bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from CSC for your I-129F?

5,037 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I see SadEyes just got their NOA2. They were RFE'd in October and it took this long? boy I sure hope I don't get the RFE, that's a ridiculous turn around time.

that's 3 this week.

Visa took too long, grew apart and withdrew visa after six months.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of "Mays" still waiting for NOA2, but I see a few that have gotten them. That's a good sign.

#259 Naomi and Raymond NOA2 approved 11-08-2007 - waiting for information that NVC has sent paperwork to Manila. Time is getting short and longer by the day. Soon I will receive Gods Gift to me, a treasure without compare. Ray

VJ K1 Petition Completion % Through Dec 1 as of Dec 4, 10:00 PM Eastern US Time

Month                   CSC*                                     VSC * *
             Sent     NOA2's    % Complete             Sent     NOA2's    % Complete
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apr          153       133           87                 46        42           91
May          185       147           79                 64        51           80
Jun          146        92           63                 68        45           66
Jul          198        45           23                109        36           33
Aug           41         1            2                 32         1            3
Sep           40         0            0                 43         7           16
Oct           50         0            0                 55         0            0
Nov           20         0            0                 30         0            0

* Includes CSC, NSC & TSC through July. August through November includes CSC & NSC

* Includes only VSC through July. August through November includes VSC & TSC

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Can a VSC'er share a story too?

As background for those of you who are not familar with Colombia, it has not exactly been a popular tourist destination and with good reason. They have been involved in a 3 way civil war for over 40 years. Combine that with the extensive drug trade and you've got a country with a lot of problems. Kidnapping foreigners was quite the growth industry for awhile. The US State Department comes right out and says don't go there. And when I was researching my trip I read several travel sites that said whatever you do don't hail a cab on the street in Bogota which is the capital. Apparently the cab drivers sometimes had friends jump in the cab after the unsuspecting rider and then they take the foreigner on a tour of the ATM's in town before roughing him up and leaving him in an alley somewhere.

So... with that as a foundation and not having travelled a lot I was just a little bit nervous about my trip to Colombia to meet Bella for the first time in person. :unsure:

I get to Colombia without any problem. Bella and the kids are at the airport as planned and we easily made it to the apartment I had rented. On the way to the apartment I noticed lots of murals on sides of buildings of characters from The Toy Story. Well, how dangerous could a neighborhood be if they are fascinated with Buzz and Woody? But just to double check I asked Bella, "Is this apartment in a good neighborhood?"

"Yes, yes, very good!"

"OK. I made it here. This is your country so I am putting myself in your hands."

I was soon having second thoughts about that decision.

First order of business is to go buy groceries so what do we do? Walk up the street and hail a cab. Oh #######. :o But before I could explain why I thought that was not such a good idea we were in the cab and on the way. Much to my amazement I was not beaten and robbed and we we made it to the grocery store without incident. That is if you don't count the panic attacks and stomach lurches as the taxi sped the wrong way down one way streets and made high speed left hand turns from the far right lane of a 3 lane highways. "Bella. where are the seat belts? The what? The seat belts! Oh, only the driver needs those." Oh #######. :unsure:

We were in the grocery store for 5 minutes and her son disappears. Poof. Gone. We could not find him anywhere. Bella is starting to panic and I am asking myself, "Why did they kidnap the boy? Why didn't they take me? I'm the American!" About 15 minutes later we found him happily perusing the toy section. After giving him a good scolding we finally finish the shopping.

OK, that crisis is over now lets get back to the apartment before it gets dark. So back to the street to hail another death taxi. Only one problem. Neither one of us could remember the address of the apartment. So we wander around the neighborhood for an hour or so trying to find the stupid place. Meanwhile it gets dark and the going is slow. Why? Because the police on motorcycles are herding men in handcuffs down the street. Uh Bella, I thought you said this was a good neighborhood. "Yes, yes, very good!" Oh #######. :unsure:

So we continue on our very expensive cab ride looking for the apartment. Suddenly the boy is yelling at the top of his lungs, Buzz! Buzz! Being a HUGE Toy Story fan he recognized one of the Buzz Lightyear murals that was near the apartment and we soon found our way home. I will be forever grateful for Buzz saving my life!

So I think maybe I can finally relax now but nope. Turns out there are no matches for the stove. So Bella mutters something about taking care of the kids and takes off alone down a very dark street. And she does not come back. 5 minutes. 10 minutes. 20 minutes 30 minutes. :clock: Oh #######, she is not coming back and how in the world am I going to take care of these two small children!? Was this all part of her plan? I don't have any food, I don't know a soul and I barely speak the language. Oh #######, oh #######, oh #######! :o:o:o

Thank goodness she eventually came back with matches in hand. I have never been so glad to see someone in my life.

And after surviving my first day I wound up having a wonderful time. For a moment that night I was tempted to kill her for putting me through such stress but before the week was over I decided to marry her. Funny how the heart works. Doesn't listen to the brain at all!

And by the way, Bogota is a wonderful place. The people are marvelous and I feel as safe there as I do in any city in the US. I have been back 5 times and will go again in a few weeks.

Edited by Bill y Bella

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

great story, Bill :lol:

FAR better than 'well, I was sort of drunk, and she was standing at the end of the bar...' like too many people have ;)

thanks for the stats, too... I would have thought more of July was done :(

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
FAR better than 'well, I was sort of drunk, and she was standing at the end of the bar...' like too many people have ;)

Hmmmm....that's pretty much exactly how I met my gal! :whistle:

Now now....we won't be prejudiced against people who met on the internet if you won't be prejudiced against people who met out at a bar while having a few.... :dance:

Timeline

:lol:

who's prejudiced? I simply said it doesn't make as good a story, and it doesn't, does it? :P

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

thats too funny and Bill I enjoyed your story. I felt the same way my first fiew days in the Philippines. Not as bad but I love it there now

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

WAHOO!!!!! We got approved on December 4th!!! I am so excited!!!

Please buy Gareth's Flat....http://www.taylorsestateagents.co.uk/content/006_Results/002_Property/property-sales-tayrps-LWC080078-1213606331

Filed: Timeline

8<...

Ha! Great story! I definitely know what you mean about being paranoid when your feet hit the ground. I met my SO on a business trip to Russia, although don't tell StillThePrettiest, she still thinks I met her while I was drunk standing at the end of a bar. :) Everyone warned me about Moscow, and how taxi cab drivers will mug you, take you on the ATM ("bankomat" in Russia) tour, etc. So what happens? I'm running late to catch my connecting flight (you pretty much have to take a cab between the international and domestic terminal), and the cab driver says we'll never make it because traffic is completely jammed up inside the airport. So then he says "don't worry, come with me, we'll take my personal car. I'm parked outside the airport." HUGE alarm bells go off in my head, but there's only one flight to Kazan a day and I needed to be on that flight. So off we go, and he starts leading me through an active construction site. I'm hauling my luggage, and we're dodging backhoes, trenchers, cranes, and hopping over all kinds of construction materials and trenches. We finally get to his car after squeezing through a chain link fence, and sure enough he gets me to the domestic terminal with no problems. Turned out to be one of the nicer guys I met over there. I did wind up missing my flight anyway, but it wasn't because of him.

You just can never tell what the reality of a place is until you get there. I mean, I don't think I need to go to Darfur to believe the stories, but I do think a lot of what we hear and what the State Department puts out is just a little too paranoid. I've talked to another guy who's been to Bogota and said the same thing--nice city, nice people, never felt threatened.

Goog luck to you, hope your approval comes soon!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

8<...

Ha! Great story! I definitely know what you mean about being paranoid when your feet hit the ground. I met my SO on a business trip to Russia, although don't tell StillThePrettiest, she still thinks I met her while I was drunk standing at the end of a bar. :) Everyone warned me about Moscow, and how taxi cab drivers will mug you, take you on the ATM ("bankomat" in Russia) tour, etc. So what happens? I'm running late to catch my connecting flight (you pretty much have to take a cab between the international and domestic terminal), and the cab driver says we'll never make it because traffic is completely jammed up inside the airport. So then he says "don't worry, come with me, we'll take my personal car. I'm parked outside the airport." HUGE alarm bells go off in my head, but there's only one flight to Kazan a day and I needed to be on that flight. So off we go, and he starts leading me through an active construction site. I'm hauling my luggage, and we're dodging backhoes, trenchers, cranes, and hopping over all kinds of construction materials and trenches. We finally get to his car after squeezing through a chain link fence, and sure enough he gets me to the domestic terminal with no problems. Turned out to be one of the nicer guys I met over there. I did wind up missing my flight anyway, but it wasn't because of him.

You just can never tell what the reality of a place is until you get there. I mean, I don't think I need to go to Darfur to believe the stories, but I do think a lot of what we hear and what the State Department puts out is just a little too paranoid. I've talked to another guy who's been to Bogota and said the same thing--nice city, nice people, never felt threatened.

Goog luck to you, hope your approval comes soon!!

Yes, the same viewpoint I have about China !! I feel safer in any major city in China, than I do walking at night in L.A. or S.F. !!! :thumbs:

I-130 for CR-1/CR-2 Timeline:

Married in Guangzhou, China 12-2006.

05/03/07: I-130's for CR-1 and CR-2 mailed to CSC via USPS

06/23/07: NOA-1/I-797C's.

11/06/07: NOA-2’s were issued. CR-1/2 Abandoned, for K-3/4.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I-129F for K-3/K-4 Timeline:

06/11/07: I-129F for K-3/K-4 mailed to Chicago.

06/13/07: Received at Chicago.

06/15/07: Received NOA-1 Form I-797C, from Chicago.

06/26/07: E-mail notice of transfer to the CSC.

11/06/07: NOA-2 approval issued for the I-129F.

12/06/07: I-129F for K-3/4 has been received at the NVC.

06/02/08: Interview passed at US Consulate Guangzhou

06/06/08: Return together and arrive at POE LAX.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

AOS K-3/K-4 I-485/I-765 Timeline:

03-25-09: Mailed files.

03-27-09: Received at Chicago.

04-02-09: NOA’s for (K-3 and K-4) I-485 and I-765.

04-03-09: Both checks ($1010.00 and $600.00) cashed.

04-07-09: NOA’s Biometrics Appt.

04-14-09: Both I-765 files entered into the online system.

04-24-09: Biometrics appt. completed.

05-07-09: NOA with Interview Date of June 16, 2009.

05-21-09: Now have both I-485 files viewable.

05-23-09: EAD card production ordered x2.

06-01-09: EAD cards received in mail.

06-18-09: AOS Interviews completed and GC production ordered.

06-22-09: Welcome letters received.

07-07-09: 10 year Green Cards arrive. PM 07-01-09.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On December 4, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this

I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the

notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

I am so happy and relieved, I can't even begin to express the emotions!!!! I called Tony and his whole office was yelling and wanting to talk to me. I'm grateful this step is complete..... now to the next leg!

I wish everyone speedy approvals!!!!

09/03/08 - Visa Approved!!!!!!!

09/10/08 - Picked up visa

09/20/08 - Arrived in the US - WHOOOOHOOOOO!

12/06/08 - Wedding

01/12/09 - AOS sent

Timeline
I met my SO on a business trip to Russia, although don't tell StillThePrettiest, she still thinks I met her while I was drunk standing at the end of a bar. :)

:lol:

have I trodden on a few toes? :P

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.