JLA22

March 2023 Filer - I130 for Parents (Merged)

89 posts in this topic

On 2/1/2024 at 1:17 PM, JLA22 said:

Hi guys, any March 2023 filers heard anything on the I-130 yet? 

My son and i filed in March we got our biometrics appt a month apart son in June and mine was in July. 

They then received our medical mid October.   

Our status now says “taking longer than expected” 

23 hours ago, Tinskee said:

I checked today: from 2 Months it changed to 5 weeks.

Estimated time until case decision:

5 Weeks

I think thats a good sign, usually happens when they pick up your file and someone is working on it, I may be wrong but what I have seen from other people 

4 hours ago, Jasminedevgun said:

My son and i filed in March we got our biometrics appt a month apart son in June and mine was in July. 

They then received our medical mid October.   

Our status now says “taking longer than expected” 

Hi Jasmine, thanks for sharing, what is your case? This topic is covering I-130 applicants who are citizens and have started the process to apply for green card for their alien relative 

Timeline
On 2/27/2024 at 8:49 PM, Medeme said:

It is just getting crazy and ridiculous. Just when we thought 2023 filers were being approved , it gets to our turn and things seem to be stalling. So frustrating🤦‍♀️. It is well

The stalling started with the people who filed early February 2023. Given the trend, most people were being approved 1 month prior to the 12 months. However, that was not my case. I filed on 2/28/23, and I was expecting to be approved by late January 2024 and it did not happen. My approval was on 2/23/24 when I saw the notice, but the status on the page changed from Being Reviewed to Approved on 2/26/24. 

16 hours ago, johntexas2022 said:

The stalling started with the people who filed early February 2023. Given the trend, most people were being approved 1 month prior to the 12 months. However, that was not my case. I filed on 2/28/23, and I was expecting to be approved by late January 2024 and it did not happen. My approval was on 2/23/24 when I saw the notice, but the status on the page changed from Being Reviewed to Approved on 2/26/24. 

Thanks for the info, kind of makes me feel a little better.congratulations on your approval as well

On 2/26/2024 at 9:58 AM, Tinskee said:

Weird, it went back to 2 Months when i checked today.

i just checked today , its says now 4 Weeks before decision. My application will turn 1 year this March 5 2024.

I-130 For Parent Consular Processing:

Texas Service Center

03/05/23 Submitted I130 online

03/05/23 Received notice that they received my form and that they mailed me a receipt letter.

04/20/23 Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS

My case is approved today under the documents tab I see the approval notice, PD was March 20th 2023 - and approved March 8th 2024 - Nebraska Service center.

Does anyone know what needs to be done now? Do I have to wait until NVC sends the welcome letter by mail -how long that normally takes? Can I pay fees prior to that and start the forms?

3 hours ago, JLA22 said:

My case is approved today under the documents tab I see the approval notice, PD was March 20th 2023 - and approved March 8th 2024 - Nebraska Service center.

Does anyone know what needs to be done now? Do I have to wait until NVC sends the welcome letter by mail -how long that normally takes? Can I pay fees prior to that and start the forms?

Wow Congrats! I hope Texas Service Center will approve soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.