10.  Exhibit -B-: Car Documents

a.        Both our driver licenses showing our address

b.        Car Insurance Documents showing both of us on the policy for a few cycles.

11.  Exhibit -C-Medical

a.        Health insurance cards of the three of us (husband, wife, son)

b.        Insurance Claim from the hospital for son's birth

c.        Two medical bills for tests billed to our address for wife

d.        Dental Insurance for the three of us

12.  Exhibit -D- Trips and Photos

a.        Airline tickets for two trips we took (City X) and the three of us to City Y

b.        Hotel Reservations for our City Z, City W, and City U roadtrips.

c.        ~13 Photos of us with son and family members in the past 2 years and from those trips.

Some clarifying notes made in the cover letter:

- I owned home and car before we got married

- 2023 joint tax return not ready to be filed yet but will upload it as additional evidence when available 

Edited by stag

Removal of Conditions (I-751)
2/17/24: I-751 packet shipped via FedEx

2/20/24: I-751 packet delivered

2/22/24: Receipt Number available on USCIS Portal

2/27/24: Extension Letter Available Online, Biometric Re-use letter, "Case is being actively reviewed"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Looks good to me.  Good luck for a swift approval.   I would file for citizenship when elligible.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

1. No need for full tax returns. Only submit tax return transcripts. The reason not to submit full - it will confuse them and it will also require submitting other docs. No need yo submit W2s.

2. Why item g is singular? Do you have more than one statement?

3. What about gas, water, electricity etc bills? Phone bill is good.

Overall good evidence, good luck!

26 minutes ago, OldUser said:

1. No need for full tax returns. Only submit tax return transcripts. The reason not to submit full - it will confuse them and it will also require submitting other docs. No need yo submit W2s.

2. Why item g is singular? Do you have more than one statement?

3. What about gas, water, electricity etc bills? Phone bill is good.

Overall good evidence, good luck!

The tax receipt I got from IRS doesn't have our full names it's cut off, so that's why included the full return, but yeah it's long indeed so maybe just include at least first page of the return? W2 included to show same address.

Brokerage statement because we opened it together but then I wasn't active with it (chose CD account instead). 

There's no gas, water, or cable bill (it's included in our HOA). The electricity bill is only in my name and unfortunately I wasn't able to add my wife's name to the bill because of their system.

2/27/24: Extension Letter Available Online, Biometric Re-use letter, "Case is being actively reviewed"

19 minutes ago, stag said:

The tax receipt I got from IRS doesn't have our full names it's cut off, so that's why included the full return, but yeah it's long indeed so maybe just include at least first page of the return? W2 included to show same address.

Brokerage statement because we opened it together but then I wasn't active with it (chose CD account instead). 

There's no gas, water, or cable bill (it's included in our HOA). The electricity bill is only in my name and unfortunately I wasn't able to add my wife's name to the bill because of their system.

typo meant tax return transcript*

another clarification: the mortgage statement is just statement confirming my wife and I opened the mortgage account. 

1 hour ago, stag said:

The tax receipt I got from IRS doesn't have our full names it's cut off, so that's why included the full return, but yeah it's long indeed so maybe just include at least first page of the return?

This is normal, everybody's names are cut on tax return transcripts. I had no issue with this.

Do not include one page of full return. Either include entire return + W2s or don't include full return at all.

2 hours ago, OldUser said:

This is normal, everybody's names are cut on tax return transcripts. I had no issue with this.

Do not include one page of full return. Either include entire return + W2s or don't include full return at all.

Thank you for the advice!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Here's another vote for including the tax transcript only.  The transcript proves that you filed.  A signed 1040 package does not.  Plus, they prefer the transcripts!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

2 minutes ago, Sukie said:

Here's another vote for including the tax transcript only.  The transcript proves that you filed.  A signed 1040 package does not.  Plus, they prefer the transcripts!

Sukie in NY

Yes good point. I guess I won't include the 1040 package then. 

Another thing: we have two credit cards together and mainly use those, I have another credit card though and used to use that more, but when we got the two credit cards together after my wife got SSN, I began using it less and less as these two have better rewards. Do I have to mention about that credit card at all? We did use that credit card for family purchases in the beginning, but wife wasn't an authorized user. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline
18 hours ago, stag said:

Hello everyone, I would kindly appreciate a packet check before we send it off! (Filing for wife) Thanks!

1.       Check for $680 made payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security

2.       Form I-751 filled out and signed

3.       Form G-1145 filled out

4.       Green Card copy (front and back)

5.       Copy of our son's birth certificate, born during our marriage

6.       Copy of our Marriage Certificate

7.       Statement from our building Property Manager confirming our residence at our address. 

8.       Reference Letter from our Pastor (he married us and we are active in the community)

9.       Exhibit -A-: Financial Supporting Evidence

a.        2022 Tax Return Transcript

b.        2022 Full Tax Return (Joint Filing)

c.        2022 & 2023 W2 Forms (wife) [showing same address]

d.        2022 & 2023 W2 Forms (husband)

e.        Bank A Debit Card Welcome Statement (wife)

f.          Bank A Joint Checking Account Statements (every 3 months)

g.        Brokerage Joint Account Statement

h.        Bank B Joint CD Account Statements

i.          Bank A Savings Account with wife as beneficiary and statements

j.         Husband's 401K Account with wife as beneficiary

k.        Wife’s 401K Account with husband as beneficiary

l.           Bank C Credit Cards with wife as Authorized User and the credit card statements. (every 3 months)

m.     Several Phone Bill Statements for our phone plan together

n.        Husband designated as emergency contact at wife's workplace

10.  Exhibit -B-: Car Documents

a.        Both our driver licenses showing our address

b.        Car Insurance Documents showing both of us on the policy for a few cycles.

11.  Exhibit -C-Medical

a.        Health insurance cards of the three of us (husband, wife, son)

b.        Insurance Claim from the hospital for son's birth

c.        Two medical bills for tests billed to our address for wife

d.        Dental Insurance for the three of us

12.  Exhibit -D- Trips and Photos

a.        Airline tickets for two trips we took (City X) and the three of us to City Y

b.        Hotel Reservations for our City Z, City W, and City U roadtrips.

c.        ~13 Photos of us with son and family members in the past 2 years and from those trips.

Some clarifying notes made in the cover letter:

- I owned home and car before we got married

- 2023 joint tax return not ready to be filed yet but will upload it as additional evidence when available 

This is far more than others have submitted including myself. This should be more than enough. Good luck to you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.