MIRN

SSN Not Yet Received

11 posts in this topic

I entered the USA on 2023-10-22 with a CR1 visa (technically an IR1 since I am beyond the two years).

Today, 8 weeks later, I still haven't received my SSN. 

Not only that, but some other things are also missing:

- I can find nothing about my case in the SAVE database

- my physical green card did not arrive yet

- I paid the USCIS Immigrant Fee of $220 one month after my entry, but I never received the 'payment notice with instructions on paying your fee' as stated on the USCIS website.

I have definitely provided the correct address in my I-130 with the NVC at the consulate. The CBP officer at the port of entry also verified the address with me, and it was correct.

Am I missing something? I'm slowly getting nervous that something might be wrong. What should I do?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, MIRN said:

Am I missing something? I'm slowly getting nervous that something might be wrong. What should I do?

Paying the immigration fee that late has probably caused a delay.  I would wait a couple more months.  You are still well within the "normal" time.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, MIRN said:

Clearly, my mistake, at least regarding the physical GC. But does that also explain why the SSN hasn't been delivered yet? Or why I never received the 'payment notice with instructions on paying your fee'? Until now, I assumed that the SSN had nothing to do with the immigration fee.

Hard to say.  Sadly, SS Cards are hit and miss.  You could go to a local SSA office and inquire.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

3 hours ago, MIRN said:

I entered the USA on 2023-10-22 with a CR1 visa (technically an IR1 since I am beyond the two years).

Today, 8 weeks later, I still haven't received my SSN. 

Not only that, but some other things are also missing:

- I can find nothing about my case in the SAVE database

- my physical green card did not arrive yet

- I paid the USCIS Immigrant Fee of $220 one month after my entry, but I never received the 'payment notice with instructions on paying your fee' as stated on the USCIS website.

I have definitely provided the correct address in my I-130 with the NVC at the consulate. The CBP officer at the port of entry also verified the address with me, and it was correct.

I entered on 26th Oct and waited just under 3 wks but mine didn’t come either. Went to local office and they confirmed it had never been produced. 

however they sorted it in about 20 mins there and I received it in the post about 9 days later. Not a big issue (although remember all your id etc and temp green card in passport)

Just now, Cw1977 said:

I entered on 26th Oct and waited just under 3 wks but mine didn’t come either. Went to local office and they confirmed it had never been produced. 

however they sorted it in about 20 mins there and I received it in the post about 9 days later. Not a big issue (although remember all your id etc and temp green card in passport)

Oh and I haven’t received my actual green card either! Paid my fee 2 wks before I entered but mine still just shows fee received. 

sounds like I have about as much luck as you!!!

If you haven't received the Green Card after three months I wouldn't even worry.  USCIS is slow.  If you haven't received the SS card after 4 weeks, it's time to go down to the SS office.  SS is usually either fast, or else nothing at all.   If it took that long probably something got missed and it needs intervention.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

As above, for GC you need to allow 90 days so if you only paid the fee a month ago it’s probably a bit too early still. Mine took 6 weeks.

What does the online status say? When it says they’ve ordered your card to be produced it’ll usually be with you within a couple of weeks at most.  So keep a close eye on the status. 

For the SSN that’s definitely not right. Are you sure you ticked the box on the DS-260 to have one sent? If so it sounds like you’ll need to make an appointment and go and get one in person. Same thing happened to my daughter, 3 of us had our SSN’s within 10 days of arrival, hers just never turned up. Easy enough to sort at the local office though. 

Good luck. 

Edited by appleblossom

case status shows paid immigration fee. not worried about GC, as temporary I-551 Stamps is valid one year. I'm more concerned by the fact that I have never received any mail (like the payment notice or SSN) and that I cannot find any information about myself in the SAVE database.

But thank you for the responses; I will stop by the SSA office in my town next week.

• 3 weeks later...

Update for everyone still following along:
I received my physical Green Card on December 28, 2023, and on the same day, I went to the nearest SSA office. My information was available to the officer in the computer, and the application date reflected my POE date +2 days (so, October 24, 2023). The officer mentioned that the automatic issuance of the SSN through the DS-260 application almost never works, and I should receive my SSN within the next two weeks.
Today, I received my SSN card in the mail!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
3 hours ago, MIRN said:

Today, I received my SSN card in the mail!

How wonderful!  :dance: 

And thanks for returning with your happy update.  :) 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.