JLA22

March 2023 Filer - I130 for Parents (Merged)

92 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 4/18/2024 at 1:38 PM, Tinskee said:

Hi Medeme, when you received your RFE, did they attach the notice in the document tab of your uscis online account? Or you just received it in the mail?

Case status also changed to rfe but nothing under the documents. 

Timeline
On 3/15/2024 at 6:25 PM, Medeme said:

After waiting for almost a year , I got an Rfe for both parents. They want me to submit further evidence because my birth certificate was issued 23 years after birth thus making it insufficient . I am so frustrated.

What did you submit as additional evidence? 

On 4/18/2024 at 10:36 AM, Tinskee said:

This is getting confusing: 

i received an email notification yesterday:

“we cancelled the request for additional evidence for your Form I130, PETITION FOR ALIEN RELATIVE. We will send you a notice if we need additional evidences. “

It’s weird because they did not send me an RFE in the first place. I looked at the documents tab theres nothing in there. Then it went back to 2 months before decision. 

I-130 For Parent Consular Processing:

Texas Service Center

03/05/23 Submitted I130 online

03/05/23 Received notice that they received my form and that they mailed me a receipt letter.

04/20/23 Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS

04/16/24 email notification from USCIS ,we cancelled the request for additional evidence for your Form I130, PETITION FOR ALIEN RELATIVE. We will send you a notice if we need additional evidences. 

04/16/24 Received notification that they cancelled the request for additional evidence. Its weird because i didnt receive any RFE prior to this notification.

04/18/24 Receievd a notification for RFE but i looked at the documents tab theres no RFE.

04/19/24 I checked again the document tab and now found the RFE doc. Theyre basicallly asking for addiitonal evidence because my birth cert that i submitted doesnt clearly indicate the date it was registered.

Now im confused if my RFE is cancelled or not. Has anyone encountered this? I tried calling the uscis number to clarify but i cannot get past the automated assitant even if i say talk to an agent. This is so frustrating. 

2 hours ago, Goodluckeveryone said:

Case status also changed to rfe but nothing under the documents. 

Try checking the document tab the next day. It happened to me, at first when i checked the dociment tab theres nothing in there, then i checked the following day its already there.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Tinskee said:

04/16/24 Received notification that they cancelled the request for additional evidence. Its weird because i didnt receive any RFE prior to this notification.

04/18/24 Receievd a notification for RFE but i looked at the documents tab theres no RFE.

04/19/24 I checked again the document tab and now found the RFE doc. Theyre basicallly asking for addiitonal evidence because my birth cert that i submitted doesnt clearly indicate the date it was registered.

Now im confused if my RFE is cancelled or not. Has anyone encountered this? I tried calling the uscis number to clarify but i cannot get past the automated assitant even if i say talk to an agent. This is so frustrating. 

What are you going to submit as evidence? 

8 hours ago, Goodluckeveryone said:

What are you going to submit as evidence? 

I have Baptismal Cert, Confirmation Cert, old Insurance document showing the children as her dependent/beneficiary. And My mom is going to my school to see what document  she can get there that can probably show her enrolling me before in the school or whatever. Hopefully that will satisfy. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Tinskee said:

I have Baptismal Cert, Confirmation Cert, old Insurance document showing the children as her dependent/beneficiary. And My mom is going to my school to see what document  she can get there that can probably show her enrolling me before in the school or whatever. Hopefully that will satisfy. 

Mine is for a sibling

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 hour ago, Goodluckeveryone said:

Mine is for a sibling

Presumably you have Birth Certificates showing common parents.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
On 4/20/2024 at 8:28 PM, Boiler said:

Presumably you have Birth Certificates showing common parents.

That is what I submitted. My Birthcertificate and my sibling's.  

On 3/17/2024 at 2:19 PM, JLA22 said:

yea nothing so far for the other one. I think NVC identifies the best consulate and sends approved document file to the consulate to go inline for an appointment date. 

Hi there - hoping you can provide some updates. Did you have to do anything to get the 2 applications to line up? I also submitted for both parents so wanting to know what to anticipate based on what others experienced/any advice if they aren't synched up in approval/NVC/etc. Thanks!!!

Timeline
On 4/20/2024 at 1:34 PM, Tinskee said:

Can theresponse to rfe be sent online or is it just through mail?

Edited by Goodluckeveryone
Skipped a word

On 4/20/2024 at 10:34 AM, Tinskee said:

After receiving RFE last 04/18/24, i submitted the additiona evidences as response to rfe on 04/28/24.

Finally today 04/30/24, my status changed to actively reviewing and then when i checked document tab the i-130 approval is attached.

here’s my complete timeline:

Texas Service Center

03/05/23 Received notice that they received my form and that they mailed me a receipt letter.

04/20/23 Case is Being Actively Reviewed by 

USCIS

04/18/24 Received RFE Notification

04/28/24 Submitted Response to RFE. received same day notfication that they received it.

04/30/24 Status changed to We are actively Reviewing, and when i checked the document tab, the Approval is attached. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2024 at 5:02 PM, Tinskee said:

After receiving RFE last 04/18/24, i submitted the additiona evidences as response to rfe on 04/28/24.

Finally today 04/30/24, my status changed to actively reviewing and then when i checked document tab the i-130 approval is attached.

here’s my complete timeline:

Texas Service Center

04/20/23 Case is Being Actively Reviewed by 

USCIS

04/18/24 Received RFE Notification

04/28/24 Submitted Response to RFE. received same day notfication that they received it.

04/30/24 Status changed to We are actively Reviewing, and when i checked the document tab, the Approval is attached. 

Hi Tinskee , I am so sorry , was abroad and hadn’t come to the page in a while hence my inability to reply your questions. I however have seen you have scaled through. I on the other hand have been unable to submit the additional evidence . I am working on a dna now. Congratulations and keep us posted!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.