10 posts in this topic

Hello,

I just signed up for online USCIS account and seen I have a pending RFE.

Just to explain my situation quickly, I have my main sponsor which is my wife but her income was very close to the limit required so we played it safe and used her father as a joint sponser as he makes well over 200k a year.

I sent in her completed form, all documents (tax, w2, paystuck, employer letter, birth certificate) but with him I sent all those minus the birth certificate (I didn't think it would matter for joint)

So in the RFE letter I'm just confused, What does this seem like to you guys?

Do I have to send in just his birth certificate and nothing else? or do I need to have him fill out the entire form again with all the support docs again + his birth certificate this time.

Also do I need to send in her stuff again?

I've attached the full RFE below, If you can take the time please let me know what you think I need to do exactly because I'm very scared of making a mistake with them saying if I do it wrong I'll be denied and only get 1 chance.....

Side note : Is there anyway for me to contact them directly and ask them what exactly they want?

Thank you

Edited by TBoneTX
attachments with personal ID removed

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

First never post copies of your information that has not been redacted. 

It says that neither your wife or her father signed the paperwork. 

Is this just from online or you actually received the mailed letter. 

wait for the mailed RFE as it most likely include any forms they are sending back for correction. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

never post copies of your information that has not been redacted

Attachments have been removed.  This is a VERY public forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

15 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

First never post copies of your information that has not been redacted. 

It says that neither your wife or her father signed the paperwork. 

Is this just from online or you actually received the mailed letter. 

wait for the mailed RFE as it most likely include any forms they are sending back for correction. 

After logging into my USCIS account, I can see all the files they scanned/uploaded and I see both full I-864 filled out and all supporting docs.

This leads me to believe the I-864s are good and I only need to send in the birth certificates is this correct thinking or no?

12 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

Attachments have been removed.  This is a VERY public forum.

Okay I didn't think it'd matter since its just names but I appreciate you looking out

3 hours ago, Nickm1002 said:

I've attached the full RFE below, If you can take the time please let me know what you think I need to do exactly because I'm very scared of making a mistake with them saying if I do it wrong I'll be denied and only get 1 chance.....

When you get the GENERIC RFE IN THE MAIL and review it, you can research the "I864 RFE" threads and compare your documents, how you filed out your forms and the solutions posted. 

3 hours ago, Nickm1002 said:

Side note : Is there anyway for me to contact them directly and ask them what exactly they want?

No. RFEs are generic. Ensure all notations on it are correct/complete. 

When viewing my online USCIS account I can see the scans they took of the 10 pages of each of my I-864s from my Wife & Joint Sponsor.

All 10 pages are filled out correctly & signed.

Do you guys still think I have to send them in again?

My gut feelings is that they just need my Joint sponsors birth certificate since that's all that is missing from what I sent in (my mistake)

But I also don't wanna take a risk so I'll just have my wife & joint sponsor fill out everything again to be safe just seems unnecessary especially with the scans.

also, is it true that if I respond to this RFE with what I think is correct, and happen to make a mistake they are just going to deny my case just like that? No other chances, That seems insane after all this time, money, effort that if I slip up one more time they will just do that, I hope its not real and just something they say to put the pressure on to not make mistakes.

1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

When you get the GENERIC RFE IN THE MAIL and review it, you can research the "I864 RFE" threads and compare your documents, how you filed out your forms and the solutions posted. 

No. RFEs are generic. Ensure all notations on it are correct/complete. 

Do you know if there is any difference's between responding online through the online upload with scans or would it be better to mail it in, I was planning on mailing it personally but im still trying to figure out what exactly to do since I already sent in everything 100% correctly the 1st time (- the joint sponsors birth certificate) but all the forms and documents were correct and I can see them all on the scans.

55 minutes ago, Nickm1002 said:

Do you know if there is any difference's between responding online through the online upload with scans or would it be better to mail it in, I was planning on mailing it personally but im still trying to figure out what exactly to do since I already sent in everything 100% correctly the 1st time (- the joint sponsors birth certificate) but all the forms and documents were correct and I can see them all on the scans.

Yes. In my opinion, and very few will agree with me, ONLY if you FILED your application ONLINE are you ELIGIBLE to reply to RFEs ONLINE. While you may be ABLE TO doesn't mean you are ELIGIBLE to so you should not reply electronically unless you filed electronically. 

They did not send you an RFE for no reason. Don't be like the many others and be so sure of yourself. There is at least one error and statistically, likely many more than one. Time to do some research through the I864 RFE threads as advised above. You'll need to examine your forms and documents very carefully asking yourself what am I trying to prove with each piece of evidence and ensure the numerical amounts match your form. 

#1 problem: Self employed  sponsor's and not knowing how to prove income. I'd advise you not to use a SE'd sponsor.

2 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Yes. In my opinion, and very few will agree with me, ONLY if you FILED your application ONLINE are you ELIGIBLE to reply to RFEs ONLINE. While you may be ABLE TO doesn't mean you are ELIGIBLE to so you should not reply electronically unless you filed electronically. 

They did not send you an RFE for no reason. Don't be like the many others and be so sure of yourself. There is at least one error and statistically, likely many more than one. Time to do some research through the I864 RFE threads as advised above. You'll need to examine your forms and documents very carefully asking yourself what am I trying to prove with each piece of evidence and ensure the numerical amounts match your form. 

#1 problem: Self employed  sponsor's and not knowing how to prove income. I'd advise you not to use a SE'd sponsor.

Thanks he's not self-employed so that's good.

But I do agree, Ill go over everything very carefully and re-do everything

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.