uzair_tx

Question regarding I-130A parents info if they are deceased.

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi everyone.

I am filling out the I-130A form for my wifes I-130 app, she is overseas so I believe that I can fill out the I-130A without her having to sign it on her behalf.  I have a quesiton though about filling out I-130A and on page 2 it asks for her parents information.  However both her parents have passed away, is that an issue?  Should I still fill out the information regardless of her parents passing?

My other question about this form is since I am filling it out on my wifes behalf (she is the beneficiary) and she is not in the US she does not have to sign it correct?  Lastly I have to fill out the preparer section (Part 6) with my info since she is not in the US and I her sponsor am filling it out the form on her behalf?

Thank you everyone in advance who responds and I hope your joruney through this or similar process to be with your loved ones as soon as possible.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, uzair_tx said:

Hi everyone.

I am filling out the I-130A form for my wifes I-130 app, she is overseas so I believe that I can fill out the I-130A without her having to sign it on her behalf.  I have a quesiton though about filling out I-130A and on page 2 it asks for her parents information.  However both her parents have passed away, is that an issue?  Should I still fill out the information regardless of her parents passing?

My other question about this form is since I am filling it out on my wifes behalf (she is the beneficiary) and she is not in the US she does not have to sign it correct?  Lastly I have to fill out the preparer section (Part 6) with my info since she is not in the US and I her sponsor am filling it out the form on her behalf?

Thank you everyone in advance who responds and I hope your joruney through this or similar process to be with your loved ones as soon as possible.

Put DECEASED where it asks for place of residency for whichever parent is dead.

It isn't required that she signs because she is in  another country and it says so on the instructions for that form.

13 hours ago, uzair_tx said:

I have to fill out the preparer section (Part 6) with my info since she is not in the US and I her sponsor am filling it out the form on her behalf?

No need to list yourself as form preparer.

11 hours ago, Ara Burton said:

Put DECEASED where it asks for place of residency for whichever parent is dead.

It isn't required that she signs because she is in  another country and it says so on the instructions for that form.

That's exactly what we did for our I-130A.  Entered "DECEASED" for parent's city/country of residence.  Beneficiary residing overseas did not sign.  Our case was approved, no RFE.

Timeline

You all @Chancy @Ara Burton are amazing for sharing your info and answering my question thank you so much.

So just to confirm even though I am filling out the I-130 and I-130A for my wife (beneficiary) I dont need to put my info anywhere or sign it?  I looked and I didnt seem to see anywhere where it asked for the sponsor (me) info.

Thank you

9 minutes ago, uzair_tx said:

So just to confirm even though I am filling out the I-130 and I-130A for my wife (beneficiary) I dont need to put my info anywhere or sign it?

You (the USC petitioner) definitely need to sign the I-130.  No signature required on the I-130A if the beneficiary is outside the US.  You may list yourself as preparer for the I-130A, but as I said, it is not required.

Timeline

Thank you  @Chancy for the lightening quick response and answering my question.

I will plan to sign the I-130 and for the I-130A since I am filling it out and shes outside the US and leave my info out of the I-130A form.  Thank you again.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
21 hours ago, Chancy said:

You (the USC petitioner) definitely need to sign the I-130.  No signature required on the I-130A if the beneficiary is outside the US.  You may list yourself as preparer for the I-130A, but as I said, it is not required.

Chancy is correct.

@uzair_tx you said you aren't seeing a request for information from you.

you are the petitioner so mostly all the info on theI 130 is asking about you the petioner/sponsor.

You have to carefully read everything so you don't make mistakes.

If you get confused the instructions are very helpful.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Ara Burton said:

Chancy is correct.

@uzair_tx you said you aren't seeing a request for information from you.

you are the petitioner so mostly all the info on theI 130 is asking about you the petioner/sponsor.

You have to carefully read everything so you don't make mistakes.

If you get confused the instructions are very helpful.

I agree, I am reading and re reading everyything including what I have filled in over again to ensure that nothing gets lost or incorrectly filled.  Want to do this 1 time and be done with hopefully no kickback for RFE :)  Fingers crossed.  You guys have also been a great source of information and really am thankful for that @Chancy and @Ara Burton

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.