Medellin2007

Fiance in US, but deciding not to get married

49 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Don't lose hope try your best to make her happy!, take her out on weekends,I am a filipino married to a 47 yrs old american i came here as k-1 fiancee, so far i get used to everything i am now 20 yrs old i got here Last year month of December.Imagine the age difference? Well my husband still acts like a kid lol he likes out doors, sports,etc.. in short he is active!.. Try your best as you can, hope you guys will work things out..We are always going out every week ends shopping, running around,driving,,it could be anything just to be busy.Try to do things like that let's see if it would work for her.God bless to the two of you hope she will stay with you!..

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Medellin,

All you need to do is come to agreement with her that you should not marry and she should return to her country. The agreement and returning to her country parts are not essential, but are the proper things to do.

You cannot be held legally responsible for supporting her at this point (which is why the I-864 was created for immigration purposes about 10 years ago).

Sounds like your problem stems from the fact that your fiancee has only 2 points of reference here in the USA - her friend and you. Her friend likely has a credibility advantage with your fiancee due to length of relationship, common culture, and the friend having longer experience in the USA than she. Don't know how you can deal with that if it is the source of the problem. If the friend knew you and liked you she could be a good ally, otherwise she could be a lot of trouble if she wants to be.

Yodrak

My fiance has been here for 5-weeks and we are not getting along. She is bored since she has no friends

and does not speak english. If we do not work this out, what do I need to terminate the process, what am

I responsible for? What happens if she moves out and does not go back? Need to know all the options

here. Please help.

Some of the problem started with she started talking with her friend and her asking why we have

not gotten married yet? Her friend came here last year. Her friend got her thinking that I am

playing games with her, which is not true. But since this issues, she has become very biligerent

and complaining and yelling about everything. I have tried to reassure, but she has it in her

mind that I must be in a relationship with some other girl. It is not true and not possible since

I spend all my time with her. (Her friend's influence here)

I thought we understood each other, especially since I spent a year going back and forth every

month to better know each other.

Don't know what to do and I do not think it will work out in the long run.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I forgot to ask: How much time do you actually spend together each day?

Do you two talk and do things together, or do you just leave her at home and go to work, then come back home expecting everything to be peachy? Have you spent quality time together discussing important things, or just arguing?

Just curious, because all of us here are in a similar situation like you, and I for one do not want my relationship to disintegrate to this point. Regardless who is right or wrong, your relationship isn't where you think it should be.

It's tempting to point to your significant other and list all the things she did wrong, but have you tried listing all the things that you did right? And have you exausted ALL methods of making your significant other happy? If you do have a long list of things that you personally did to make this relationship work, then I think you really should call it quits. However, if you have a short list, then I suggest you come up with more ways of approaching this woman who you intended to marry, for whatever reason you choose.

I hope the two of you work things out. Don't give up on your word and honor to love someone just because you have a few problems. Hang in there. If you give up at this point, when will you ever stand up and fight for your relationship?

Good luck!

20 years is alot in age difference. And she already are acting very childdish. :(

Back out when you still have the chance. You are not responsable for her after visa is expired if not being married.

On top of all that, then don't forget that you will never be able to enjoy your retired life together with her.

usa01.gif

Mike and Anettedk04.gif

03-07-07 Anette arrived in San Diego on a K-1 Visa

04-04-07 Married in Las Vegas

lovebirds.gif

AOS

06-01-07 Mailed AOS/AP to NBC

06-12-07 Recieved NOA by mail for AOS

07-10-07 Biometric appointment for AOS

08-03-07 AOS touched after they recieved RFE

08-14-07 Approval notice on AP is sent

08-18-07 Approval notice on AP recieved

09-07-07 Recieved Interview date by mail

10-23-07 AOS Interview / Approved

10-24-07 Card production ordered

10-29-07 Welcome Letter recieved

11-02-07 Greencard recieved

Remove Condition

08-05-09 Mailed I-751 to CSC

08-10-09 NOA1 Receipt date

08-15-09 Recieved NOA1 by mail

08-20-09 Recieved BIO date by mail

09-04-09 Biometric Appointment

09-08-09 Touch

11-25-09 Card production ordered

12-03-09 Approval Letter recieved

12-04-09 Greencard recieved

On top of all that, then don't forget that you will never be able to enjoy your retired life together with her.

I don't understand this point?

think twice before marry a 20 year younger person. Thats my point

usa01.gif

Mike and Anettedk04.gif

lovebirds.gif

AOS

Remove Condition

09-08-09 Touch

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I would think that most people would think things through before they marry anyone. It's also not true that they 'will never be able to enjoy' their retirement together. You have no idea what their financial situation is, you assume they won't have a substantial retirement income that could support both of them, perhaps they are independantly wealthy.

Maybe only 1 of them will work, maybe she will work and he won't, but that doesn't mean they won't enjoy it.

Plus, for some people age is not an issue - as it shouldn't be (in my opinion), it's obviously not an issue for the original poster.

I would think that most people would think things through before they marry anyone. It's also not true that they 'will never be able to enjoy' their retirement together. You have no idea what their financial situation is, you assume they won't have a substantial retirement income that could support both of them, perhaps they are independantly wealthy.

Maybe only 1 of them will work, maybe she will work and he won't, but that doesn't mean they won't enjoy it.

Plus, for some people age is not an issue - as it shouldn't be (in my opinion), it's obviously not an issue for the original poster.

It's never an issue with age difference in the beginning. I am not talking about financial issues. But enjoy life together, with same thoughts and life experience are so much better. ( Just my opinion ofcause )

usa01.gif

Mike and Anettedk04.gif

lovebirds.gif

AOS

Remove Condition

09-08-09 Touch

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hmmmm...let me see if I have this straight? First, your fiance has "no friends" and now she has "a friend" advising her what to do in her relationship with YOU? She speaks no english...yet, has had a year to learn and did not apply herself? You speak fluent Spanish...why didn't you help her? Surely you must have emphasized that we speak English in the USA? And, she wakes up in the middle of the night and starts hitting you and yelling at you? Dude...you had better do the "waking up!" There is NO EXCUSE for hitting anyone...man or woman...EVER!!! You...meaning BOTH of you have 90 days to decide to marry! Having an "ultimatum" IMHO is not the way to start things out. Should you marry "immediately" is this going to go away and whatever the trust issues are...they are going to disappear? Something seems to be missing in this post!

So, you went through a year of dating and seeing this woman on a monthly basis...and none of this surfaced until she is in the USA? And, you went through 6 - 8 months of getting her on the fiance' VISA...and the related expenses. You join VisaJourney in June...with no timeline, no profile, no photos and one previous post...and you ask for advice from everyone here? And, you get 20+ replies...all giving you good advice. The best of which is...send her home!!! Do yourself...and your country a favor. Put her on a plane and send her back to Medellin. Write a note to USCIS and tell them "it just didn't work out!" Keep a copy.

Regards,

Craig

basically.

she and her friend seem to be up to something :innocent::whistle:

Married March 2003

Sept 30, 2005 mailed I-130 petition

October 3, 2006 USCIS received

October 6, 2005 NOA 1

November 2, 2005 NOA 2

November 20, 2005 Choice of Agent Sent by NVC

December 28, 2005 Choice of Agent sent by FedEx to NVC from JA

January 29, 2006 IV Application Fee Bill sent by NVC

March, 2006 IV Fee paid $380

April 3, 2006 Packet 3 sent by NVC

October, 2006 DS-230 part 1 and AOS sent to NVC

November 29, 2006 NVC informs of mistakes

December, 2006 corrections made and sent back to NVC

January 30, 2007 NVC completes case and forwards to Embassy in Kingston, Jamaica

July 18, 2007 per email from embassy interview set for September 6th, 2007 @ 7am

July 26, 2007 husband gets pre blood tested for marijuana ~ CLEAN!

July 27, 2007 per phone call to to Visa Office in DC interview set for September 4, 2007

July 30, 2007 email from Consular confirms new interview date of September 4, 2007 @ 12:30 p.m.

August 3, 2007 husband picks up packet 4 from post office

August 4 & 6 2007 I receive packet 4 in the mail

August 22, 2007 Medical (rescheduled due to Dean)

September 4, 2007 Interview DENIED (tested positive for marijuana and banned three years)

April 3, 2009 Divorce Final

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It's never an issue with age difference in the beginning. I am not talking about financial issues. But enjoy life together, with same thoughts and life experience are so much better. ( Just my opinion ofcause )

Oh, this is terribly offensive and annoying to those of us in age gap relationships. For someone to come and "assume" what's best for someone else.... that "same thoughts and life experience are so much better..." That is a giant assumption my friend, with no basis in fact. I'm in the happiest relationship of my life with a man 15 years my junior. The only time age is ever a factor is when someone with prejudices comes along and makes it their business to judge us.

Happiness comes in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors and nationalities. Don't assume that what works for you or makes you happy will work for everyone else.

P.S. Please don't use the fact that you used the parenthetical phrase "Just my opinion" to excuse your offensive comments on a public board.

2007:

February - May: extended visit to States, engagement.

5/4: I-129F sent (Texas Service Center, forwarded to California Service Center)

5/11: Petition received at California Service Center.

5/16: Check cleared. NOA1 online (no hard copy received yet)

6/19: NOA1 hard copy arrived FINALLY

7/16: Sent off for Police Certificate (U.K.)

8/22: TOUCHED due to phone call (RFE Trick, was told case wasn't assigned yet)

9/20:APPROVED!!! After 127 days from NOA1 and 139 days from filing date.

10/23: Spoke to Kelly at NVC who said they should have received our petition by now. She advised I send a copy of our NOA2 directly to the NVC office, which I did immediately. :-)

10/26: NVC RECEIVES CASE!

10/30: NVC SENDS CASE TO LONDON CONSULATE

11/1: Consulate receives case in London AND sends out Packet 3.

11/6: Sent Packet 3 to Consulate (we'd downloaded the forms on VJ and had them completed already)

11/22: Appointment for Medical.

2008:

01/08: Interview scheduled for 10 a.m. APPROVED!!!

02/01/08: Stephen comes to America!!!

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.gif3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawl.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Oh, this is terribly offensive and annoying to those of us in age gap relationships. For someone to come and "assume" what's best for someone else.... that "same thoughts and life experience are so much better..." That is a giant assumption my friend, with no basis in fact. I'm in the happiest relationship of my life with a man 15 years my junior. The only time age is ever a factor is when someone with prejudices comes along and makes it their business to judge us.

Happiness comes in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors and nationalities. Don't assume that what works for you or makes you happy will work for everyone else.

P.S. Please don't use the fact that you used the parenthetical phrase "Just my opinion" to excuse your offensive comments on a public board.

First off *waves to Sienna*... very cool to see you here!!!

Secondly... yea what she said! I'm 18 years older than my husband and we are very happily married.

* 129F filed in Nebraska in Aug 2004

* NOA1 August 3, 2004

* APPROVED NOA2 November 30, 2004 OMG :D :D :D (119 days)

* NSC forwards package to Vancouver Consulate on Dec 16, 2004

* Packet received by Vancouver Consulate on Dec 27, 2004

* Package 3 received by Smiwi on Dec 30, 2004

* Checklist returned to Vancouver Consulate on Jan 3, 2005 with requested interview date of Jan 25, 2005

* Package 4 received by Smiwi on January 11, 2005

* Interview scheduled for January 25, 2005 @ 10 am

* Visa Granted!!!! January 25, 2005

* Cross into the United States @ Niagra Falls January 26, 2005

* 2/18 MARRIED :D

* AOS finally filed April 25, 2005

* NOA1 June 1

* Biometrics July 7

* AOS interview for October 25, 2005 8:30 am!!!!!!!!!!!!! woot!

* Green card effective 10/25/2005

*I-751 filed July 27, 2007

Evidence

2 letters of attestation, our driver's licenses, bank statement, 2006 & 2005 joint tax returns, 403B and life ins beneficiary statements, car insurance, mortgage documents, credit cards (oye), health ins, airline tickets from a trip together, a variety of pictures

*I-751 Received by NSC July 30, 2007

*10 yr Green card issued without interview effective 11/28/2007

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:thumbs:

It works for some people and that's great.

But for our OP here it seems that she is childdish and too young for him.

She can't even treat him good from the beginning.

I am trying to tell him that maybe there are issues that he have to concider before marriage with her. :)

usa01.gif

Mike and Anettedk04.gif

lovebirds.gif

AOS

Remove Condition

09-08-09 Touch

Well said Sienna :thumbs:

Mr and Mrs Bird: I am an young educated woman who is married to an intelligent man that is much older than I am. We discussed and prayed about all the potential issues we could face in the future, including meeting folks with your "opinion". Are you saying because of our age difference we are doomed to failure? <_<

EAD

May 24th 2007: NOA 1 EAD

June 20th 2007 : Biometrics

July 30th 2007 : EAD card production ordered. day 68

August 2nd 2007: EAD card production ordered *again* day 71

August 8th 2007 : Approval notice mailed day 77

August 11th 2007: EAD card received in the mail (unable to use it to apply for SSN as the next day my AOS was approved and now EAD invalid)

AOS

May 24th 2007: NOA 1

June 20th 2007: Biometrics

June 29th 2007: AOS case trasfered to CSC

July 11th 2007: *touch*

July 30th 2007: *touch*

August 1st 2007: *touch*

August 12th 2007: Card production ordered

August 21st 2007: E-mail from CRIS-Approval notice sent

August 24th 2007: Card in hand!!!

Removal of Conditions

June 25, 2009: NOA

Sept 15, 2009 : Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.