JelloShotGirl

going back to beneficiary's country

135 posts in this topic

Is any couple seriously considering moving back to beneficiary's home county at any point "down the line?" just curious........

mailed out aos and ead 7/13/2007

aol and ead packet received per usps 7/16/2007

checks cashed 07/26/07

noa 1 FOR EAD RECEIVED 07/27/07

noa 1 for aos received 07/28/07

biometrics 08/15/07

ead card ordered 09/20/07!!!!

ead card received 10/01/07! finally!

aos case transferred to California Service Center 10/03/07!

received "Welcome to the United States of America I-797 11/05/07!(dated 10/30/07)!

Permanent Resident card received 11/05/07 (dated 10/31/07)! THank u LorD!

Will file for 10 year GC End of July/Early August 2009!

Removal of Conditions:

Mailed I-751 overnight mail to Vermont Service Center 09/10/09

VSC received the I-751 Packet 09/11/09 About 12 pm Local time

Check was cashed as of Sept 16th 2009

NOA Received 09/19/09 dated 09/14/09

I-797 Appointment Notice received 10/01/09 dated 09/25/09 (Biometrics)

Got they 10 year GC approval letter in the mail dated 01/08/10! yehey!

10 GREENCARD RECEIVED 01/20/10

Citizenship.......maybe............or maybe stay a permanent resident .......................

6771903_bodyshot_300x400.gif

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Yeppers. Me and Edi have been saving money for the whole year he has been here. We will continue to save money for the next 10 years and then go back to Romania, start our own business and live very very happy and comy right there :) And surprisingly my daughter asked to go with us (at first she didnt want to, she will be 21 then). As long as my kids and my hubby are with me, im gonna enjoy going back to Romania. :D and the plus is, i LOVE Romania. :luv:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Yeppers. Me and Edi have been saving money for the whole year he has been here. We will continue to save money for the next 10 years and then go back to Romania, start our own business and live very very happy and comy right there :) And surprisingly my daughter asked to go with us (at first she didnt want to, she will be 21 then). As long as my kids and my hubby are with me, im gonna enjoy going back to Romania. :D and the plus is, i LOVE Romania. :luv:

Ah yes very nice country. I have been there a few times. Mu auntie usually goes there from Greece to shop. Very nice people.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Yes. We are looking at moving back to Australia.

Now the hard part begins. As they do not let any bum off the street into the nation; the immigration process is quite thorough, tiresome and expensive.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Absolutely. Germany is a wonderful place.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

yes. Their infrastructure is awesome as well. Berlin Hauptbahnhof to name one..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yep, but that's way down the line. I'm also from Colombia and am absolutely in love with my birth country. Someday... ;)

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

ahhhh i love germany. lived there for 3 years when i was 10-13 yrs old :) miss it there

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Absolutely, I want to retire in the Philippines, and my wife is fine with that... By the by, I'm the USC.

Edited by Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

I'd love to retire in Russia, I had a wonderful trip but there are a few things that have to happen first...save lots of money and learning Russian are the main two...

Heck, if the 401(k) was bigger, I would have moved that way instead of her coming here!

K-1 timeline

05/03/06: NOA1

06/29/06: IMBRA RFE Received

07/28/06: NOA2 received in the mail!

10/06/06: Interview

02/12/07: Olga arrived

02/19/07: Marc and Olga marry

02/20/07: DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS Timeline

03/29/07: NOA1

04/02/07: Notice of biometrics appointment

04/14/07: Biometrics appointment

07/10/07: AOS Interview - Passed.

Done with USCIS until 2009!

I'd love to retire in Russia, I had a wonderful trip but there are a few things that have to happen first...save lots of money and learning Russian are the main two...

Heck, if the 401(k) was bigger, I would have moved that way instead of her coming here!

Plus lots of cheap good vodka.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

No, I think we shall remain here in the USA. The quality of life here is better for us and the area is low crime and very peaceful. We shall go back for holidays, of course, but to reside there permanently? Nah, I don't think so.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I've discussed that with David and especially now that I'm retired, I wouldn't have minded living in England. Since I have only visited, I couldn't really be the one to judge, though.

He has made it quite clear he has absolutely no interest in living in England at all. Ever. He was fed up with it by the time he left anyway. Chris (David's son) has also recently made the statement that he would never return to England to live. I think he would prefer I had lived somewhere that's warm all year round though. :P I don't know if he'll remain in Illinois, he does like the heat so it wouldn't surprise me he migrates somewhere in the US more to his liking.

David and I are still on the fence where we'll end up, but it will be in the US apparently. I figured I'd give him a couple more winters here before he definitely decides. :lol: We both want to live in the country, though....somewhere! :luv:

1-21-09 Getting Naturalization documents together.

smiley-995.pngsmiley-996.png

Disclaimer: i dunno nuthin bout birthin no babys, or bout imugrayshun.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

yes. Their infrastructure is awesome as well. Berlin Hauptbahnhof to name one..

I quite liked Berlin, but I've only been there once. I'm more familiar with the southern part of Germany, so I do know the Muenchen Hauptbanhof :)

We won't move for several years because of my daughter, but I know that eventually, yes, we'll head back there.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
No, I think we shall remain here in the USA. The quality of life here is better for us and the area is low crime and very peaceful. We shall go back for holidays, of course, but to reside there permanently? Nah, I don't think so.

Yay Mags! :thumbs:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg